• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

What do you think?

God makes no mistakes.Anyone capable of mistakes would be finite,not infinite.God is not a man.Man makes mistakes.In all of Satan's desperate effort to find one single fault in Jesus he has failed.What single mistake do you think God made?

I am curious as to why you started this thread?

I am sure you have a valid reason, but I am wondering what it might be.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Butero,  I know many people today who will not turn themselves over to Jesus' lordship because of what you teach......

Guest Butero

Butero,  I know many people today who will not turn themselves over to Jesus' lordship because of what you teach......

To whom will they go?  Jesus has the only way to eternal life. 

BTW, who taught them this doctrine?  When I was a sinner, I never heard any deep doctrinal stuff like this.  I just knew there was a God, and the Bible was the Word of God.  How many people do you actually know like that, and who taught them? 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

We live in very dark times - dangerous times. Are we to worship an imperfect Christ? Will we be raised from the dead by an imperfect God who learns from his mistakes? Will we be judged by imperfection? The Old Testament should be read by the beacon of the New Testament. To judge God in any way is a product of our fallen free will. Aren't we to give our free will to Christ? I wish for us to have a true faith that can withstand doubt.

Oak   

BTW, who taught them this doctrine?  When I was a sinner, I never heard any deep doctrinal stuff like this.  I just knew there was a God, and the Bible was the Word of God.  How many people do you actually know like that, and who taught them? 

at least ten off the top of my head and they all come from families who were active in the church.....     My brother in law studied for several years before he decided that the bible couldn't be reality if God is what people say the Bible says he is.   And he's not dumb, he has different degrees and was a successful junior high history teacher for over 20 years before he and my sister retired...  My own sister feels the same way he does and she grew up in the church....

It matters a great deal to me...

What you are telling me is that God made Satan to rebel and take a third of the angels and then created man who would become so totally corrupt that he would have to kill all but eight, then out of that 8 would build a nation through one of Noah's decedents that would also become so corrupt that he wants to kill all them and finally let the world get to the point that those here were about to kill everything with the help of the devil.

Resulting in billions of deaths, and billions of people going to hell to be tormented for eternity along with this entity he created in the first place.......   and knowing up front that it would be that way.......   are you really telling me that is our God???

Guest Butero

at least ten off the top of my head and they all come from families who were active in the church.....     My brother in law studied for several years before he decided that the bible couldn't be reality if God is what people say the Bible says he is.   And he's not dumb, he has different degrees and was a successful junior high history teacher for over 20 years before he and my sister retired...  My own sister feels the same way he does and she grew up in the church....

What you are telling me is that God made Satan to rebel and take a third of the angels and then created man who would become so totally corrupt that he would have to kill all but eight, then out of that 8 would build a nation through one of Noah's decedents that would also become so corrupt that he wants to kill all them and finally let the world get to the point that those here were about to kill everything with the help of the devil.

Resulting in billions of deaths, and billions of people going to hell to be tormented for eternity along with this entity he created in the first place.......   and knowing up front that it would be that way.......   are you really telling me that is our God???

Yes, because the alternative is harder for me to accept.  I cannot accept the notion that God is anything less than 100 percent perfect.  He cannot make mistakes.  Here is how I see it.  You know people that believe that if God is a certain way, he cannot be real?  Why?  In theory, couldn't the creator be anything?  Why would he have to be loving?  I never understood that logic.  He is who he is.  People try to fashion him into something they desire him to be.  God could be mean and vicious and still be the creator.  I am not saying he is that way, but just making a point.  I can understand people saying they won't serve a God that does this or does that, but to say that if God isn't the way they imagine him, he can't be real is not logical to me. 

Well from my point of view you are calling The Father Evil.......   bizarrely evil at that.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Yes, because the alternative is harder for me to accept.  I cannot accept the notion that God is anything less than 100 percent perfect.  He cannot make mistakes.  Here is how I see it.  You know people that believe that if God is a certain way, he cannot be real?  Why?  In theory, couldn't the creator be anything?  Why would he have to be loving?  I never understood that logic.  He is who he is.  People try to fashion him into something they desire him to be.  God could be mean and vicious and still be the creator.  I am not saying he is that way, but just making a point.  I can understand people saying they won't serve a God that does this or does that, but to say that if God isn't the way they imagine him, he can't be real is not logical to me. 

Who does the Bible say that God is?There are tons of scripture on what is God like.Have you read them?

Guest Butero

Well from my point of view you are calling The Father Evil.......   bizarrely evil at that.

And from my point of view, you are calling the Father weak.  He is not all powerful and makes mistakes.  But again, where is the logic in saying that if God isn't a certain way, he can't be real?  How is that an intelligent argument?  How come the creator couldn't be "bizarrely evil" and still be real?  Again, I didn't call him that, as I don't view him that way, but why is that impossible?  He is who he is.  You have to admit that God has done things that based on your comments don't make sense, like sending a plague on Israel because King David called for a census.  How about having the children of Israel kill every man woman and child in certain cities?  How about the idea of sentencing good moral people to spend eternity in hell because of unbelief?  Do you deny anything I said about those things?  If those things are clearly in the Bible, why is it so hard to accept my position that God makes no mistakes?