IGNORED

What do you think about breastfeeding? Cover or no cover?

GoldenEagle

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,116
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Candice, I don't think that would take much practice.........  ....    

as for kids, it's nature and they shouldn't think it's a big deal........   making a big deal out of it just adds to what some here seem to be worried about

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Candice, I don't think that would take much practice......... ....

as for kids, it's nature and they shouldn't think it's a big deal........ making a big deal out of it just adds to what some here seem to be worried about

lol

spoken by a man. Ever tried to do it?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I have been following this subject and in my opinion I  find that breast feeding in pulbic is offinsive to me as does my wife. I do not change my morales just because somebody says that it's okay by mans law. And no where in my comment did I mention sin. The Law in Caif. just passed that girls and boys can use what ever rest room they feel like while attending school. Do I believe that this is right just because of the law? No. Do I apporve of it? No. This is my last comment on this subject I hope. cheers everyone..lol

Edited by chance

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

Regarding varying positions I think Neb had a good illustration of what we do...

I. Two Strong Tendencies that Nullify Grace

Along this train of thought -

There was a song that came out back in the 70's: "And they'll know we are Christians by our love."

I've often marveled, though, at how this principle never seemed to manifest itself in the Body of Christ.

Rather, it has seemed:  "And they'll know we are Christians by our obsession with sin."

It's like a problem I have. For some reason, I got into the habit of pinching the zits on my face. It turned into an addiction where I feel better from squeezing oil out of my face. So I look for zits and blackheads and any potential pocket of oil to squeeze out. So what that it damages my face, I'm getting the nasty oil out!

This seems to be what we are like as the body of Christ. We don't see the beauty of the face, we see the nasty zits and we look close up for the nasty oil because it feels so good to eliminate it. And then we believe that eliminating the oil is love, even though it leaves behind wounds and swollen tissue, rather than believing love is covering over the zit or treat it in a way that brings healing in its own time and way.

:31:

Candice, I don't think that would take much practice......... ....

as for kids, it's nature and they shouldn't think it's a big deal........ making a big deal out of it just adds to what some here seem to be worried about

lol

spoken by a man. Ever tried to do it?

obviously not.  guess i really haven't paid that much attention.  bare breasts have always been more of an engineering marvel to me than anything else.....  I'm just the engineer type

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

On the positive side we have discussed a particularly difficult subject (apparently) and many have at least tried to understand the other person's perspective - even if we all don't agree. There's been some heated moments, misunderstandings, hopefully some learning, frustrations, apologies, forgiveness, grace extended to those with a different perspective, all kinds of great stuff.

I never thought we'd have so many posts on a subject. This is the 346th post. There have been at least 30 participants in the thread and 1800+ views.

I started a thread about the same time on God's grace and in Nobody responded for several days. Have had maybe 5 responses or so. (And I do appreciate those who took the time to consider the thread.) What does that say? I'm not sure. But I do find it interesting.

Some good discussions have been spun off this thread too...

God bless,

GE

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I started a thread about the same time on God's grace and in Nobody responded for several days. Have had maybe 5 responses or so. (And I do appreciate those who took the time to consider the thread.) What does that say? I'm not sure. But I do find it interesting.

It says that people gravitate towards conflict.

On the positive side we have discussed a particularly difficult subject (apparently) and many have at least tried to understand the other person's perspective - even if we all don't agree. There's been some heated moments, misunderstandings, hopefully some learning, frustrations, apologies, forgiveness, grace extended to those with a different perspective, all kinds of great stuff.

I never thought we'd have so many posts on a subject. This is the 346th post. There have been at least 30 participants in the thread and 1800+ views.

God bless,

GE

Well. I can only speak for myself, but that thread seemed to bring out complex thoughts and being one handed for a while, i am tending not to get involved in long post discussions.  Typing with one finger draws a very heavy vacuum.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

God bless,

GE

I know this topic is close to your heart GE . :mgcheerful:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/17/1975

Interesting thing happen to me today. I have been posting a lot a breastfeeding thread, and after speaking with someone about what happened today. I decided it would be best to post this in both threads.

I've spoken out very hard against women not using covers when breastfeeding. Well, today I took my kids on a trip for the day to the museum of life and science in Durham, NC.  When we where there, we were looking at a weather exhibit. Beside the exhibit was a small padded bench. When we walked in a went to the exhibit, my kids and nephew kept going around the exhibit. I noticed the first time I passed the woman she was holding a small child against herself. The child was about 18-24 months old. Maybe, just maybe 12-18 months. Anyways, as I passed the woman the first time she looked up at me and I just gave a quick smile and went back to watching my kids. 3 kids is a handful in a room full of people. Well, I said we went around the exhibit 3 times. The 3rd time around, I realized the woman was not holding the child. She was breastfeeding the child. I didn't see an inch of flesh. She was using no cover. I know my kids didn't notice because they would have said something, or asked me about it. Nobody noticed anything.

While I said in my posts many times, that breastfeeding was ok as long as it was done modestly. I was pretty harsh about using a cover. God reminded me today, that I don't know everything. I apologize to everyone for my words and attitude.

God Bless you all

Firestormx

Joseph