• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Pro1728

I have no idea what you are talking about as far as people throwing Bibles at other peoples heads,& I don't think you are "killing" this thread or any other thread because your opinion may differ from the majority,that's what it's all about,,,,,,,different personalities .This is the best place to voice your opinion without the worry that you will be loved any less,,,,,,we are Gods Family here,united by our Faith in our Lord & Savior,,,,,if there is anything we can do,as a Family,to re-assure a Brother or a Sister that they are loved then that is what we do........I started this thread to make some aware of something they may not be aware of ,to schare with everyone that what may not be important to some can be important to others & to simply "consider" these things.......you opinion is just as important as anyone else's.........

Welcome to Worthy,you don't have anything to be paranoid about here,,,,,,,,,you ,are loved by Jesus & all of us,points or no points,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,To God be the Glory!                         With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,582
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  1

Jesus would have given her points!  

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  481
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959

Blessings Pro1728

I have no idea what you are talking about as far as people throwing Bibles at other peoples heads,& I don't think you are "killing" this thread or any other thread because your opinion may differ from the majority,that's what it's all about,,,,,,,different personalities .This is the best place to voice your opinion without the worry that you will be loved any less,,,,,,we are Gods Family here,united by our Faith in our Lord & Savior,,,,,if there is anything we can do,as a Family,to re-assure a Brother or a Sister that they are loved then that is what we do........I started this thread to make some aware of something they may not be aware of ,to schare with everyone that what may not be important to some can be important to others & to simply "consider" these things.......you opinion is just as important as anyone else's.........

Welcome to Worthy,you don't have anything to be paranoid about here,,,,,,,,,you ,are loved by Jesus & all of us,points or no points,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,To God be the Glory!                         With love-in Christ,Kwik

Jesus would have given her points!  

Amen to both of these...

Getting to know people is sometimes a challenge. It's even harder in this digital realm with the lack of body language to accent what is being said. And there no doubt may be discrepancies in this or that, such as reputation points, etc.. But when you succeed in knowing someone, it becomes more about the "unsaid" than the said. The relationships I enjoy the most are with those people that can somehow know my heart DESPITE what comes out of my mouth. It can be complicated... but it can also be very simple.

I think people for the most part need to just give everything time when it comes to developing friendships... and just.. be yourself. Whoever the "real you" is, just be that. To me, personal friendship isn't possible unless there is honesty. 1 real friend is worth far more than a thousand acquaintances wearing masks.

That reputation indicator is no indication of relational status. It's something people click on when you have said something that matches their own point of view, or it's a post you really enjoyed and appreciate the fact someone brought it forth. You don't have to be a real "friend" to click the "reputation" indicator.

That said, people will find all sorts of reasons to think more highly of themselves than they should. Each and every one of us wrestle with that because it's simply a part of this fallen flesh that we all must contend with. But what you'll find is, in people where the Holy Spirit resides, those people can take those things captive and consciously overcome the nature. I see a whole lot of that among the Christians here at worthy... as well as in real life.

We all have flaws and are less than perfect. To anyone struggling with "fitting in", Jesus already made sure of that. You do fit in. As far as friendships with others? Give it some time and maybe even some extra effort? But you don't have to blow yourself out or self-condemn to the point of defeat or withdrawal. Just be yourself. Just be your real self, sharing your strengths as well as your weaknesses. It'll pan out. It always does.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Well said Brother!     Amen,Praise Jesus!                            With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  508
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/09/1985

I take part on this site because I have many friends here, and enjoy fellowship with other believers from around the world, we all have different views on things. I only realized that up scoring a post had anything to do with reputation points a few days ago. I up score posts if I particularly agree with the points made in them, this is not a personal thing, to me t is like liking something on Facebook, I am not going to defriend people because they don't like my latest status update, and I am not going to leave a forum because I don't get reputation marks. I am sorry someone left because they took the lack of reputation points personally. I know the origional post saw a few years ago, but hope that no one else takes the reputation thing personally.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  165
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

What's sad, is that we are in world where we judge our own worth by "likes" on FB and the reputation points. I will say though, odd they couldn't get points considering some can get like 10 points for just saying hi in the new members threads. I digress.

But ask yourself, how many times have posted a pic on FB and checked back numerous times to see how many likes it got. Or, posted a topic on here and checked back to see if people liked it. That being said, we should not be measuring our self worth based on what others think. Jesus is the only one who should be able to measure you. He is the only one who should matter. If you continue to let others on this earth measure you, then you will continue to be disappointed.

Proof

• 10 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

What's sad, is that we are in world where we judge our own worth by "likes" on FB and the reputation points. I will say though, odd they couldn't get points considering some can get like 10 points for just saying hi in the new members threads. I digress.

But ask yourself, how many times have posted a pic on FB and checked back numerous times to see how many likes it got. Or, posted a topic on here and checked back to see if people liked it. That being said, we should not be measuring our self worth based on what others think. Jesus is the only one who should be able to measure you. He is the only one who should matter. If you continue to let others on this earth measure you, then you will continue to be disappointed.

Proof

I'm sorry I didn't see this post sooner. It reflects what I have felt all along - ever since I returned to Worthy and noticed this. It seems a person can jot down a one-word post and gain points. Strange. It begin to wonder if that person is genuine or if it's a strategy to gain more points. I am so turned off by this whole idea.

If you wanna go secular - then by all means, compete with FB or Google and do plusses. I think the whole thing is really a popularity contest and pays homage to the points gods. I despise is and hope they just take all mine away frankly because I am not interested in this foolish practice of self-ingratiating oneself.

I figure I'll make even more enemies if I oppose this which works for me. I'm so tired of the Church *feeding itself* constanttly and turning a blind eye to a  lost and dying world.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  603
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

I don't know, I like the like button.  It is an easy, quick way to encourage someone without having to get into the discussion.  I do like that they have been made anonymous now.  I think that is better because then it can get a little clicky if people know that certain people like so and so posts, not that people are keeping track of it. I am just making an example for why I like the anonymity aspect.  

Sometimes, it is nice to see that you are not completely alone when sometimes it may feel that way in a discussion.  And the leader board is probably associated with the people making the most posts during a certain time frame because it would appear that FresnoJoe has made it his personal responsibility to like most everything posted on the board so everyone here will feel encouraged.  So the people who made the most posts end up with the most likes sometimes.  I think it is nice.  It doesn't bother me.

It also seems that some people don't have as many likes compared to posts if they have been here from before the time the feature was included on the forum.  You know, I think it is really pretty easy to form a practical opinion for the like feature here at the forum and I personally like having it.  

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 4/9/2016 at 4:40 PM, Catsmeow said:

I'm sorry I didn't see this post sooner. It reflects what I have felt all along - ever since I returned to Worthy and noticed this. It seems a person can jot down a one-word post and gain points. Strange.

:emot-heartbeat:

Beloved, Are Some Encouraged?

Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. 1 Thessalonians 5:11 (New International Version)

And Are Some Ignored?

Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins. Show hospitality to one another without grumbling. As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God’s varied grace: 1 Peter 4:8-10 (English Standard Version)

All Are Valued?

Anxiety in a person's heart weighs him down, but an encouraging word brings him joy. Proverbs 12:25 (NET Bible)

~

As I See Reputations
Flashing Out Love Greetings
On The Big World-Wide Worthy Ministry

Is there any encouragement from belonging to Christ? Any comfort from his love? Any fellowship together in the Spirit? Are your hearts tender and compassionate? Then make me truly happy by agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, loving one another, and working together with one mind and purpose.

Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.

You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had. Philippians 2:1-5 (New Living Translation)

~

Keep On
Keeping On
Post Early, Post Often
And Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.
Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Version)

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 10/18/2013 at 0:50 AM, kwikphilly said:

I would also like to ask all of you to say a special prayer for this member of our family
that they will come back to the fold
to feel loved and appreciated

:emot-heartbeat:

Praying~!