• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  304
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,094
  • Content Per Day:  4.65
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Remnantrob

Sorry I had to run off but anyway as i was saying I do hold to the literal translation and I think (I had an emergency in the middle of posting earlier)     tht I did say that the woman is Mary ,Jesus mother..........

I read other ones post & I read "the Star of Bethlehem".....it is an awesome book,quick read..........you would probably really enjoy it it is so interesting and presents alot of evidence to the Star ,,,,love it,he also made a DVD narrative which was great

With love in Christ-Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

Hello,

I was listening to a Q and A online and the topic of the identity of the woman in Revelation 12 came up?  Is she Mary or someone/something else since the book is mostly symbolic?  Bible texts for support please.  Gracias!

Rev 12 Woman is Israel. Rev 12:6 is also speaking of the seven year great tribulation.

Rev 12:4 His tail swept down a third of the stars of heaven and cast them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was about to give birth, so that when she bore her child he might devour it.

and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born; http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/gills-exposition-of-the-bible/revelation-12-4.html

just as the dragon Pharaoh lay in the midst of his rivers, in the river Nile, ( Ezekiel 29:3 ) ; to slay the male children of Israel as soon as born;

Rev 12:6 and the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, in which she is to be nourished for 1,260 days.

that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred [and] threescore days: http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/gills-exposition-of-the-bible/revelation-12-6.html

in allusion to the children of Israel in the wilderness, where they were fed with manna forty years; so the overcomers, or true Christians in the Pergamos church state, have hidden manna given them to eat,

Yes,the woman is Israel.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

Hello,

I was listening to a Q and A online and the topic of the identity of the woman in Revelation 12 came up?  Is she Mary or someone/something else since the book is mostly symbolic?  Bible texts for support please.  Gracias!

I believe prophecy is not like science, the best we can do is see what is most obvious, and I believe that approach to prophecy is consistently the most revealing.

I believe the woman is Israel because:

1) she gives birth to Jesus (that logically is most likely Mary or Israel)

2) she is protected during the 1260 days of the end-times (now we have to cancel Mary because Mary is not alive during the end-times)

3) she has twelve stars, and the sun and the moon , this matches the wording of Genesis 37 where Joseph describes the family that started the nation of Israel:

4) Us Christians are the offspring of the woman (12:17) which fits in with the Romans 11 concept of us being grated into Israel, we are part of Israel and come from Israel, her offspring.

Then he had another dream, and he told it to his brothers. “Listen,” he said, “I had another dream, and this time the sun and moon and eleven stars were bowing down to me.”     12 stars = 12 sons = 12 tribes of Israel    

Edited by ARGOSY

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

Blessings Remnantrob......

I don't know what Scripture vou want posted because you simply asked who the woman in Rev 12 is....it is the account  of Jesus birth & the woman is Mary & the serpent is lucifer who was cast out of heaven taking a third of the angels with him & so on......

With love,in Christ-Kwik

It sounded like Mary up until this point-

6The woman fled into the wilderness to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days.

That is why I see the woman representing Israel. Remember Joseph's dreams with the 12 stars bowing down to him? The 12 stars were the 12 tribes of Israel.

What do you think?

The woman is not Israel 

Hi Izzel,

Could you explain why it is not Israel?  Thank you.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

I edited my post above, to add a fourth point. Us believers are the woman's additional offspring, this speaks to me of the woman representing the 12 tribes of Israel, giving birth to Jesus, and Christianity being birthed from this act of bringing forth Jesus to the world. This concept is confirmed in Romans 11 where us Christians are grafted into Israel because of our faith, and so we too are the offspring of Israel.

Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to wage war against the rest of her offspring—those who keep God’s commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  514
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/07/1989

Jeremiah 6:2

King James Version (KJV)

I have likened the daughter of Zion to a comely and delicate woman.

Some say  the woman in revelation 12 is  Mary, the Mother of Christ and some say Israel, or some may say the Church.

I believe it is the church 

The church and the nation of Israel are separate 

I edited my post above, to add a fourth point. Us believers are the woman's additional offspring, this speaks to me of the woman representing the 12 tribes of Israel, giving birth to Jesus, and Christianity being birthed from this act of bringing forth Jesus to the world. This concept is confirmed in Romans 11 where us Christians are grafted into Israel because of our faith, and so we too are the offspring of Israel.

Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to wage war against the rest of her offspring—those who keep God’s commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus.

Was only Israel the nation  persecuted for the 42 months ?

Blessings Remnantrob......

I don't know what Scripture vou want posted because you simply asked who the woman in Rev 12 is....it is the account  of Jesus birth & the woman is Mary & the serpent is lucifer who was cast out of heaven taking a third of the angels with him & so on......

With love,in Christ-Kwik

It sounded like Mary up until this point-

6The woman fled into the wilderness to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days.

That is why I see the woman representing Israel. Remember Joseph's dreams with the 12 stars bowing down to him? The 12 stars were the 12 tribes of Israel.

What do you think?

The woman is not Israel 

Hi Izzel,

Could you explain why it is not Israel?  Thank you.

Why Israel is not the woman 

If Israel is the woman then her seed is solely Israelites not gentiles

Thus if the woman is  Israel and the 12 stars are the 12 tribes are Israel also  who really is Israel? Israel wears Israel :confused:

Also if many take Genesis 37 as the stars and transfer it to Revelation then everything should be tranferred 

Therefore I will like to know 

does this makes sense

The woman or Israel wears Israel 

And is clothed with its father and stand on it mother  :hmmm:  :confused:

Edited by Izzel