• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  246
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/09/1974

Indeed it was.

But this "clue" - all of them - are pointing to a very specific source ... the Vatican.

People say all sorts of crazy things about 666.  Remember when fundamental SDA said that "Sunday worship" was the mark of the beast?  I'm sorry, but, YOU buy and sell too ... right?  So, how can "sunday worship" be the mark of the beast if NO MAN can buy and sell without the mark?  I even remember some people said that the former Russian leader was the antichrist because of a birthmark on his head.  He's ... DEAD ... now, right?  Some even said that Naz (rapper) was the antichrist and something about 666.

So, this isn't me being over zealous about a number.  This is CRITICAL THINKING.  Careful study.  Careful consideration.  And what I see is that ALL of the clues are pointing to the same exact place - the Vatican.

What are the chances of that happening?

All clues pointing to ground zero?

This is rightfully dividing the Word of God, not having a piece point over there, and another over there, and another over here.  They ALL point inwards to that little red dot over in Rome.

The Popes mantle adds up to 666 in the Latin numeric system.

This is rightfully dividing the Word of God, not having a piece point over there, and another over there, and another over here....

:thumbsup:

As I See It One Will Either Point To the man

I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. John 5:43

Or One Will Point To THE Man

And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God. Acts 7:56

Beloved, It's That

And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, Jude 1:14

Simple

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. John 6:37

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  359
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/30/1998

All clues seem to point to the Vatican but have you considered the European Union and the European Parliament?

@ Cobalt,

I wasn't actually responding "to" Oakwood.  I was delivering my own thoughts, but I wasn't responding to him.

2)

Christians of what time?  Where are "Christians" in the Book of Revelation once the Tribulation has begun?  All emphases is on Israel, not the Church.  Further, it is incorrect for you to suggest that only that generation would know.  Revelation itself says "HERE IS WISDOM.  LET HIM THAT HATH UNDERSTANDING..."

That says nothing about only that generation would understand.  It is saying that whomever is given the wisdom to know, will know.  That is why no one reading this can accuse me of taking just this one verse and running with it.  Instead, I've taken all clues and shown how they ALL point to the same thing.  RIGHTFULLY DIVIDE THE WORD

3)

You also have erred suggesting that its a conclusion that I want. The first time I studied Revelation, it was 1991 ... and I was "brand new" in that year.  I've read Revelation at least 6 times since, and studied it in equal portions.  You CANNOT just make it point to whomever you want.  You mentioned Islam.  Go ahead and try to make the clues point to Islam.  Try to make them point to America.  Try to make them point to the UN or anything else you want.  If you think that is possible, I'd like to see how that is accomplished.  But no, I've not fabricated or inserted a delusion or a lie.  History itself is on my side ... as is what we clearly can see today.

4)

Lastly, I am seeing something that is apparently common in these threads.  I see Scriptures applied out of context.  You cannot take a Scripture that is talking about FALSE MESSIAHS (plural, such as your Jim Jones, David Koresh, H.I.M., Sun Yong Moons ... and this other wacko who thinks he is Jesus and married to Mary) and apply that to THEE Antichrist of the Tribulation.  You are taking what is attributed to something completely different and applying it to a wrong context.  If it were at all possible concerns false religions, false doctrines, false christs ... not THEE Antichrist.

The antichrist will convince the world of a lie.

And I'm curious.  Since you think Christians will be around, and since it appears that you think that it's as simple as just "not taking the mark" ... let me ask you a few questions.

a)

Have you ever fasted before?  A real fast?  Have you never experienced what HUNGER PAINS feel like - those sharp, needle like feelings in the stomach?  But ... you think you will refuse to take the Mark and just let yourself  starve to death?

b)

Since you cannot buy or sell, are you ready to go withouth toothpaste, deodorant, loose all your possessions (cause you can't keep your apt or home if you don't make PAYMENTS)?  Are you dependant on medications to starve off illnesses ... so you'll just let your body suffer?

c)

Are you married?  Kids?  So, you'll just be willing to not only starve yourself and endure the slow, gruesome pain of death, but watch your spouse and child die also?

d)

For get about buying new clothes, or calling Joe Blow (you aren't PAYING you phone bill, remember?)  And don't forget the food crises where even a loaf of bread is costing a days wage.  With things THAT expensive, who do you think is going to give you any handouts?

e)

And since it is the WORST TIME MANKIND HAS EVEN EXPERIENCED, and since the Spirit is gone - the one who restrains evil - mankind will do whatever they want.  Rape a woman in broad daylight.  Kill dudes for no reasons.  Demons all over the world.  Nature out of wack and being destroyed.  But, you think that you'll just ... what?  Ride it out?

f)

And what about the torture?  Do you think they will ASK you to take the mark?  They will torture and kill you.  Do you think your body can endure without you giving in? They have torture methods now that can keep you alive, just to make sport of your torture.  Maybe you should read about the methods of the Inquisitions?  Read the Jesuit Oath of Induction.  Oh, and Islam certainly will be left behind.  See what they do to "infidels" while you are at it.

... are you sure you know the gravity and reality of what you think you know?  I'm not even scratching the surface of how terrible those days will be ... and you think that there will be a group of Christians on this planet?  Well, yes, you are right.  None will take the mark ... because none will be here to take it.  Only the lost and the hypocrites and the psuedoChristians will remain.

@ Kingdom.

Yes ... but why consider them further?

Are they on 7 mountains?

Are they 2-fold (woman AND beast)?

Are they made drunk with the blood of the saints?

666 is also the number of a MAN, and who might that be in the EU?

They have no history.  Where is their link to Babylon?

Rightfully DIVIDE the Word of Truth.  See what the clues say.  Who do ALL the clues point to? 

:-)

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  3

I had a friend who did his PhD thesis at the U of Manchester (England) with a title like;  "The Interpretations of the Number of the Beast in Revelation in the British Isles in the 15th & 16th centuries.

I heard some of it read; it was a hoot!

Now let me twist your tail for a moment & comment that 666 is not the number of the Beast!  The number is "six hundred sixty-six," not 666.  I discovered this in watching a movie with some students of mine, movie series called, Thief in the Night by Mustard Seed International -- 4 movies in a series.

In those movies the mark was in binary numbers:

I was going to explain binary math to the students afterwards; so I looked at that.  Now 0110 is 6; but

0110 0110 0110 is not six hundred sixty-six in binary; neither is it = to 666 in Arabic numbers.  One cannot write six hundred sixty-six in Greek by repeating the Greek numeral for 6 three times in a row.  Greek numbers do not have place value.  The Greek number for 6 is digamma or stigma, a letter used only for numbers by NT times.  But the number of the beast in Greek, when it is written with numerals is

χξς.  The last letter of these three here is stigma.  But you cannot write six hundred sixty-six as ςςς, nor as FFF (digamma three times).  Actually in the oldest papyri I have seen, Stigma looks just like (final) sigma [c] with no hook on the bottom.  But fonts can vary over the centuries with Greek just as they do in English.

So one may say that the number of the beast is not "666"!

Good comments, Oakwood.

IMHO:

I knew a guy who was nuts on the number 666.  Like the following:

He used to fill up a YouTube forum with his garbage, posting all kinds of references to 666, lists of phone numbers that had it, addresses that had 666 in it -- as if there were something sinister about those who had such phone numbers or addresses.  He would pull out documents where some section was labeled #666 (say after 665 & before 667) as if he had exposed sinister plot, like for example, the minutes of some Lutheran agency or RCC agency.  And this went on day after day!  He was also nuts on the RCC! 

This can be a form of Newspaper Exegesis, whereby someone (like a TV sensationalist) raises a lot of dust over something in the news that is supposedly a fulfillment of the signs in Mat 24.  Do you recall how some were sensationalizing the year 2000, like all the computers would fail & civilization might collapse!

This kind of thing serves the enemy well, by bringing the Bible & prophecy into disrepute, as for example setting dates for the Rapture & the End of the World (May 21, 2011).

Thanks for some good comments.

Uh Oh!

I am getting near my 666th posting here!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Uh Oh!

lol :laughing:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  595
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Uh Oh!

most of us lived through the experience   you should make it memorable though