IGNORED

Should Christians participate in Halloween?

Hall7

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  631
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2

If a person has a conviction to not participate in Halloween, then by all means they should abstain.

Actually, I think the whole chapter of Romans 14, speaks to many of the questions regarding the issue, including the judgement that some who inevitable comment on the topic, might want to consider before commenting on the actions of others who feel they have, in their Christian liberty, the right to participate in the holiday. At the same time, those who choose to participate, might want to consider the topic of stumbling those beleivers who are weaker in their faith.

As the link says: Also, we need to teach our children that “the fight isn’t against occultists, non-Christians, Christians who feel differently than we about Halloween, or institutions that promote Halloween, but” “against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places” (Ephesians 6:12, NKJV).

It isn't my intent to appear as I am judging the ones who do participate in Halloween. I suppose a better way to put that question in perspective would be "Does participating in Halloween affect our spirits as a Christian", does God mind us participating? And I completely understand that children and most adults have no idea what it's about (as far as the spiritual realm goes), but "us" as Christians, does it matter to us or not? I'm curious of what people's point of view are on that and am by no means judging anyone.

The history of Halloween came from the Celtic culture, their purpose of dressing as ghosts on that day was to keep them from being harmed by ghosts (according to their beliefs), by dressing like a ghost they believed they would blend in with the ghosts and not appear as prey to them (Or something like that). Although, I've also heard that this day is also celebrated by some witchcraft sects and is a special day to them as well. So the whole idea of Halloween sounds very obscure to me, maybe some of you can enlighten me to think otherwise. Thank you...

http://www.henrymakow.com/halloween_celebrates_sex_and_d.html

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

I been waiting for this to come up being as it is Oct. I will just come out and say it and I am not going to get into a debate about it because I have already come to my own understanding of it.

Yes! Yes I do do Halloween. For the past 3 years I have dressed up as a wizard and gone trick or treating with my daughter. Last year she was Darth Vader. Though she is the one who gets all the candy. I carve pumpkins and roast pumpkin seeds. I have a great time with it and have never worshiped the devil. I see Halloween as harmless fun, and make believe. End of story.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I choose to have nothing to do with it.  Our church has what they call a Harvest Festival.  We have booths set up all over the Gym and our people are dressed as Bible characters.  They tell children Bible stories and pass out candy.  Last year we  have over 2000 kids come and over a hundred made decisions for Christ.  

If a person has a conviction to not participate in Halloween, then by all means they should abstain.

Actually, I think the whole chapter of Romans 14, speaks to many of the questions regarding the issue, including the judgement that some who inevitable comment on the topic, might want to consider before commenting on the actions of others who feel they have, in their Christian liberty, the right to participate in the holiday. At the same time, those who choose to participate, might want to consider the topic of stumbling those beleivers who are weaker in their faith.

Well said. :thumbsup:  I've always been a fan of the balanced aproach to things like this. :)

For the record, I'm single, live in a gated apartment complex, and am normally at work or headed there in the evenings, so I ignore the whole thing.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  5

BlessedByTheBest solved It. Adios...  

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings to Everyone(on Halloween & everyday of the year!)

I am not a fan of Halloween for what it truly represents,the eve of all saints day....for every day the Christians celebrate, the dark side seems to have a counterpart....

I went trick or treating as a little girl(when everyone used to answer their doors & invite you inside),I took my son trick or treating(when you had to inspect the treats)  & now my son is getting ready to take my little 2yr old granddaughter trick or treating,dressed as a ladybug.........What do I think,I think they should have fun & we will teach her  that Jesus loves her & it is just a day to dress up........thats all

With love,in Christ-Kwik

Oh,and I do agree with everything that Hall said,and everyone that does not participate...perhaps I like my little ones to remain naive to the evil amongst us for as long as possible.....at least until they go to kindergarten and are not spending every second with a family member?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

considering many children will be sacrificed that night as with other satanic holy days I choose not to participate as my spirit is grieved and it seems inappropriate to celebrate. you can u-tube a generational satanist  who was converted to Christianity and hear his personal testimony of what he took part in on Halloween as a child of a satan worshiping family 

I know its hard for some Christians to actually believe real families actually sacrifice children in blood sacrifices and other horrific occult practices but its been going on since the beginning of time, from old testament days all the way up till now, Its in the bible, and Jesus Himself backs there is a synagogue (church) of satan that existed in his day 

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

I choose to have nothing to do with it.  Our church has what they call a Harvest Festival.  We have booths set up all over the Gym and our people are dressed as Bible characters.  They tell children Bible stories and pass out candy.  Last year we  have over 2000 kids come and over a hundred made decisions for Christ.

We do the same thing, Rusty. Our pastor says he is not about to even give one day to satan. We are asked to provide the biggest and best candy bars for the harvest festival. They usually dunk one of the pastors in a barrell of water, and they used to even bob for apples. They have games, Christian movies, spread the Gospel and reach out to the neighborhoods around the church. Many from other churches come, but even cult members look forward to sending their kids to our party. We also have thousands that attend.

At home we do turn off the porch lights, which we usually leave on, as well as most house lights; and if people still come to the door we tell them that we encourage people to attend church parties or even go to our local shopping mall which passes out candy, because we don't think going door to door is safe. When our own kids were doing it in the 70s, people had injected something into the candy with a syringe. My hubby ate it and said it tasted like soap. But we don't know what might be in the candy people give door to door. At that time the hospitals allowed candy to be X rayed because people had been putting razor blades in candy bars and candied apples. So we discourage door to door trick or treating.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I used to ask myself this same question. Then I looked into the origins of Halloween. I do not like the holiday at all. Then, if we are to look at a bit of today's holidays not too many of their origins are exactly...pure. Is it wrong to celebrate it? I cannot speak with full certainty. My folks brought me up with a single rule for Hallow's Eve. That rule was: No one could dress up as anything evil. So basically no witches, zombies, monsters, devils, etc. 

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  5

Best answer was by BlessedBytheBest link:   http://www.henrymako..._sex_and_d.html