IGNORED

Will Christians Always Feel Close To God?

A Short Question Taken From A List Found On About.com Christianity..

This Is Intended For Both The Believer And The Seeker Alike. Believer's Bible Input Is Welcome.

Any Sincere Expression And Question From Seekers Should Be (Prayerfully) Salted With Truth And With Love.

Guest ninhao

Heb 13:5-6  Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.  (6)  So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

If Christians always walked in the Spirit then yes we would always feel close to God, but reality check is that we still have to deal with the flesh. the veil was a representation of the flesh it was a curtain that separated man from God even as our flesh when we walk in it, but with the death of Christ that veil was ripped from top to bottom. the fruits of the flesh vs the fruits of the Spirit, walk in the Spirit and not in the flesh. God is a Spirit and we must worship Him in Spirit and truth. If we are one with the Spirit then we will know the things of the Spirit, one of those things would be His promises: I will never leave you nor forsake you,(this one promise along puts a hole in the doctrine that one can lose their salvation, now doesn't it, regardless of what we do, He will never forsake us, "NEVER" would also include even if we walk away from Him) : if God be for us, who can be against us? Is there anything too hard for my God? Greater is He who is in me, than he that is in the world!

Php 4:13

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

all things would include feel close to God at all times

Edited by His_disciple3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

When a Christian lets sin come in between You and God, it will cause you to pull away and not feel close to God. Just keep your mind fresh in the word daily, and talk with God even in prayers, love others, and live to serve. This will help you to stay close to God always.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

No we will not always feel close to God.But he is always there.If anyone moves it is us not God but us.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Sometimes it's like we aren't even on speaking terms.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

A Short Question Taken From A List Found On About.com Christianity..

This Is Intended For Both The Believer And The Seeker Alike. Believer's Bible Input Is Welcome.

Any Sincere Expression And Question From Seekers Should Be (Prayerfully) Salted With Truth And With Love.

We may not always feel close to God, but God is ever present in our lives. In fact, even when we are faithless God is faithful as He cannot deny Himself. There are many passages that refer to God’s faithfulness. Here’s a few of them.

Psalm 33:4

For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does.

Psalm 36:5

Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies.

Psalm 86:15

But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.

Psalm 89:1

I will sing of the LORD's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations.

Psalm 89:8

O LORD God Almighty, who is like you? You are mighty, O LORD, and your faithfulness surrounds you.

Psalm 108:4

For great is your love, higher than the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies.

Psalm 115:1

Not to us, O LORD, not to us but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness.

Psalm 117:1-2

Praise the Lord, all you nations;

extol him, all you peoples.

For great is his love toward us,

and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever.

Praise the Lord.

Psalm 143:1

O LORD, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for mercy; in your faithfulness and righteousness come to my relief!

Lamentations 3:22-23

22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. 23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

Romans 3:3-4

What if some did not have faith? Will their lack of faith nullify God's faithfulness? Not at all!

1 Corinthians 1:9

God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful.

1 Corinthians 10:13

No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

2 Tim 2:11-13

11 Here is a trustworthy saying:

If we died with him,

we will also live with him;

12 if we endure,

we will also reign with him.

If we disown him,

he will also disown us;

13 if we are faithless,

he remains faithful,

for he cannot disown himself.

God bless,