IGNORED

What Is Tithe? Must Every Christian Pay Tithe?

Jerry1023

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  514
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/07/1989

What is tithe,I just want to know if it is biblical that every christian must pay tithe,can not paying tithe hinder someone from been address as a born again or a righteous person,is tithe a God's command,that every christian must obey,can a christian who is very faitheful in paying tithe,but still pratice some worldly things,be regard as a righteous person,can a christian who detest to pratice worldly things,but doesn't pay his/her tithe,be regard as a righteous person,can" not paying tithe stop someone from making heaven.your opinion can be of help.may the good God bless you, as you look into my post.

Do you think Jesus condem the paying of tithes ?

Matthew 23:23

King James Version (KJV)

23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Does one give their first fruits to God, or their leftovers (third, fourth or fifth fruit) .  It is an act of obedience and an act of faith.

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Lol. I always give to God first because there is never anything left over to give Him. But if I give to Him first I always have enough. It doen't make much sense but it works for me. So I never put money into the offering plate. I send it from my bank at the first of the month and let the people in the church office complain about it messing up their book keeping.

We are to give of our income. If we have no job or have had a big cut it pay, God wants us to give freely and not of compulsion; we give out of love and gratitude as we are able and as He provides for us. God is concerned about our hearts, not about how much we give. The widow's mite was all she had.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Jerry,

I think it has been explained to you very well what the tithe means & I would really like to elaborate just a bit on what Montana Marv has said,that is really the whole point of the matter,obedience & faith,it is putting your faith into action.God is First & He should get every first fruit we have to offer,our first thought in the morning should be on Him ,our first word spoken should be praise,worship & thanksgiving....everything we have,even our very lives belong to Him,He is the SOURCE of everything we have,receive & are able to acquire ......our finances are but a REsource,it is all His,all He asked for in the Old Testament was the tenth,,,,,,why,well if you know anything about animals or crops ,,,,,the first fruit ,or yield comes out to a about tenth...amazing but just another one of Gods wonderful works.......if I have 100 brood mares that are ready to foal(100 pregnant horses that are ready to give birth)about 10 will drop FIRST!!!!!!The same goes for all other herd animals...................crops,1000 trees are ready to produce fruit & the FIRST yield would bring only 10 per tree...............thats the very FIRST and the very best,,,,,

You see Jerry,its all about believing God is Jehovah Jireh,trusting Him & showing Him that we do.................if my bills are 500 dollars & I have only 500 but I give $50.00 as a tithe ,can I trust God to provide?Of course I can .......................He says to test Him in this,lol-I think we are the ones to be tested.And you know,I don't believe it means just the church we attend ....of course I believe I should support my church but I think sowing into other areas for Gods Kingdom is just as much tithing,feeding the hungry & programs such as water wells in places that have no water & other outreach ministries.....

Praise & Glory to God,do as you are able & as the Holy Spirit directs us........

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Izzel, Did Jesus condone Adultery when he did not order the stoning of the Woman caught, you have to know to whom is being spoken to, and in your reference he was speaking to the scribes and Pharisees, to whom was still under the law! the law was for stoning, but the law was for the Jews. there is no proof that the woman was Jewish, which actually she could not have been, for if she was then the law would had obligate her to be stoned.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

three basic principles given to the people of God, Three were before the law, keeping the Sabbath, tithing and circumcision, these three were also given during the law. but to the nation/people who is not under the law, the new testament Church. the Sabbath is up for debate, circumcision was proven from scriptures not for the new testament Church, but most will bound us still under the commandment/law to tithe. well the ones that will say we must tithe for we are commanded forget the part of the Sabbath law was not to travel over 8000 cubits (a Sabbath's day journey) a little over 1.333 miles. but then praise someone in the Church because they travel so far to make it to church every sunday(first day of the week not seventh) I guess they also over looked the fact if we keep one part of the law we must keep the whole law, or if we break one part we have broken all the law!!! it was also wrong under the commandment of God for a priest/ leader of the flock to shave their heads, trim the corners off their beards, but how many cleaned shaven preachers will get up Sunday and tell their flock that they must tithe. again I say if we keep one part of the law we must keep all the law!!