Guest DRS81

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

We should expect more of these non-biblical films.

I read an article online on cnn just last night about that. About how hollywood people are saying they plan to do just that: take bible stories and alter then just to make a new film. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Of course, many churches do not teach the full effect of what happened in Noah's day.

Noah was declared to be perfect in his generations (we would say genetics)

Genesis 6:9 (NKJV)
9 This is the genealogy of Noah. Noah was a just man, perfect in his generations. Noah walked with God.

The other translations say blameless or upright in his generation or among his people.

The devil has interfered with the plan and goings on down here on earth from the beginning. Not to get into the angel / human cohabitation debate here, however it was done the gene pool of earth had become tainted and corrupted. So God had to wipe the slate clean and start over again with Noah (the second Adam). No, Jesus is not the second Adam as some claim. If you check the scriptures ( Corinthians 15:45, Jesus is called the last Adam.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Of course, many churches do not teach the full effect of what happened in Noah's day.

9 This is the genealogy of Noah. Noah was a just man, perfect in his generations. Noah walked with God.

The other translations say blameless or upright in his generation or among his people.

The devil has interfered with the plan and goings on down here on earth from the beginning. Not to get into the angel / human cohabitation debate here, however it was done the gene pool of earth had become tainted and corrupted. So God had to wipe the slate clean and start over again with Noah (the second Adam). No, Jesus is not the second Adam as some claim. If you check the scriptures ( Corinthians 15:45, Jesus is called the last Adam.

To say Noah was the second Adam is incorrect.

1 Corinthians 15:47

The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second Man is the Lord from heaven.

Guest shiloh357

That is pure and utter garbage. You have been watching too much "ancient aliens" on the History Channel or some other similar kind of nonsense.  It's amazing what grown men and women will believe.

The phrase, "he was perfect in his generations has nothing to do with his physical make up.   It has to do with with his integrity.  The word "perfect" in Hebrew is a word that means that He walked in integrity.  It means that Noah walked uprightly and was a man of good moral/ethical quality to a degree that pleased God.  The word generation has nothing to do with genetics.  The Hebrew word doreh does not apply to something like that.

Angel human/cohabitation is utter nonsense.

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,236
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/18/1970

Remember that it is not a BAPTIST only movie....it is combination of all the stories and versions of Noah. See the movie and take from it what you KNOW is right, but do not bully a film because it isn't word for word from the KJV. The story of noah is 2 pages of scripture that encompasses nearly a millenium of time. Who is to say what happened during that time God does not tell us everything.

I am not understanding how it was said that it was a Baptist movie? A combination of which stories about Noah?

See the movie and take from it what you KNOW is right, but do not bully a film because it isn't word for word from the KJV.

What I know is right is the Word of God, If you cannot make a movie fit into an allotted time to make a feature film - then don't make it - The entire film aside from character names and a flood are all it has in common with the Bible....

The story of noah is 2 pages of scripture...

The story of Noah covers 3 full chapters in Genesis.

As far who is to say ?

If you don't know...don't say.....I do not take things as just a movie, or just an adaptation....or whatever one wishes to call it. If people want to make these movies and watch them that is their right to do so. However, I take the Word of God seriously, and what this movie has done has made a mockery of Gods Word. This is not a Charles Dickens story and made into something artistic, this is God's Word.....At what point is it ok to just take liberty with it? At what point as a Christian should we be ok with it? I don't find it entertaining, I don't find it artistic, and the movie is not Biblical. I am at no point where I find it acceptable just to do what we want with God's Word.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Sin is what has corrupted the human race.

Noah, as has been already pointed out, is not the second Adam.

This is not about genetics.  Our genes are not modified when we accept Christ as our Savior.....

The movie uses the generic "creator" instead of God.   The movie says that the rebellious angels were turned into "rock people" by God and helped Noah build the ark.  The rock people also fought as Noah's army to keep the people from destroying the ark.

The movie says that Methusaleh was an ancient Shaman magician who gave Noah a seed from the Garden of Eden that grew all of the trees Noah needed to build the ark.

The movie basically depicts the ark as a means of saving the animals, not the people.  The family of Noah was spared by the creator to care for the animals until the flood was over and the Noah was instructed to basically commit a murder suicide and kill his family and himself and rid the world of humanity.

Noah's wife is a witch or has some kind of magical powers, as well. and she keeps some of the animals asleep.  The movie also says that they used some of the animals for food (despite having no way to cook in a wooden ark). 

Tubal-Cain is portrayed in the movie as a stowaway and was trying to kill Noah.  He was joined by Shem in that effort . 

Only one of Noah's sons, Shem had a wife, and she was Noah's adopted daughter.  She got pregnant and Noah vowed to kill her offspring if it was girl.   But at the end, could not bring himelf to kill her TWIN daughters.

At the end, Noah was getting drunk because he failed to kill his family and thus failed to do what the "creator" commanded him to do.  Noah just decides to live with his mistake.

Other than the name  "Noah" there is nothing biblical about this movie and frankly it is not fit for Christian consumption.  I will not waste my time or money on it.

That's pretty distorted.  I kind of felt like seeing it, but your description inclines me to say 'probably not.'

Remember that it is not a BAPTIST only movie....it is combination of all the stories and versions of Noah. See the movie and take from it what you KNOW is right, but do not bully a film because it isn't word for word from the KJV. The story of noah is 2 pages of scripture that encompasses nearly a millenium of time. Who is to say what happened during that time God does not tell us everything.

May I venture to say that the least likely to say what happened in between what is written and what is not, are the people who mock God and those who believe in Him but

don't mind collecting a dollar at the box office by creating a distorted view of God and Who He is.

I don't have a problem if someone want to view it...but I think it is crossing the line to endorse it as something good if it is not.

I'm not Baptist and I'm not sure what Baptist has to do with this movie?  The Bible is not Baptist either.

Think about it.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

The movie uses the generic "creator" instead of God.   The movie says that the rebellious angels were turned into "rock people" by God and helped Noah build the ark.  The rock people also fought as Noah's army to keep the people from destroying the ark.

The movie says that Methusaleh was an ancient Shaman magician who gave Noah a seed from the Garden of Eden that grew all of the trees Noah needed to build the ark.

The movie basically depicts the ark as a means of saving the animals, not the people.  The family of Noah was spared by the creator to care for the animals until the flood was over and the Noah was instructed to basically commit a murder suicide and kill his family and himself and rid the world of humanity.

Noah's wife is a witch or has some kind of magical powers, as well. and she keeps some of the animals asleep.  The movie also says that they used some of the animals for food (despite having no way to cook in a wooden ark). 

Tubal-Cain is portrayed in the movie as a stowaway and was trying to kill Noah.  He was joined by Shem in that effort . 

Only one of Noah's sons, Shem had a wife, and she was Noah's adopted daughter.  She got pregnant and Noah vowed to kill her offspring if it was girl.   But at the end, could not bring himelf to kill her TWIN daughters.

At the end, Noah was getting drunk because he failed to kill his family and thus failed to do what the "creator" commanded him to do.  Noah just decides to live with his mistake.

Other than the name  "Noah" there is nothing biblical about this movie and frankly it is not fit for Christian consumption.  I will not waste my time or money on it.

That's pretty distorted.  I kind of felt like seeing it, but your description inclines me to say 'probably not.'

I was talking to someone who saw it, who is a well grounded believer. He said that is a pretty accurate view of how inaccurate the movie was from a biblical standpoint. 

Guest DRS81

I was talking to someone who saw it, who is a well grounded believer. He said that is a pretty accurate view of how inaccurate the movie was from a biblical standpoint. 

I guess the positive side to all this is now we know Hollywood is false, and any Bible film that comes out of it needs to be tested and looked at. It's good to be aware with eyes wide open and the belief system that comes from the producer and the writers, what their agenda's are. All it shows me really is that people are getting money hungry.