IGNORED

christians and non-believers with worry...

desi2007

The obvious answer to me Is that anyone's faith can waver under extreme conditions.  Ask Peter.  At the same time, who says Christians as a whole worry as much as unbelievers?  Has there been any survey done that shows that to be true?  I can't deny at times worrying about things, but without something concrete showing no difference between the world and Christians, I am not even sure this is true. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Show of hands:

Who here has not been worried over anything last year?

Show of hands:

The question is not whether or not we have worried over things in the last year.  The question is whether or not Christians worry as much as non-believers.  There is no question nearly everyone worries about something at times in their life.  Return to the first sentence of the OP. 

"Lets discuss why Christians are just as guilty with worry and anxiety as non-believers."  Who is to say they are? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Show of hands:

*raises hand*

just kidding. like anyone else I do worry. not as most as many though, it actually makes my wife really angry how easy going I am about a lot of things. shes like "arnt you worried about that?" (usually about finances) and im like, nope life goes on one way or another. lol. I do have my fair share though.

Lets discuss why christians are just as guilty with worry and anxiety as non-believers? any thoughts, care to share? I have my own thoughts on this but would like to see what others think.

Born again Christians never have to worry about going to hell.

Nonbelievers are unable to worry about it because they've already been deceived. (spiritually blinded)

If every nonbeliever knew in their heart they were headed to hell, there would be more Christians. (and probably that wouldn't even change their minds)

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

Why I worry?  The short answer is because I have a very over active imagination. It is both a talent and a curse. The long answer will take more time to explain which I can not do right now. Maybe later.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Show of hands:

The question is not whether or not we have worried over things in the last year.  The question is whether or not Christians worry as much as non-believers.  There is no question nearly everyone worries about something at times in their life.  Return to the first sentence of the OP.

I asked because some of the responses gave the impression that a real Christian never worries or that the person writing the post is above worry.

So, my question does relate to the OP. Check for logs in your own eye first, then respond.

"Lets discuss why christians are just as guilty with worry and anxiety as non-believers?"

Ask first, "Do I worry, have I worried?" If the answer is yes, then ask yourself, "Why do I worry?" Then answer the question presented.

I say, yes, I have worried. Do I overcome that worry by trusting in the Lord and surrendering the circumstances to Him? I make the effort, but I fail so, so very often.

If someone here can claim they likewise do not have this struggle, then please share your story with examples how you have become Teflon to worry.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  64
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1

Christians are human. Are child is in the hospital ill we are going to worry. But we should be able to have peace through anything, We should not stress the small stuff like what we ware, or when are next meal is. But if we do remember you are human and repent. We are always growing.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

oh wow...lol...this topic is going in all different directions than what I had hoped for it but i must say it does make for a good discussion.

First of all, thank you for those who have responded, and no I do not think I am above worry, infact far from it.

My answer to the question is.... we all get "busy" with life and sometimes crowd God out at times and by doing this can bring on worry and frustrations. As for being human, yes we are human and have feelings and concerns but God gave us His word and Jesus to tap in here with, does this set us apart from the non-believers?  When we stay connected to God, we find the peace even through the storms of life. I am learning as well on here as most of you are. This thought came across my mind and I wanted to share it openly to see if we have the same views.

blessings,

desi

Christians are human. Are child is in the hospital ill we are going to worry. But we should be able to have peace through anything, We should not stress the small stuff like what we ware, or when are next meal is. But if we do remember you are human and repent. We are always growing.

Unfortunately, most of us do worry about things like that, in spite of the fact Jesus said not to.  The only thing this indicates to me is lack of faith.  There may be some people out there that never worry about anything, but I can't say I have come to that place yet.  It is certainly something to work on.