Guest Carly49

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

:o *has flashback to old-time movie of damsel in distress waving her hankie* "hayyyyelllp... oh haaayyyyyeelllp." :o

Yeah I think I'll stick to praying like Jesus showed us :ph34r:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Have all of you permitted levity make you take leave of your senses? THE SCRIPTURE records exactly this very mechanism for divine healing. "NOTHING else is necessary for our prayers"? Of course not. But many things may be helpful and convenient. PAUL USED THESE PRAYER HANDKERCHIEFS and GOD 'wrought special miracles' thereby.

Of course there are those who use it unscrupulously! The enemy always imitates what is REAL; who would counterfeit a $3 bill? I'm just saying don't throw out the baby with the bathwater. If it was freely sent, very good. What bothers me is those who actually SELL these sorts of 'Christian' trinkets. That is of course, unquestionably wrong.

I will simply tell you some of the testimonies of how God used the cloths I gave out. A young lady told me she was COMPLETELY HEALED of arthritis of the neck so severe she actually had not been able to turn her head to the right or left for several years. I forget the other healings in specific that people told me about.

It is most unfortunate some nut-cakes abuse such true gifts.........

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Whats next? Prayer tooth brushes?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

well if the hankies can restore a limb bring back sight etcc. Then I will believe it is a work of God...........

Does God heal YES !!!!

Does He always NO !!!!

Benny Hinn is awalys proclaiming a healing but has he ever proven one NO !!!

I got a prayer cloth from Marylene Hickey I sent it back to her and told her I did not sign up for her mailing list and did not wish to be on it. I got a bunch of other stuff within 2 weeks. At that point I mailed her and ask her for money........ Never heard from her again............

In Christ

IreneM

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Just a thought I had in reading these verses again

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  197
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Have all of you permitted levity make you take leave of your senses?  THE SCRIPTURE records exactly this very mechanism for divine healing.  "NOTHING else is necessary for our prayers"?  Of course not.  But many things may be helpful and convenient.  PAUL USED THESE PRAYER HANDKERCHIEFS and GOD 'wrought special miracles' thereby. 

Of course there are those who use it unscrupulously!  The enemy always imitates what is REAL; who would counterfeit a $3 bill?  I'm just saying don't throw out the baby with the bathwater.  If it was freely sent, very good.  What bothers me is those who actually SELL these sorts of 'Christian' trinkets.  That is of course, unquestionably wrong.

I will simply tell you some of the testimonies of how God used the cloths I gave out.  A young lady told me she was COMPLETELY HEALED of arthritis of the neck so severe she actually had not been able to turn her head to the right or left for several years.  I forget the other healings in specific that people told me about. 

It is most unfortunate some nut-cakes abuse such true gifts.........

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I for one apologize for my comment, we have received these prayer cloths for the last few years from various ministries who want them to then be sent back at your expense. I was not attempting to say that the account of this practice in the Bible was not true. Please forgive my lighthearted poking of fun, I did not mean to offend anyone and I am sorry. In His Great Love, ellie

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,550
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  10/15/1943

Hi: It's me again...  :cool: 

A short while ago, I went to the mailbox to pick up the mail. I find a envelope addressed to me, and also in the top left corner it reads:

"Carly, enclosed is your Green Acts 19 Prayer Handkerchief to help you start receiving God's Blessings!"

I didn't know that I needed a "Prayer Handkerchief" in order to receive God's Blessings.

Am I missing out on something?

Carly

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Forgive me while I jump back to the beginning here.

Evidently you've had some contact with the ministry from which the "prayer handkerchief" came from... or else a friend who knew your plight (hurts, etc.) had it sent to you.

Either way.... I suggest if it offends you, simply throw it away!!

Not knowing how it came about being sent to you, or it's intended purpose can be misleading. I prayfully hope it was sent with heart-felt intentions!

I agree, we do not need these type of articles to be blessed by God. Perhaps one can accept the gesture, in the spirit, for which was meant for, without getting upset about it. God will bless you ... even if the original intent of sending the handkerchief to you was for deceptive reasons, etc.

Blessings sent with love-

Pam

:thumbsup:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Whats next? Prayer tooth brushes?

:o

Benny Hinn is awalys proclaiming a healing but has he ever proven one NO !!!

I got a prayer cloth from Marylene Hickey I sent it back to her and told her I did not sign up for her mailing list and did not wish to be on it. I got a bunch of other stuff within 2 weeks. At that point I mailed her and ask her for money........ Never heard from her again............

:cool::o:o:thumbsup:

Good job, Irene!

t.

• Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

Don't get too carried away with your humor; there's a line we can cross somewhere between good cheer and mockeryof the divine....

When this thread first started I wrote a humorous reply, but before I could post it the Lord caused my heart to be grieved, and I knew that He did not want me making fun in this, but I didn't know really why.

I hate the selling of that which God provides for His people freely, as also do many of you, and the stench of that kind of sales reaches the Lord's nostrils, I assure you, but there is a genuine that we need to understand.

When people spend time with the Lord, and I am talking about quality time here, they get oily, as in saturated with the anointing oil of God Himself, and their clothes or other personal items can be like a battery charged with the Lord's power, and when the Lord desires (not some silly man made thing here) miracles can occur because of contact with the Holy.

You see this in the face of Moses. You see this in the bones of Elisha.

(2 Ki 13:21 KJV) And it came to pass, as they were burying a man, that, behold, they spied a band of men; and they cast the man into the sepulchre of Elisha: and when the man was let down, and touched the bones of Elisha, he revived, and stood up on his feet.

You can see this in Paul's hankerchief or apron.

(Acts 19:11 KJV) And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul:

(Acts 19:12 KJV) So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.

And you can see this in the shadow of Peter.

(Acts 5:15 KJV) Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them.

There is a great danger in coveting and lying to the Holy Ghost however.

(Acts 5:10 KJV) Then fell she down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost: and the young men came in, and found her dead, and, carrying her forth, buried her by her husband.

(Acts 5:5 KJV) And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things.

We just walked backwards in scripture 5 verses at a time, and we read of a great and powerful demonstration of the Lord through Peter here.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Don't get too carried away with your humor; there's a line we can cross somewhere between good cheer and mockeryof the divine....

Its mockery even to think that there is power in a hankie----

Angels