IGNORED

The Gospel for a Gay Friend

Guest shiloh357

I don't think you can be a gay Christian but isn't God forgiving?

only if you stop the action that he would forgive you for.

But then technically, that's not an all loving God. I thought that God forgave even if you still repeated the same mistake over and over again.

Well first of all,   God is NOT all loving.  The Bible never claims God to be all-loving.   There are things that God hates and the homosexual lifestyle is one of those things.

Secondly,  God does forgive, but to appropriate God's forgiveness, we must truly repent.   Nowhere in the Bible is any provision made for thinking that you can live in sin, go to Gdo for forgiveness, fully expecting to continue living the same sin over and over. If you continue to live in sin, there is non genuine repetnance, and  God does not honor insincere repentance. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,090
  • Content Per Day:  4.66
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings to Everyone...

Praise God,yes indeed God is an ALL forgiving God & that is why He did not spare His Only Begotten Son & gives freely His unmerited & undeserved Grace to any despicable,filthy rag of a sinner Who comes to the foot of the cross confessing that Jesus is their Lord & Savior..........what does it mean to CONFESS that Jesus is Lord & Savior?It means surrender,it means submitting to His Lordship without reservation........by  relinquishing our own will to that of our Lord of lords & commitment to Christ is when we receive the Holy Spirit,then we become a new creature in Christ Jesus.....not because we decide to change,or try or work at it or do better....if we could do all those things then we would have been able to live under the law & there would have been no need for a Savior

A repentant heart,the desire to change.....to know what we are,to know we cannot save ourselves,ask forgiveness,to know we NEED Jesus(Matt 16:25) To save your life you must give it........Why is that gate so narrow & few will find it?Because it is so simple as saying a few words?Of course not but it is so simple as surrendering

A person that lives in sin,a sinful life ,has not committed to Christ ..........if they had ,the conviction in their heart would never allow them to continue in sin.............there is sin that does not lead to death,this is the person that is convicted & is willing to submit to Christ & is that work in progress....there is something they are not willing to forsake, perhaps even unknowingly....maybe they have a resentment,their flesh is warring with the spirit........But to choose to remain as a homosexual & live the liftestyle with no intention of yielding to Christ?That person is the same as the serial killer that keeps killing or the liar that keeps deceiving or anyone that wants to be their own god & play by their own rules.......it just does not work that way....................God bless everyone who is is struggling to commit to Christ,let us pray for them,in Jesus Name

With love,in Christ-Kwik

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,768
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  270

I don't think you can be a gay Christian but isn't God forgiving?

only if you stop the action that he would forgive you for.

But then technically, that's not an all loving God. I thought that God forgave even if you still repeated the same mistake over and over again.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

In my sabbath school class this quarter we are studying discipleship and this week we are focusing on Jesus and the social outcasts.  This list included the homeless, the publicans, those with leprosy, the woman at the well(samaritan), the woman caught in the act of adultry, etc.  I think we could include homosexuals in this category.  When we looked at the way Jesus related to them, he didn't condemn the sinner nor did he excuse the sin.  How can we as his followers demonstrate that same love because to call someone's sin out is easy...but you don't want to lose them.  Relationships are important and I think if you establish a friendship with someone who is a homosexual, they would be more accepting of the truth of their sin and not feel judged.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

What I don't get is the evangelical/fundamentalist obsession over homosexuality, and sex in general. Homosexuality is mentioned what, twice, maybe three times in the Bible? And why are you following the Leviticus scripture that calls it an abomination, when most of is eat meat, shrimp and don't have anymore animal sacrifices? When Christ said He fulfilled the law, he meant all of it. I feel like the church should move into the direction of being concerned mostly about the social outcasts, the poor finically and stop all of,this hate towards homosexuals. What you are saying to them is not love, it is hate. Do not be scared of them because they are different. Love them for who they are. Or, as I like to say 'love a person because he is different than yourself, not because he is the same.'

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  02/27/1984

The gospel is the same for every sinner the same as it is for the homosexual (also a sinner).  Yes, God forgives us of our sins, but we must repent of our sins and walk away from them.  Does He forgive a sin that someone doesn't repent of?  And in fact, wants to glorify their sin and make it a normal part of society?  I don't think so.  Like with every sin, we must recognize the sin and repent of it.

What I don't get is the evangelical/fundamentalist obsession over homosexuality, and sex in general. Homosexuality is mentioned what, twice, maybe three times in the Bible? And why are you following the Leviticus scripture that calls it an abomination, when most of is eat meat, shrimp and don't have anymore animal sacrifices? When Christ said He fulfilled the law, he meant all of it. I feel like the church should move into the direction of being concerned mostly about the social outcasts, the poor finically and stop all of,this hate towards homosexuals. What you are saying to them is not love, it is hate. Do not be scared of them because they are different. Love them for who they are. Or, as I like to say 'love a person because he is different than yourself, not because he is the same.'

Why is it hatred to say something is a sin?  Am I screaming at the top of my lungs saying, "I Hate you!  You're going to hell!"  No.  If you saw me sin, you would hopefully say something to me about it.  But homosexuality is different.  We want to normalize it.  You say it's not love, but I think trying to warn someone out sin is love.  Ignoring the problem and letting them burn in hell for their sins is not love.  Jesus told the woman at the well who had sex with five different men to stop sinning.  Was that not love?  Or was He shelling out hate?  The problem is people like you who say that every time we mention homosexuality in a negative light is hatred and bigotry.  I didn't make the rules and say it's an abomination.  God did.  So why are you shooting the messenger? 

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Why is it hatred to say something is a sin?  Am I screaming at the top of my lungs saying, "I Hate you!  You're going to hell!"  No.  If you saw me sin, you would hopefully say something to me about it.  But homosexuality is different.  We want to normalize it.  You say it's not love, but I think trying to warn someone out sin is love.  Ignoring the problem and letting them burn in hell for their sins is not love.  Jesus told the woman at the well who had sex with five different men to stop sinning.  Was that not love?  Or was He shelling out hate?  The problem is people like you who say that every time we mention homosexuality in a negative light is hatred and bigotry.  I didn't make the rules and say it's an abomination.  God did.  So why are you shooting the messenger?

While yes, if I saw you sinning, I'd set you straight, but I do not believe that homosexuality is a sin. It becomes a sin when people of the same sex have sex. Though my main problem is seeing how much strife and suffering that the gay community goes through, more often than not at the hands of us Christians.

Guest shiloh357

What I don't get is the evangelical/fundamentalist obsession over homosexuality, and sex in general. Homosexuality is mentioned what, twice, maybe three times in the Bible?

We are not "obssessed" with it.   The problem is that it is being shoved down our throats on TV and in our kids' schools and we are told that we are to accept it as normal and good.   

The Bible mentions it more times that just two three times in the Bible and it is called an abomination.  How many times does a sin have to be mentioned for it to be a real sin?? 

The Bible doens't mention child molestation at all.  It doesn't mention spousal abuse.   Jesus never condemns rape.   Should those things be okay in your eyes???   Sorry, but your logic doesn't hold up..

And why are you following the Leviticus scripture that calls it an abomination, when most of is eat meat, shrimp and don't have anymore animal sacrifices?

You don't know your Bible.  The words in Hebrew are different words.  The word translated "abomination" in reference to forbidden animals is sheqets and refers to ritually impure.  The word connected to homosexuality is toeivah and refers to what God considers disgusting.

When Christ said He fulfilled the law, he meant all of it.

Yes, but the word that Jesus used in reference to fulfill, means, "to bring to fuller expression."   Jesus is the personification of the law, the ebodiment of it.  He is not the termination of the law.  Jesus augments, amplifies God's commandments and Jesus upheld traditional marriage bewtween a man and a woman in the Gospels. 

I feel like the church should move into the direction of being concerned mostly about the social outcasts, the poor finically and stop all of,this hate towards homosexuals.

We don't hate homosexuals.  We hate what they are doing and we hate the fact that they will go to hell.   We are exposing them to the truth of the Gospel, which is the most loving thing we can do.  We are trying to point them to Jesus.  People like you are a liability to gay people.  You would let them wallow in their sin because it is the socially liberal thing to do.  

You are like a person who sees a house on fire in the middle of the night and doesn't do anything to wake up the family inside so they can escape.   You would let the homosexuals slike down a greased pole straight into hell because you "respect" them to much to tell them the truth.

What you are saying to them is not love, it is hate. Do not be scared of them because they are different. Love them for who they are. Or, as I like to say 'love a person because he is different than yourself, not because he is the same.'

Letting them die without  hearing about Jesus and their need to turn from sin is the ultimate act of hate and that is where you stand.

What strife are we causing?  We are trying not to normalize something that's a sin.  And yes, it's considered a sin and an abomination in both the Old and New Testaments.  You'd set me straight if you saw me sinning, but not a homosexual?  We should constantly be at war with all sin in the world and with the enemy who tries to sucker people into buying his lies that it's okay.  Sins are born in our hearts...not just when they're carried out.  The person who lusts after a married person has already committed adultery even if there was no act of adultery.