• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

Enoob, salt and grace go hand in hand, if we are to be the salt of the Earth. If I've come across like I was throwing salt in a wound, that was not my intention. Maybe I was just trying to get a smile or chuckle out of you, for a smile and a chuckle get more mileage than a frown.

MorningGlory, it is good to be back.

Alphaparticle, There is one key word in your post that should be screaming to be highlighted, and that word is RESPECT. If everybody would just respect each other, the problems of this world would be nil, It would be a big blow to satan's evil scheming on this Earth.

Months ago there was a young lady on Facebook that was a little depressed how some young ladies feel they must dress to attract men and she refuses to dress as such. I gave her a response and tried to look it up to post on here, but darn I can't find it, so here it goes from memory.

Young lady, women are the most beautiful of God's creation, for women were created to be the perfect mate for man. Having said that, you don't have to dress like you are going to a red light district in order to find a possibility of a future spouse. On the other hand I'm not saying you should dress like a nun either (nothing against the way nuns dress, just making a point). If a woman dresses in a presentable way that respects (Alpha) herself, smiles, and is polite, there will be plenty of good men knocking on her door.

Oldzimm    

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

Sure old, and if she is asking for advice offering that to her makes sense in terms of how she advertises herself and her values. But what I really wanted to get across in my post is that blame for sin should not be placed on others.

But, on the flip side, suppose she goes around wearing a tight miniskirt. Whose problem is it if she causes sin? Whatever if she is an unbeliever? It's dangerous thinking in my mind to place the blame on her because that is what leads to demands she cover up so she doesn't cause problems for others, and where does that end? A pretty face could be enough to cause issues. In my mind it's like people who have a personal problem with drinking demanding that no one else do it either, and then blame others if they have problems.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1994

Men need to learn not to lust. Women struggle with the issue as well, but in a different way. Both must learn how not to lust.

Sure old, and if she is asking for advice offering that to her makes sense in terms of how she advertises herself and her values. But what I really wanted to get across in my post is that blame for sin should not be placed on others.

But, on the flip side, suppose she goes around wearing a tight miniskirt. Whose problem is it if she causes sin? Whatever if she is an unbeliever? It's dangerous thinking in my mind to place the blame on her because that is what leads to demands she cover up so she doesn't cause problems for others, and where does that end? A pretty face could be enough to cause issues. In my mind it's like people who have a personal problem with drinking demanding that no one else do it either, and then blame others if they have problems.

Yes but the blame could go both ways, could it not? If I have a friend with a drinking problem and is trying to stay dry or even if he is not on the wagon, Knowing he has a problem, wouldn't it be a sin for me crack open a beer in front of him? The Bible tells us not to do anything that would cause our brother to sin (stumble).

If I remember right, I think the original post was about one or two women in a Church that may have dressed on the less conservative side. I can't say yea or nay on how they were dressed, because I don't know, but if they were wearing short miniskirts or low cut tops and as sisters in Christ, why would they dress to cause a brother to stumble?

People have this idea that they must be good enough before they come to Christ and that's not true. People come to Christ for his mercy, love, and strength to break the chains of sin that is holding them down. If we all waited to be good enough to become sons and daughters in Christ,  Church would be a very lonely place. So knowing there could be men in the congregation with a problem with lust, why then would women dress provocatively (if they were) causing a brother to stumble? 

• Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

Yes but the blame could go both ways, could it not? If I have a friend with a drinking problem and is trying to stay dry or even if he is not on the wagon, Knowing he has a problem, wouldn't it be a sin for me crack open a beer in front of him? The Bible tells us not to do anything that would cause our brother to sin (stumble).

If I remember right, I think the original post was about one or two women in a Church that may have dressed on the less conservative side. I can't say yea or nay on how they were dressed, because I don't know, but if they were wearing short miniskirts or low cut tops and as sisters in Christ, why would they dress to cause a brother to stumble?

People have this idea that they must be good enough before they come to Christ and that's not true. People come to Christ for his mercy, love, and strength to break the chains of sin that is holding them down. If we all waited to be good enough to become sons and daughters in Christ,  Church would be a very lonely place. So knowing there could be men in the congregation with a problem with lust, why then would women dress provocatively (if they were) causing a brother to stumble? 

maybe they don't know that. Maybe they think they are merely being fashionable. Maybe she does have bad intentions, so what. My point is that the guy in question should learn to deal. Truth is, we don't know how she was actually dressed. If she were dressed as is acceptable in our society I don't think it's cool for the guy referenced in the OP to complain.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

you guys are beginning to make me understand why Islamic societies put women in burkas

LOL!!Might not be a bad idea.I like the way the Amish women dress.

The hardship that Islamic women have to endure is unimaginable. I'm sure Other One is being sarcastic.

It would be a horrible idea for women for Islamic values to overcome our culture. Here are some reasons why from my understanding... In Islam women are second class citizens. Women are given only 1/3 of the inheritance men receive. A woman's testimony only counts as half of a man's testimony. In Islam women are still treated as literal slaves - property of their owners. A male follower of Islam may have up to four wives. Domestic violence towards women is acceptable by a husband who follows Islam. Women are allowed to marry under age girls.  In Islamic countries a woman isn't allowed to go places in public without the accompaniment of a male relative.

I'm sure there are other horrible ways in which Islam teaches to treat women. Careful what you wish for.

Regarding the Amish as I understand it technology is not allowed - cell phones, computers, cars, airplanes, etc. This means riding horses or carriages everywhere. Amish women are only allowed to marry within their faith and must adhere to a strict dress code. Education usually ends by the eighth grade. The Amish also generally don't participate in Social Security or any form of insurance. Those who do not follow the rules are excommunicated and shunned. Again, careful what you wish for.

God bless,

GE

Yes,that is correct about the Amish culture GE but I am only talking about the way the women dress.Pretty modest if you ask me.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

I didn't get a chance to read all the post on this interesting topic, but somebody hit the nail right on the head, "we are taught to take our thoughts captive". Which tells us the thought is already made in a mans mind, now the question is men (and yes women too at times) what are you going to do with that thought?

Men lets be really honest here, we can't help the way God wired us. If a man sees a women dressed inappropriately, the first thing your going to say to yourself without thinking is wow. If you don't, I will wonder if you're still among the living. So the question is again, what are you going to do with that thought?

(A) You're going to capture that thought, take control of it and go on about your business.

or

(B) Stand there and stare, while your jaw hits the floor.

If you answered (B) you surely didn't take control of your thought. I also suggest that your wife buys a set of blinders for you and leads you around so you don't STUMBLE. 

Yes,if a man sees a woman with her breasts hanging out of her top he will either look or I wonder if he was still breathing.I know I am among the same species.Women dress in a provocative way to get a males attention.Pretty sick if you ask me. :(And some me sure hope that they don't decide to cover it all up.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  50
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

God has cured me from the lustful sexual thoughts over a women. I can now admire a women's shape as a beautiful creation of God without lusting after her body for my own sexual pleasures. This is just one of the freedoms of being in Christ.

But, I will also say that no women should dress in a way to sexually tempt a man either. Both male and females have to keep the sexual realm in a godly balance. Sex is good when it is thought and done in God's way.

maybe they don't know that. Maybe they think they are merely being fashionable. Maybe she does have bad intentions, so what. My point is that the guy in question should learn to deal. Truth is, we don't know how she was actually dressed. If she were dressed as is acceptable in our society I don't think it's cool for the guy referenced in the OP to complain.

Now there is a word and a line that are pet peeves of mind. The word fashionable, the line "..acceptable in society..", these are things of worldly matters, and at times could be created by satan. If the fashion of the time were to be naked in public and it were acceptable by society, would that make it okay? (I don't think so)

OneWithGod, congratulations on breaking those chains.

Oldzimm

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,338
  • Content Per Day:  7.99
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Enoob, salt and grace go hand in hand, if we are to be the salt of the Earth. If I've come across like I was throwing salt in a wound, that was not my intention. Maybe I was just trying to get a smile or chuckle out of you, for a smile and a chuckle get more mileage than a frown.

It was a complement OZ... Love, Steven