• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  460
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/26/1990

I think this is a perfect example of covert discrimination in laws. Of course the law would not say they are banning anti-gay sentiments but by reading the law it does state that they will ban anyone from the vague term of "demonstrating a bias". That term is extremely vague and comprises a large range of activities. What if someone goes to a Church that supports traditional marriage or what if they state that they support traditional marriage? In this day and time that is a bias even though such a belief might not effect the person's ability to be a good city council member. "Demonstrating a bias" could mean anyone who supports the traditional marriage or believe homosexuality is a sin. I think churches should rally against this new law and demand an explanation or change.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

Are you kidding me???? :o

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

horriffic isnt it... the churches here r planning ralleys.. understand we just found out about this., it was on tv in houston.. not here in san antonio..

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

Christians (and Muslims) are indeed "prejudiced" against, and "opposed to" homosexuality.

I'm not prejudice against homosexuals and I'm a Christian. Guess they will let me on the council then.

Edited by LadyKay

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

“No person shall be appointed to a position if the city council finds that such person has, prior to such proposed appointment, engaged in discrimination or demonstrated a bias, by word or deed, against any person, group or organization on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age or disability,”

No where do I see that is says Christians can not be on the city council. Notice I underlined the word "religion" What has happen is a group of people said that the ordinance was going to ban Christians and people went and ran with that.

Edited by LadyKay

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Hey folks - I know it is a passionate issue, and an emotive one... but please keep the language squeaky clean :).

Now wait a minute:

“No person shall be appointed to a position if the city council finds that such person has, prior to such proposed appointment, engaged in discrimination or demonstrated a bias, by word or deed, against any person, group or organization on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age or disability,”

So, if it turns out, that this means they could ban Christians, then those who vote for this measure. have engaged in discrimination against a religion, and are then themselves disqualified form appoinment to a position on the council? LOL

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I live in San Antonio and have not heard of this...Why am I out side the loop in my own city? :confused:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

The media wants us out of the loop. I noticed in the past few months that finding news in any part of the world is getting harder to find.