IGNORED

The 'Noah' film starring Russell Crowe

Guest DRS81

Guest shiloh357

While artistic license has been taken, we believe that this film is true to the essence, values, and integrity of a story that is a cornerstone of faith for millions of people worldwide. The biblical story of Noah can be found in the book of Genesis.'"

It is anything but true to the essence vales and integrity of the biblical account.  It bears little resemblance to the biblical account.  They are delusional.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I just REALLY like special effects....... :ph34r:

I've watched just the opening moments of 'War of the Worlds' at least 4 times just to see that storm and the 'machines' come out of the earth

My husband thinks its funny (me, not the movie)

Guest LadyC

before passing judgement on the film, please read this article. it is the third in a series.... the first article (you can search Noah on their site to read all of them) covers 5 positive aspects of the film. the second covers 5 negatives. the third and most important, the one i linked to, is one that describes practical applications for christians when it comes to the movie... because whether we see it or not, others WILL see it, and they WILL engage almost every single one of us at some point. and this article gives good advice on how to respond when those who have seen it start trying to discuss it with us.

as for me, i'm going to see it. i'm going to enjoy it. i can't imagine NOT enjoying ANYthing with russel crowe, and i'm not going to feel the least bit guilty or ashamed for watching it. but now i know what i can expect to see, so i won't be disappointed when it comes up short of what my expectations might have been otherwise. and i'm happy that hollywood is producing a movie that can be a useful tool in the world of witnessing, because it will get people talking. 

and besides, why get in an uproar over it not being entirely right? when has hollywood EVER gotten the bible right? and since the producer of this one is an athiest, could we have expected this one to be the first in history to be accurate? we could get our knickers in a knot about every hollywood Biblical movie ever produced if we wanted, including the infamous ten commandments with charlston heston, which was so inaccurate it made me laugh all the way through it when i watched it again for the first time in decades last year. but are we all going to sit back, shake our fingers of condemnation and miss the opportunity that this is giving us? or are we going to praise God for giving the world something that gets the unbelievers asking questions and ask Him to guide us as we step up to the opportunity that has been handed us?

I'm not going to pretend I know who all, or even what all, Holy Spirit will use to get His message across.  I see no impossibilities.  Praise God!  God will use and do what He will.  Amen.  Jeremiah taught me that the "Creator of the universe" can do all things, that "nothing is impossible" for our God.  Glory to His Name!

I am a student of Arthur Blessitt, and for those who do not know, this man's evangelical career was carrying a 12 foot Cross of Jesus around the world.  He told the story of how the KGB held the Cross for him while they searched his luggage for Bibles.  Arthur told about the little atheist teen girl who rode her bicycle ahead of him as he carried that Cross, and she's shouting all the way at the top of her lungs, "The Cross is coming!  The Cross is coming!"

God's Word accomplishes that which it will.  God uses what He will, and whom He will.  I learned that God used a prophet's donkey to speak.  Belssitt said today on TV that he was that donkey, and I thought all along I was, and I learned, God has many donkeys willing to speak.  His Word shall be heard, amen.  Let him with ears hear the Holy Spirit today.

I found this thread and only really watched previews of this movie today, so I expected more conversation on the film, itself.  I only think it is a bit too intense for me, but I don't have a problem with it.  If the average person who watches Noah is somewhat like I am, they will open their bible and read.  Years ago I saw "One Night With The King" - the story of Esther, and I bought the DVD I was so impressed!  But, I also read the Book of Esther again.

Because of hearing of this movie, "Noah" today and watching the trailer, I looked up Genesis 6 and read it again today.  This has always been so close to my heart, especially Genesis 6: 5-6  This caused my heart to grieve, to think that God was sorry He had made me.  But, glory to God for His Son Jesus Christ who is the cure!    Jesus, the double-cure!  Amen

Thank God when He was grieved at heart, He thought out a way to save my soul.  Thank God He came to earth to love and save a sinner like me!  Hosanna!  

Be blessed my brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ!

Above all, put on love!  Above all, count your brother above yourself.  Amen.

I leave you with God's Word,

Shalom, Prair

Genesis 6

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

The Corruption of Mankind

Now it came about, when men began to multiply on the face of the land, and daughters were born to them, that the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose. 

Then the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.” 

The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 

The Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in His heart. 

The Lord said, “I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky; for I am sorry that I have made them.” 

But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

before passing judgement on the film, please read this article. it is the third in a series.... the first article (you can search Noah on their site to read all of them) covers 5 positive aspects of the film. the second covers 5 negatives. the third and most important, the one i linked to, is one that describes practical applications for christians when it comes to the movie... because whether we see it or not, others WILL see it, and they WILL engage almost every single one of us at some point. and this article gives good advice on how to respond when those who have seen it start trying to discuss it with us.

as for me, i'm going to see it. i'm going to enjoy it. i can't imagine NOT enjoying ANYthing with russel crowe, and i'm not going to feel the least bit guilty or ashamed for watching it. but now i know what i can expect to see, so i won't be disappointed when it comes up short of what my expectations might have been otherwise. and i'm happy that hollywood is producing a movie that can be a useful tool in the world of witnessing, because it will get people talking. 

and besides, why get in an uproar over it not being entirely right? when has hollywood EVER gotten the bible right? and since the producer of this one is an athiest, could we have expected this one to be the first in history to be accurate? we could get our knickers in a knot about every hollywood Biblical movie ever produced if we wanted, including the infamous ten commandments with charlston heston, which was so inaccurate it made me laugh all the way through it when i watched it again for the first time in decades last year. but are we all going to sit back, shake our fingers of condemnation and miss the opportunity that this is giving us? or are we going to praise God for giving the world something that gets the unbelievers asking questions and ask Him to guide us as we step up to the opportunity that has been handed us?

From what I've heard they don't just fail to get it right, they get it deceivingly wrong - possibly deliberately..

However, I don't think it will corrupt any Christians but possibly deceive others. My only qualm about seeing it is that I don't want to line the pockets of those who made it, nor do I want them to be encouraged to make more like it, but if I ever get the chance to watch it for free then I probably will.

• Topic Count:  701
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1955

"It takes very little skill to plunder the Bible as ammunition for your own argument" -- Brian Zahnd

from Brietbart:

"When atheist director and co-writer Darren Aronofsky promised that his epic 'Noah' would be 'the least biblical film ever made,' that was not hyperbole. 'Noah' is a brilliant, compelling, beautifully-mounted, beautifully-acted piece of storytelling conceived for the sinister purpose of leading people to believe that Christianity and Judaism are something they are not ...

SPOILER ALERT: the following link to this story critiques and details parts of the plot.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2014/03/28/Noah-review-brilliantly-sinister-anti-christian-filmmaking?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I see no need to have more than one thread about the same movie, so I merged the threads.  Let's keep the conversation to this one thread please.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/16/1967

The Lord sent the flood because of sin of man, not because of environmental damage. Noah saves things in the movie, but God saved noahs family in the bible. Completely changes the story.

Actually it was not just the sin of man...it was also due to the nephilim and desecration of Gods creation..

Genesis 6:4-8

4The Nephilimb were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown.

5The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6And the LORD regretted that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart. 7So the LORD said, “I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, man and animals and creeping things and birds of the heavens, for I am sorry that I have made them.” 8But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD.

• Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Intriguing.

'Noah' sounds to me like Satan's way of infiltrating the movie industry in a big way (not that he hasn't done it before). From what I have heard of the film so far, it is a dangerous piece of propaganda.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

From what the reviewers I've read say, the word 'God' is not used once in this movie.  The reason is apparent to any believer