• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.81
  • Days Won:  44

Blessings Golden Eagle...

You can watch movies on Amazon?.......I am clueless-lol     How do you do that ,my Brother? Me thinks I like that idea!!!!

With love,in Christ,Kwik

You can often rent movies on Amazon Instant Videos for anywhere from $1.99 to $9.99... All on your computer. You can also buy movies online through Amazon and watch it on your computer.

Click this link for Frozen. It's $4.99 to rent it in standard definition as it just came out. HD version is $5.99.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Golden Eagle.....

Thank you so much,how very thoughtful & considerate .......I really do appreciate your taking the time to provide me with the link.......this is a perfect little thing for tonight! Can't wait to see it!!!     I love movies!

With love -in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Well, I'll be the wet blanket, as usual.  I had to sit through it twice at the theatre for the sake of my young autistic son, who I think has a crush on the Ice Queen.   Or he really likes her Ice Palace; not sure which it is.   I thought it was a pretty shoddy piece of work; poorly written with no sense of direction, and the characters were not well conceived; it could have used another round of content editing to keep the characters in check.  Visually it was stunning.  I thought the music was just terrible.  It's amusing that people from the gay community to the Christian community have all found messages in this movie to support their disparate views. 

I'm a little surprised that nobody seems to have pointed out that the movie pushes the idea of "doing what you feel" or "being what you feel"  as valid ways to live.  Of course they are not.  To its credit, though, the movie does show the consequences that kind of attitude.  I'm just not sure kids get it, especially since the big song of the movie promotes that kind of life and uses Martin Luther's famous "here I stand" declaration as its refrain.  The meaning of the movie is not reflected in it's theme song, in other words.

Look, I know this movie has its rabid fans and defenders, and my views are subjective, but I  must add, they are also based on my occupation.  I just think Frozen highlights how far Disney has fallen from the days of The Jungle Book and even the glorious Lion King, both movies with awesome music scores and extremely literate (and sometimes complex) screenplays.

Well, I'll be the wet blanket, as usual.  I had to sit through it twice at the theatre for the sake of my young autistic son, who I think has a crush on the Ice Queen.   Or he really likes her Ice Palace; not sure which it is.   I thought it was a pretty shoddy piece of work; poorly written with no sense of direction, and the characters were not well conceived; it could have used another round of content editing to keep the characters in check.  Visually it was stunning.  I thought the music was just terrible.  It's amusing that people from the gay community to the Christian community have all found messages in this movie to support their disparate views. 

I guess people will always look at whatever is in front of them through the lens of their worldview. Don't you think sister? :noidea:

I'm a little surprised that nobody seems to have pointed out that the movie pushes the idea of "doing what you feel" or "being what you feel"  as valid ways to live.  Of course they are not.  To its credit, though, the movie does show the consequences that kind of attitude.  I'm just not sure kids get it, especially since the big song of the movie promotes that kind of life and uses Martin Luther's famous "here I stand" declaration as its refrain.  The meaning of the movie is not reflected in it's theme song, in other words.

When Elsa does what she feels she does indeed bring destruction on her whole kingdom. I believe that was addressed in the OP:

*The Song: “Let it go”

Ironically, the rest of the story goes directly against the theme of the song “let it go.” When the princess decides to “let it go,” she brings a terrible evil into the world. The consequences from her actions are horrible – a permanent winter for her people as everything is frozen. “No right, no wrong, no rules for me” is the sin that isolates the princess and freezes her kingdom. Which brings up the final theme I’d like to talk about…

I do agree with you the "Let it Go" is a poor theme song for the movie. It is catchy as evidenced by it's popularity.

Look, I know this movie has its rabid fans and defenders, and my views are subjective, but I  must add, they are also based on my occupation.  I just think Frozen highlights how far Disney has fallen from the days of The Jungle Book and even the glorious Lion King, both movies with awesome music scores and extremely literate (and sometimes complex) screenplays.

I hear you sister. I'm not a big fan of either Jungle Book or Lion King. I personally prefer Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty, Toy Story, The Lady and the Tramp, Bambi, The Fox and the Hound, etc.

What Disney did do with Frozen is introduce the idea a story can have two princess's. Also falling in love and getting married quick isn't always the best idea. Finally, the idea that "love is the answer" and comes not from some fairy tale prince charming but from those you love is also a pretty good lesson.

My 2 cents ;)

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08

Yeah, all good points you make.  I didn't read the article; you asked for thoughts, and I gave them.  I remember the first time I saw it,  about half-way through I was really perplexed with the movie's odd-ball structure; it's pacing really distracting to me.  I figured for sure it would be a bomb.  Well, I was wrong again. 

I forgot to mention the all-time best Disney 'toon:  The Little Mermaid.  Classic.  Made me want to have red hair so bad.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.96
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Well, I'll be the wet blanket, as usual.  I had to sit through it twice at the theatre for the sake of my young autistic son, who I think has a crush on the Ice Queen.   Or he really likes her Ice Palace; not sure which it is.   I thought it was a pretty shoddy piece of work; poorly written with no sense of direction, and the characters were not well conceived; it could have used another round of content editing to keep the characters in check.  Visually it was stunning.  I thought the music was just terrible.

I actually can apprieciate your thoughts/feelings on this. Quality wise, I wouldn't give this movie the highest of ratings, although I wouldn't rank it quite as low as I believe you have.

It's amusing that people from the gay community to the Christian community have all found messages in this movie to support their disparate views.

Well, the best movies are those with which a wide variety of people can relate. The Matrix was like that.

Although I don't know what the gay community is finding - aside from one quick scene missed by most people (I am only aware of it because I read an article which pointed it out specifically).

If it wasn't for that one song becoming so popular, I wouldn't consider the movie pushing that theme. But I can appreciate how less analytical viewers would walk away with that song rather than Elsa's realization that she wasn't really free.

As for why no one is pointing it out, I personally am trying to ignore that aspect and rather point out the better aspect of the concluding points.

That said, I can appreciate why this would bother you.

Funny, I had serious problems with The Lion King as a kids movie. But I agree The Jungle Book was great - Balou is one of my favorite characters! ("Look for the 'bear' necessities...."]

None the less, Disney have indeed gone past their golden days.

But like Golden Eagle, I was impressed with the positives presented in the movie.

However, I can accept where you are coming from.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  306
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,130
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Golden Eagle.....
     Oh gee,I can't thank you enough for your OP & the link,boy did I enjoy it.......I grew up a Disney kid,Annette Funicello was my favorite,,Sleeping Beauty ,Cindarella,Lady & the Tramp & I enjoyed this as much as I did those back then.....Oh ,& Tangled     Whenever I watch Disney I guess I become 5 years old again,not looking for negative ,not looking for positive,,,,,just not looking for anything except enjoyment.......
      My Daughter in law rants about "Walt Disney was this & that","subliminal messages","gay connotations"........I say,"you will find whatever it is you are looking for......"
Mark 10:13-16
People were bringing little children to Jesus to have
him touch them, but the disciples rebuked them. When
Jesus saw
this, he was indignant. He said to them, “Let the
little children come
to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of
God belongs to
such as these. I tell you the truth, anyone who will
not receive the
kingdom of God like a little child will never enter
it.” And he took the
children in his arms, put his hands on them and blessed
them                                                                                                   With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  868
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  03/17/1981

The Little Mermaid.

I've always found this to be one of the worst in terms of message. Ariel's constantly disobeying her father, "falls in love" with Eric after seeing him for all of thirty seconds, is willing to give up her entire life to go and chase after a man she's never even spoken to, goes to a witch for help, and of course gets rewarded for all of this at the end.