another black mark against believers

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

This does not surprise me, as he has been spouting wigged-out junk for years. But it is time for him to take himself off the air, and if he won't go willingly, then someone else needs to remove him by force.

If a man cheats on his wife, it is all on the man. He made the choice. Maybe things were bad at home. Maybe his wife wasn't being all he wanted her to be. Doesn't much matter. There is no way to rationalize adultery. Whoever makes the choice to commit it, it is their choice and they should have to answer for it. Robertson's advice is about as bad as it gets.

Totally agree.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Folks, I can't download the video, and I didn't see the broadcast. Pat Robertson is deeper than this little blurb would seem to indicate, and I'm NOT prepared to take ABC News' word for ANYTHING regarding a genuine Christian leader. They've shown in the past that their editors can work wonders!

Have a care in receiving the reports of the wicked against Christians......

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Folks, I can't download the video, and I didn't see the broadcast. Pat Robertson is deeper than this little blurb would seem to indicate, and I'm NOT prepared to take ABC News' word for ANYTHING regarding a genuine Christian leader. They've shown in the past that their editors can work wonders!

Leonard ~ I watched the video and he said what the broadcast declares he said. He says a number of things and finishes up with:

“Males have a tendency to wander a little bit, and what you want to do it make the home so wonderful that he doesn’t want to wander,” he said.

He basically downgrades the adultery and puts the onus on women to prevent the adultery. Are men helpless and all a woman has to do is bat her eyelashes

and any Christian man will succumb? Does that sound silly? Well so does saying it is all the woman's fault if her husband sleeps around.

Now that's good Christian advice. Are we addressing males or Christian males and is there no difference after all? God seems to think there should be a difference. Personally, I'm tired of

goof offs making excuses for men with all their 'needs' and blaming women because their unfaithful husbands have not really committed to following Christ and putting their flesh to death.

Christian women have needs too...and a good deal of them are emotional...do I have to spell out what adultery does to the other spouse? However, this is dealing with a man

in particular and the very condescending advice given by someone I suspect needs to ...ummm...retire before he really hurts somebody

Nothing against you personally...I don't know you at all...but the article is true apparently.

Go to youtube, copy and paste this phrase in their search engine.

Pat Robertson Tells Wife of Cheater, ‘He’s a Man’

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  142
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/17/1971

Mouth drops!!!! Actually this really don't surprise me yet I do wonder what He would of said to the husband that was saying wife was cheating?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Folks, just as is true with a woman, no man who is happy as he should be at home will wander. However it is simply a fact that men are more prone to wandering. They're supposed to stand for higher things, but men have a stronger TENDENCY to have a wandering eye. The wandering eye can lead to worse things of course.

Both husband and wife, need to try to create an environment in which the other will not be tempted. Since Mr. Robinson was answering a WOMAN, with questions about a MAN, he framed his answer in that way. Looks to me like he was 100% CORRECT!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

The fault is with the man. No matter what she does, he is supposed to remain faithful. God did not excuse adam for his temptation in the garden when he blamed the woman. Scripturally in james it states that a persons lust leads to sin and is their own fault. Dont make excuses for this man. No more would I make excuses for the woman if she was cheating on him. No matter what he did. Marriage vows are not supposed to be conditional on the actions of the other spouse.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Folks, just as is true with a woman, no man who is happy as he should be at home will wander. However it is simply a fact that men are more prone to wandering. They're supposed to stand for higher things, but men have a stronger TENDENCY to have a wandering eye. The wandering eye can lead to worse things of course.

Both husband and wife, need to try to create an environment in which the other will not be tempted. Since Mr. Robinson was answering a WOMAN, with questions about a MAN, he framed his answer in that way. Looks to me like he was 100% CORRECT!

Brother, have you not heard?

2 Corinthians 5:17

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

If a man is in Christ, he will be changed. If he refuses change, he is quenching the Holy Spirit, and we know what 1 Thessalonians 5:19-22 tells us ... "Do not quench the Spirit. Do not despise prophecies. Test all things; hold fast what is good. Abstain from every form of evil."

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Have you watched the drivel yet?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  757
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/24/1957

.......Dear Leonard,I'm NOT BASHING Pat Robertson, BUT Pat's advice at times is nothing less then hurtful......Ayoung man had asked for advice about his parent's....This is what had Pat to say to that young man.....once again Pat was far more hurtful then helpful.......Can you just imagine how this made that 17 year old young man feel....... CBN does a lot of good, no doubt about about it...But I do believe that it's time for Pat to step out of the limelight......http://www.dailymail...-marriages.html Edited by MissPlaced_55