IGNORED

Unbelievable percentage of people addicted to smartphones....

MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I found this article to be right on.  I'm one of those who are increasingly annoyed by being around 'zombies' who can't connect with anything that isn't on their screen.  My own kids do this.....at the table, at work or wherever.  Personally, I think people who can't even PUT THEIR PHONE DOWN look stupid.  Thoughts? 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/16/smartphone-addiction-time-survey_n_1791790.html

haven't read the article yet, but i agree! the whole definition of multi-tasking has now boiled down to being able to walk and text at the same time. i can't even watch a movie with my daughter anymore without threatening to turn the tv off if she doesn't turn her phone off. probably the most ridiculous thing i can remember though, was a few years ago. i gave my friend's daughter a ride to her cheerleading fund raiser... a fireworks stand. i pull up in front of the stand to drop her off, and ask her what time i should pick her up. instead of opening the car door, walking ten feet and asking, she sat there in my car and sent a text message to someone inside the stand to find out. ARRRRRRRGH!

Guest AFlameOfFire

Yeah says our sister with um... 31,255 posts laughinsmilie.gif

Wonders where these kids are learning this stuff? Asmiliethinking.gif laughinsmilie.gif

Just yanking your chain sis, Im online a lot myself but I know what you mean, everyone is looking at a screen, TV screen, phone screen, or computer screen

Talking to everyone else viannen_111.gif except those in the room around us lol

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  631
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2

lol

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

I totally agree.Most everyone you pass is talking on their phone.Unfortunately alot of people in their cars are on their cell phones(it is against the law in my state).What would these people do without their cell phones for a couple of days?It would not be pretty.I totally agree that it is an addiction.I thought it was pretty funny when I saw a big banner going across the street a while back that said "Put down your phone and drive". :thumbsup:

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

Wonders where these kids are learning this stuff? Asmiliethinking.gif laughinsmilie.gif

Just yanking your chain sis, Im online a lot myself but I know what you mean, everyone is looking at a screen, TV screen, phone screen, or computer screen

I am thinking that being on a computer a couple of times a day is alot different than having a cell phone plastered to ones face most of the time.I also think that their is an addiction to computers.I need to really watch how much I am on it.Especially this website :mgcheerful:

Website on computer addiction:

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/internet_cybersex_addiction.htm

Guest AFlameOfFire

I am thinking that being on a computer a couple of times a day is alot different than having a cell phone plastered to ones face most of the time.I also think that their is an addiction to computers.I need to really watch how much I am on it.Especially this website :mgcheerful:

Website on computer addiction:

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/internet_cybersex_addiction.htm

There are good addictions

1Cr 6:15 I beseech you, brethren, (ye know the house of Stephanas, that it is the firstfruits of Achaia, and that they have addicted themselves to the ministry of the saints)

smilie_girl_286.gif

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,234
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I use my smart phone for a lot of things but I don't have problems when we are on vacation out in the boonies where there isn't any coverage...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,250
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

haven't read the article yet, but i agree! the whole definition of multi-tasking has now boiled down to being able to walk and text at the same time. i can't even watch a movie with my daughter anymore without threatening to turn the tv off if she doesn't turn her phone off. probably the most ridiculous thing i can remember though, was a few years ago. i gave my friend's daughter a ride to her cheerleading fund raiser... a fireworks stand. i pull up in front of the stand to drop her off, and ask her what time i should pick her up. instead of opening the car door, walking ten feet and asking, she sat there in my car and sent a text message to someone inside the stand to find out. ARRRRRRRGH!

I just saw a bumper sticker that said:

To err is human

To arrh is pirate

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I really, really hate my cell phone with a passion.

I have an older phone and my cell provider has begged me to sign another 2 year contract (it expired last year in November and I am on a month to month contract). 99% of the calls I get are someone wanting something from me, work wise (unavoidable), advice, or trying to sell me something. The 1% is the good stuff like wife and family.

I can phone and do sms's from it, and that is enough.

I have a friend who last year was driving with his daughter in the passenger seat and trying to talk to her. She was ignoring him and typing away on her phone. He took it out of her hands and threw it out the window of the moving vehicle. She doesn't do that anymore....