• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Actually John, I don't disagree with you about women's dress. I try the best I can to dress conservative - and I say bet I can because finding such clothes is difficult to come by these days. Ugh!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Bless you.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Oh good grief.  

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

men shouldn't lust if the ladies came to church wearing nothing at all...the problem is self control not what women are wearing.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,740
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  07/02/1964

men shouldn't lust if the ladies came to church wearing nothing at all...the problem is self control not what women are wearing.

Now that is a bit of an extreme to say the least

Isn't it though.   :17:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  438
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

All this talk about men lusting after women completely ignores the fact that women also lust after men.  Women are sexual beings as well, and experience both lust and sexual pleasure even more-so than men!  If women must hide away their bodies then men should also hide away their bodies.  Men should cover their skin in the sun, so as to avoid getting an attractive tan.  A man should never take his shirt off when there could be a woman around, even if they are doing hard labour on a hot day.  Perhaps especially if they are doing hard labour on a hot day!  I think people can agree universally that plumbers butt should never ever happen!  But what about t-shirts that allow a woman to see the form of the chest muscles of a man?  Many women are attracted to a muscular form.  Men should not wear short sleeves so that their muscles remain hidden from wandering eyes.  Tight jeans are an absolute no for any man.  The form of his bottom should never be easily seen, nor the width of his hips.  Deep voices also trigger sexual desire in many woman.  A deep voice signifies higher levels of testosterone in a potential mate.  So men with deep voices should not speak within the hearing range of a woman, lest he lead her to lust.  If you are a man and you are drawing the eyes of women because of your attractiveness then you are causing them to sin and you should cover yourself.

Not many men are encouraged to do this, or to think this way of themselves.  I wonder why.   :39:  

It seems like most problems would be solved if both genders wore the burqa and didn't talk to each other!

Either that or perhaps both genders should accept a little more personal responsibility for their own objectification of the opposite sex?  Which do you think is more balanced?  Or do men want to start fainting on construction sites for the sake of their modesty?

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

why?

If scripture tells women to dress modestly, there's gotta be a reason?  Eh?  Telling a man he should not lust after a naked woman in church is going WAY beyond what the Word states.

All this talk about men lusting after women completely ignores the fact that women also lust after men.  Women are sexual beings as well, and experience both lust and sexual pleasure even more-so than men!  If women must hide away their bodies then men should also hide away their bodies.  Men should cover their skin in the sun, so as to avoid getting an attractive tan.  A man should never take his shirt off when there could be a woman around, even if they are doing hard labour on a hot day.  Perhaps especially if they are doing hard labour on a hot day!  I think people can agree universally that plumbers butt should never ever happen!  But what about t-shirts that allow a woman to see the form of the chest muscles of a man?  Many women are attracted to a muscular form.  Men should not wear short sleeves so that their muscles remain hidden from wandering eyes.  Tight jeans are an absolute no for any man.  The form of his bottom should never be easily seen, nor the width of his hips.  Deep voices also trigger sexual desire in many woman.  A deep voice signifies higher levels of testosterone in a potential mate.  So men with deep voices should not speak within the hearing range of a woman, lest he lead her to lust.  If you are a man and you are drawing the eyes of women because of your attractiveness then you are causing them to sin and you should cover yourself.

Not many men are encouraged to do this, or to think this way of themselves.  I wonder why.   :39:  

It seems like most problems would be solved if both genders wore the burqa and didn't talk to each other!

Either that or perhaps both genders should accept a little more personal responsibility for their own objectification of the opposite sex?  Which do you think is more balanced?  Or do men want to start fainting on construction sites for the sake of their modesty?

No.  I disagree.  We are in the world, not part of the world.  I want to get as far away from the idea that women are just like men as I can.  It isn't true.  And I also don't want to be told I can lust which therefore

means that as a Christian woman I should not lust.  As an artist, I saw plenty of naked of both sexes and you just don't lust...you just draw.  How about doctors?  

Perhaps if one starts to identify with how the media and hollywood in particular portrays women as being just like men...sexually aggressive and just as likely to lust...it is time to get back into the Bible

because that is what is real.  WE are made in God's image and not made to identify with the sinful and wicked imaginations of most of the rest of the world.

I'm not buying any of it.