• Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Gosh !

only just two literal witnesses left ?

must be like Sodom and Gomorrah, if there be ten righteous people will you spare the city.

only two went up as it is read.

I had not considered that this may be the context in which they are referred to... yikes!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

No I do not.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Gosh !

must be like Sodom and Gomorrah, if there be ten righteous people will you spare the city.

I had not considered that this may be the context in which they are referred to... yikes!

It's typically a position held by those who believe we are currently in the millennial kingdom, so nothing can be taken literally from that perspective. In just chapter 11 alone you will see that to millennialists, 1 temple=every believer, 2 witnesses=every believer. In other chapters 144,000=every believer, so that could explain why.

You'll also notice in chapter 11 that it does not say only two go up, it says the two witnesses go up, it does not say they are the only ones.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  325
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1966

no i don't think it does

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Do you think the two witnesses of Revelation 11 may have something to do with

the rebuilding of the third Temple?

http://www.biblegate... 11&version=KJV

Are we certain a third temple will be erected? After all, Christ pointed us to the true temple that we are individually and collectively. Because the Jews rejected Christ, they reject His teaching about the temple. However the Jews will come to "mourn the one they pierced" and when they do, they must also accept His teaching.

Zechariah 12:10

"And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son."

Revelation 1:7

“Look, he is coming with the clouds,”

and “every eye will see him,

even those who pierced him”;

and all peoples on earth “will mourn because of him.”

So shall it be! Amen.

John 4:22-24

“Believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

1 Corinthians 3:9-17

9For we are co-workers in God’s service; you are God’s field, God’s building.

10By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as a wise builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should build with care. 11For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, 13their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work. 14If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward. 15If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved—even though only as one escaping through the flames.

16Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst? 17If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for God’s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,591
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, wingnut et al.

Gosh !

It's typically a position held by those who believe we are currently in the millennial kingdom, so nothing can be taken literally from that perspective. In just chapter 11 alone you will see that to millennialists, 1 temple=every believer, 2 witnesses=every believer. In other chapters 144,000=every believer, so that could explain why.

You'll also notice in chapter 11 that it does not say only two go up, it says the two witnesses go up, it does not say they are the only ones.

Oh, it's okay. On another forum, I've met three of the two witnesses, but the one who is the most sure of his position doesn't recognize the other two and says that HE must pick the second witness. It's all very fascinating! Like watching a soap opera!

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Shalom, wingnut et al.

Gosh !

Oh, it's okay. On another forum, I've met three of the two witnesses, but the one who is the most sure of his position doesn't recognize the other two and says that HE must pick the second witness. It's all very fascinating! Like watching a soap opera!

Wow, ok... :blink:can I watch too? I wanna see how this one plays out!

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Lol. Let us know how that works out, I met a chatter once who said he was one of the two witnesses also, maybe you met the same one.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,591
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, wingnut-.

Lol. Let us know how that works out, I met a chatter once who said he was one of the two witnesses also, maybe you met the same one.

Maybe, or ... maybe there's a whole BUNCH of them! :group-hug:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Do you think the two witnesses of Revelation 11 may have something to do with

the rebuilding of the third Temple?

I agree with most of those responding to this thread, no.