IGNORED

Question: Is the time of your death set in stone?

Angel12011985

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

Hello Angel, and welcome to Worthy.

I would think in God's eye it is.  For we are told in Ecclesiastes 3:2 there is a time to die.  And accept for those who will see Jesus at His Second Coming we all are appointed to died. So if we are fortunate enough to see Jesus at His Second Coming no are deaths are not written in stone.  But if not:   And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.     Hebrews 9:27

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,253
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

GOD does not exsist in time he is eternal.

As far as your birth and death dates being written in stone, I tend not to agree. IMO if GOD does not exsist in time Kronos, but in eternity Kiros, then your birth and death is more event driven as opose to time driven. 

Scripture states that one day is like a thousand years to GOD. So he knows when you are going to enter and leave the world, but an actual date maybe important to us but to him its a done deal regardless.

God's omniscience and omnipresense is mind boggeling. It is hard to grasp the He is the I AM. HE is always NOW. To Him, taking part in the creation at the same moment as He is with us now and at the same time at the time of our death or at the end of the world are all concurrent. To us He forsees and pre ordains. To Him He sees everything in the present tense. He is timeless. We cannot change what is. Once again I can't fully understand what I am talking about because my mind cannot fully grasp the concept of God. I can only know Him because He chose to reveal His nature to us in Jesus, and the Holy Spirit reveals to Christians that He is our Daddy.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Here is a question my preacher has been asking us and having us study so I want your opinion also. Is the time of your death set in stone or do you believe it could change?

would it be too far fetched to say that God can look into the future and see what will happen?   your death isn't set in stone, but God knows when it will be.

I was reading through the posts with the intent of answering the same way.

God knew before you were born when you would be born. He also knows the day you will die (or in His perspective, died, if you see what I mean).

Because as I have said before, the only thing I can come up with to explain it is that...

"God knows the history of your future"

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Here is a question my preacher has been asking us and having us study so I want your opinion also. Is the time of your death set in stone or do you believe it could change?

would it be too far fetched to say that God can look into the future and see what will happen?   your death isn't set in stone, but God knows when it will be.

God knew before you were born when you would be born. He also knows the day you will die (or in His perspective, died, if you see what I mean).

Because as I have said before, the only thing I can come up with to explain it is that...

according to "M" String physics, if He exists in the upper two dimensions there really isn't eternity as we would understand it here, there literally is no time....   more to the thought that it is all time at any single instant.  literally no time flow at all.

it took me a year to get my head around how that might work and how the father sees all time past, present and future all at the same time, and the very theoretical physics that so many elite promote just made what we have been saying about our God realistic.  of course this is still theory, but I find it fascinating that I can listen to people like Steven Hawkins talk about physics that explains how God would exist and tell us at the same time there is no God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

Yes! :mgcheerful:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think it is set in stone due to the fact that we have free will but God knows the moment it will be

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

seems Hezekiah was able to lengthen his life by 15 yrs, through prayer and supplication, personally we see God never changes, but scripturally we see he has relented and changed his mind for the course of future for quite a few people both in both life and death

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

seems Hezekiah was able to lengthen his life by 15 yrs, through prayer and supplication, personally we see God never changes, but scripturally we see he has relented and changed his mind for the course of future for quite a few people both in both life and death

Interesting point....Can prayer change GODs decision?

I don't think so, but I'm open to some scriptual support to the contrary. Based on the verse above, it dosen;t seem like he changed his mind, he just pushed the end date out. Again from GODs perspective 15 yrs is not much, if GOD says a day is like a thousand years for him.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  616
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  3

Interesting point....Can prayer change GODs decision?

I don't think so, but I'm open to some scriptual support to the contrary. Based on the verse above, it dosen;t seem like he changed his mind, he just pushed the end date out. Again from GODs perspective 15 yrs is not much, if GOD says a day is like a thousand years for him.

Jeremiah 18:7-10 God most certainly will change His plans. this is all through the bible,

1 Kings 21:28

2 Kings 20:1-6

Isaiah 38:5

Amos 7:3-6

Jonah 3:10

Joel 2:13

Exodus 32:14

1 Samuel 2:30 even God's promise can be changed if people make it so detestable to keep them in a promised position such as the priesthood promised to Aaron and his descendent Eli

America thinks God will overlook the great sins she commits but she is about to be judged

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

The scripture does not state that GOD decided to kill Hezekiah, and later changed his mind based on Hezekiah's prayer, but instead provided Hezekiah with a forewarning that he should get his house in order since he was not going to recover from his sickness and die.

Hezekiah prayed and asked for GOD's help and GOD stepped in an helped him. I'm don't see this scripture supporting prayer changes GOD's mind since he did not intend to Kill Hezekiah from the start.