IGNORED

Devoted more to the Scriptures than to the God of the Scriptures?

nebula

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,143
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The written Word of God is a foundation by which all start from the very same source

Hebrew/Aramaic/Greek root beginnings of The Word presented to man for man by God...

Most deal in translation without questioning why this way instead of this way-

2 Tim 3:13-17

13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving,

and being deceived. 14 But continue thou in the things which thou

hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast

learned them; 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy

scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through

faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All scripture is given by

inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof,

for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man

of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

KJV

all mankind is able to come to the translation and read! Only the ones whom have

The Resident Truth Teacher can get it right-

Prov 1:23-33

23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto

you, I will make known my words unto you. 24 Because I have called,

and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;

25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my

reproof: 26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when

your fear cometh; 27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your

destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh

upon you. 28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer;

they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: 29 For that

they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the Lord:

30 They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.

31 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be

filled with their own devices. 32 For the turning away of the simple

shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.

33 But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be

quiet from fear of evil.

KJV

We have learned from Jesus' Life and Way that it is to be an intimate, without any

hypocrisy, relationship-> which is a faith driven pursuit as we cannot see our own

hearts but only be assured by the intimate contact of Spirit that we are as we think

we are with God! As this formation of truth using Word / Holy Spirit bringing us into

usefulness to God to draw others unto Himself we live not for here but for there where

our minds are to be stayed upon Jesus in all this process- Col 3

It is a difficult and narrow path that ends in a face to Face with The Lord Who knows our

heart and will disclose to us The Reality

Matt 7:22-27

22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied

in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done

many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew

you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. 24 Therefore whosoever heareth

these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man,

which built his house upon a rock: 25 And the rain descended, and the floods

came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it

was founded upon a rock. 26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine,

and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his

house upon the sand: 27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the

winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

KJV

IT is why we begin in fear and trembling in our salvation for the truth above is determined

by The Lord and there will be huge numbers that try to do it on their own ...

Phil 2:12-13

12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence

only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with

fear and trembling. 13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and

to do of his good pleasure.

KJV

There is no arguing with God! It will be as His Word teaches and no other way is permitted!

John 15:5-6

5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the

same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. 6 If a man

abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather

them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

KJV

So if you have come here, even in this fine group discussion, with your own abilities and

not The Holy Spirit-> Then your feet is on the path of everlasting Flame...

Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

So if you have come here, even in this fine group discussion, with your own abilities and

not The Holy Spirit-> Then your feet is on the path of everlasting Flame...

Love, Steven

Hi enoob57,  Maybe I am misunderstanding you.  I followed the things you were saying but the conclusion of your synopsis puzzles me.  Any ability that we have comes from God and we are to minister to others according to the ability God has given each of us according to.....

2 Peter 4:10-11 - As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.  If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever.  Amen.

Not everyone is at the same place or level of understanding and we all have different measures of grace and callings upon our lives.  Some are older in the Lord who have more wisdom and knowledge as well as experience.  Some have just started out and have very little knowledge and no experience.  So we can't be hasty in our judgment of others as having not the Holy Spirit Automatically lumping everyone who comes into this fine discussion without the Holy Spirit as having their feet on the path of everlasting Flame...   I take it that you are saying and referring to those within this thread that you do not personally agree with  as not having the Holy Spirit thus your condemnation and judgment upon them.  I think most people who come here are believers and are having fellowship with one another.   And I know I personally can't lump everyone who may disagree with me and have a different view or take on things as not having the Holy Spirit.  Now if you are specifically referring to false prophets and teachers then I understand as their judgment stands sure.  But your conclusion was not clear to me in this regards.   

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  223
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Excellent thread, nebula. I understand where you're coming from, having a similar experience in a church as a kid.   This was a church who's view of the bible was Sola Scriptura, "Scriptures alone". They were positive that they had all the answers, and they used this as a reason to tear down other denominations and believers.

There was a pastor there who was more interested in indoctrinating us with this particular brand of christianity than actually teaching about God. "This is how we're right," he'd teach, "and this is how everyone else is wrong." I learned from him how to bash people over the head with the "truth".

Matthew 23:15 ""Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are."

I realized later that I was being indoctrinated (and manipulated) specifically because my mom was questioning a particular doctrine that they hold very dearly. They were using me to get to her. She was just a mother and housewife and never went to bible college, but she was more devoted to the Word and the actual Truth than using the bible to defend a doctrine. She showed me where they were wrong and how they were manipulating scripture to "prove" their point.

Looking back, I don't see any love or God in those teachings from my pastor.  They didn't bring me closer to Jesus, but caused division in the body of Christ.

I haven't seen this passage quoted yet, but maybe I missed it. It seems appropriate. :)

1 Corinthians 13:1-8 "If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.
And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away."

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Thank-you for your testimony, Sheniy.

Now if you are specifically referring to false prophets and teachers then I understand as their judgment stands sure.  But your conclusion was not clear to me in this regards.

Yes the Jn 15:5 I am fearful there are many who may be deceiving themselves and

think they are of God by merely modeling themselves as such... I ask people a lot when you are all by

yourself- are you? Love, Steven

One clue would be how satan struggles to keep people out of the Word... look at the Catholic Church for centuries

they tried to the people from being able to read the Scriptures... Love, Steven 

:thumbsup:

And Yet Men Murder The Beloved And Lie

And Lie About The Grace Of God

And, And Still They Fail

And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13

I Wonder Why

God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: Acts 17:24-27

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

Now if you are specifically referring to false prophets and teachers then I understand as their judgment stands sure.  But your conclusion was not clear to me in this regards.

Yes the Jn 15:5 I am fearful there are many who may be deceiving themselves and

think they are of God by merely modeling themselves as such... I ask people a lot when you are all by

yourself- are you? Love, Steven

Thanks you for your clarification. Your last comment reminded me of a song some of the words being " Every where I go He is always with me every where I go He is always with me...I'm glad no matter where I am He is there when I get up inmorning He's there for He wakes me up and is the light of day. He's there when I go to bed and is my song in the night. And He Is There all in between He's in the creation all around me so I'm never alone. blessings

:amen:

It is the times that I follow the wrong spirit of a matter and then I find myself

in sin... I repent and He 'IS' there waiting for me and it breaks my heart of His Beauty

of Grace in washing me as though it had never happened! There is no other cleanness like

this and there is no resistance from The Presence of security that envelopes from a perfect

work that I did not deserve-> never failing to increase His Worth while decreasing my own...

Love, Steven