• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I think we've all, or almost all, forgotten how often the Bible and Jesus said we must obey God. I've been a Christian a long time, but this realization only sunk in to me in the last 10 - 15 years. I know the churches aren't teaching it, and I went along with it many years. But then I started to read just the parables of Jesus, and then what He said to the 7 churches in Revelation. I could only come to one conclusion. We must obey God. We all say we love Jesus. But Jesus said, the person who loves Him is the person who DOES the will of His Father. And then it took me a few more years to start to put that new revelation into effect in my life. And I still mess up. But now I'm at least trying to obey God. And then I realized this. You should obey God because you know His ways are right and our ways are wrong. In other words, it's best to obey God because you love His ways. That was what Jesus hoped for. But if you can't obey God out of love, then it's better to obey Him out of fear, than not at all. But He would prefer it if we obey Him out of love.