Enoch2021

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,033
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2

As of right now, this is scheduled to be Live Streamed for Free: http://debatelive.org/ Tuesday Feb 4, 7PM ET.

I am very much excited for this... it will be awesome to see the Glory God will bring to Himself in this :thumbsup:

I wish I had your confidence about who will get the most glory after this debate-God or satan. Personally, I think public opinion will strongly favor the science guy and the Christian will come out looking silly.

We shall see.

I don't see why people think that Bily Nye is going to have such an easy go at it in this debate.   Billy Nye is not a Biologist. He has no advanced degrees in any of life sciences, nor does he have a degree in Physics, Geology, Astronomy, Astrophysics, or whatever.

Bill Nye has  a bachelor's degree in science in the field of mechanical engineering.    He has some honorary doctrates in the same field. He  was a mechanical engineer at Boeing, but he is not really a "science guy."   Nye's portfolio isn't really all that impressive.  Critics of Ken Ham think that Nye is going to wipe the floor with him, but based on educational background alone, Ham has actually clocked in more hours with actual life sciences and physical sciences than Nye.

I am a critic of Ken Ham and I think just the opposite, Ken Ham is a professional debater, Nye is a performer but debates are totally different.   Debates are not won on substance, they are won on style.   Ham has a Bachelors in Applied Science, all his other degrees are honorary.  He has never worked in any field of science, unless you consider AIG to be a filed of science. 

Guest shiloh357

"Debates are not won on substance."    LOL   Yeah that'll be the convenient "explanation" given if Ham actually ends up  scoring more points in the debate than Nye does.  That way folks won't have to grapple with the real implications staring them in the face if Ham wins the debate.

There is nothing revolutionary or even questionable about that statement, it is a fact of debating. Flair and drama can win the day over substance, that is debating 101. Debating 102 is the key to winning a debate is to knock down the other guy more so than to support your view. Seems of all people, with your debating skills would know this.

Guest shiloh357

There is nothing revolutionary or even questionable about that statement, it is a fact of debating. Flair and drama can win the day over substance, that is debating 101. Debating 102 is the key to winning a debate is to knock down the other guy more so than to support your view. Seems of all people, with your debating skills would know this.

If Nye wins the debate it will trotted out as proof that Creationists don't know anything about science and are scientically illitereate.   If Ham wins, it will be explained away as Ham simply having a better debate style.   Let's at least try to be honest.

If Nye wins the debate it will trotted out as proof that Creationists don't know anything about science and are scientically illitereate.   If Ham wins, it will be explained away as Ham simply having a better debate style.   Let's at least try to be honest.

If Nye wins the debate those that agree with him will trot it out as proof that Creationists don't know anything about science and are scientifically illiterate and those that disagree with him will say it was all based on style.  If Ham wins the debate those that agree with him will trot it out as proof that Creationists do know a lot about science and those that disagree with him will say it was all based on style.  That is the nature of debates.

I think this one will not be "won" by either, on the surface both are charismatic and used to playing to an audience, though Nye's experience is a bit different.  Despite your earlier comments it seems they are equals in the education department so that will not really play a roll in this.   In the end you will likely have both sides calming victory with neither being a clear winner.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

My prediction:

Both sides will walk away claiming victory.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,154
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

My prediction only one will for all eternity...

My prediction only one will for all eternity...

I certainly hope you are incorrect.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,154
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I assure you I am correct:

When you take God's Word as His Word alone and let that Word define Itself - then produce it

in living form by placing the whole weight of your being upon it= you have only done spiritually

what God did first in instruction to us through creation spiritually >He In His Spirit Spoke it all

into being< in six literal evening and morning days. 24 hour periods illuminated by this Word

within His Word-

Gen 1:14

14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day

from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

KJV

Reiterated in Exodus specific

Ex 20:11

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea,

and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day:

wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

KJV

In fact this word for day used in the Hebrew tongue reverberates throughout the OT as

a 24 hour period 1276 times defining epochs of understanding important within that meter

of time! In a very critical sense in Daniel to the day when The Christ entered into Jerusalem!

As this is the meter on that day Ken Ham will defend this meter of time by the literal sense

of God's Word Itself by God's Word. How do I know I am eternally right in this?

Matt 24:35

35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

KJV

Love, Steven

Then you hold out no hope of a change of heart by one of them. Hopefully one with a more hopeful outlook will be able to each the individual in question. There is always hope as long as he is still on this earth