nebula

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

Simple fact is there are false teachers and false prophets out there and it pays to be cautious.

I agree 100%

I believe that if there are any modern prophets, they should only speak words from the Lord as He tells them too.

If they are in error at all in that, then are they truly prophets of God? 

The bible says 100% accurate or they are not from Him.

Too many disregard this and claim to be prophets of God when they are in error.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

The term prophecy(to speak forth God's words), as a gift may be an inspired sermon that produces fruit in peoples lives. I believe a lot of people have this gift, but that does not make them a prophet. I have yet to know of a true prophet of God today who claims to be one.. But Billy Graham might come close to actually being one. Corrie ten Boom also made a few predictions about America that have already come to pass that at the time seemed improbable, such as the rise of the occult. Neither persons claimed they were prophets that I know of.

I totally agree that signs and wonders are not to be used to authenticate that a person is from God. We are to be prepared for the coming deception and the deceiver of the the brethern.

Usually the true people of God by which miracles are done are totally in awe and know for a fact that they had very little to do with it. The miracles themselves give God glory and reveal His character. The repairing of a marriage demonstrates that God has ordained marriage and uses it to reveal His love for the church. On the other hand, providing gold fillings such as in the "Toronto Experience" does nothing to reveal God's character. In fact it seems materialistic. As said, the Bible shows no such miracle. It is certainly not a greater miracle than the salvation of souls according to God's value system of treasures in heaven. (I have heard people use the verse that "greater things than these shall you do" in defense of the changing teeth fillings to gold thing.) We have to evaluate these things with God's value system, not the world's.