• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

I am sorry that you take everything personally when I make a general statement with no one in particular in mind.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357

"By Implication" means, "If I can twist Shiloh's words to make him appear to say or mean something he never said, I can deflect attention away from my inability to substantively address his comments."  It's nothing but an attempt to assign values to me in the absence of your ability to make substantive responses to the actual text of comments.  It is the last, desperate tactics employed by people who are losing the debate.

Have you ever considered that after large numbers of people have told you they view what you are saying in a certain way that the problem might lie with your words and not with everyone else? 

No, its just one person feeding  off of another.  The problem is that if I had actually said such a thing, they could copy and paste where I said it or they could copy and paste where I implied it.   But they can't because I have never said or implied it.  One person lies, the others will swear to it.  It's a convenient accusation to make even if it isn't true.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,033
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2

"By Implication" means, "If I can twist Shiloh's words to make him appear to say or mean something he never said, I can deflect attention away from my inability to substantively address his comments."  It's nothing but an attempt to assign values to me in the absence of your ability to make substantive responses to the actual text of comments.  It is the last, desperate tactics employed by people who are losing the debate.

Have you ever considered that after large numbers of people have told you they view what you are saying in a certain way that the problem might lie with your words and not with everyone else? 

No, its just one person feeding  off of another.  The problem is that if I had actually said such a thing, they could copy and paste where I said it or they could copy and paste where I implied it.   But they can't because I have never said or implied it.  One person lies, the others will swear to it.  It's a convenient accusation to make even if it isn't true.

That is sort of what I thought you would say.  Now we are all just liars, we are moving up in the world, first we deny the word of God, now  we are liars.  I wonder what you will call us next? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Oh come now, you know it goes a bit deeper than that.  Go to some of the political threads and you find statements like "no true Christian would support that guy or this person".

That "you" here is a generalized subject, not directed at any person, the same as "and one will find."

And yes, the phrase "no true Christian would support" has popped up in there quite a bit. Example: "No true Christian would support a candidate who is pro-abortion." That phrase has most definitely been used more than once.

~

It Is More Likely The Problem Starts

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11

With Boat Loads Of Man's Words Verses The Clear Word Of God

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

But Than Again Some Expressions May Just Seem More Care Less Than Others

Yea, hath God said, Genesis 3:1(c )

And That's Why I Think It Does Not Take A Prophet To Predict Shiloh Will Become Bald Before His Time

I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 2 Timothy 4:1-4

~

Be Kind

And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 2 Timothy 2:24

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Just A Few None-Biblical Thoughts

To Clue The Reader Into

The Heart Of The

Heat Of The

Passion

The Bible  contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers.

Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy.

It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler's map, the pilgrim's staff, the pilot's compass, the soldier's sword, and the Christian's charter.

Here Paradise is restored, Heaven opened, and the gates of hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end.

It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet.

Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.

It is a mine of wealth, a Paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given to you in life, will be open in the judgment, and be remembered forever.

It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and condemns all who trifle with its holy precepts.

From The Front Of My Gideon New Testament

I am sorry that you take everything personally when I make a general statement with no one in particular in mind.

:thumbsup:

Beloved, Please Pray For Me

Guest shiloh357

That is sort of what I thought you would say.  Now we are all just liars, we are moving up in the world, first we deny the word of God, now  we are liars.  I wonder what you will call us next? 

Well what do you call it when people continuously and falsely attribute motives to you that you have never expressed?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Again another closed because of bickering and sniping.

This forum is really getting tiresome.