IGNORED

Is it selfish to hope the end of the world comes soon?

jerryR34

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,181
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I really hope and pray that he waits until JJ50 comes to know him in a relationship resulting in his salvation...  and a few other family members who are in JJ's situation.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

As he didn't bother when he had the chance and I needed him, it isn't likely to happen, is it?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

As he didn't bother when he had the chance and I needed him, it isn't likely to happen, is it?

He is always there, He has not gone anywhere, and you will always need Him.

All you have to do is ask!

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

Even in some of the most darkest moments of my life HE was there for me,

HE is always there.

Psalm 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path

That light may appear to us so dimly that we think it's nowhere to be seen. 

​Yet if we truly search for it , it's there.

All we have to do is reach out for it and ask HIM .

Isaiah 41:10

10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea,

I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Often times we ask God to help with a particular way in mind.  As we wait and watch for that one particular answer, focused intently on the specifics, He is trying to get us to go in a different direction or is answering in another way.  Being too focused on Him answering according to what you want can cause tunnel vision resulting in us not seeing Him in the situation.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,181
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

that would depend on a lot of things.....   not knowing what you "needed" and didn't get would make it kind of hard to make any assessment on anything......     not being sure of the future as it is to Him, we really don't know if what we think we need is really in our best interest.

I've had many times in my life where I had to later thank God for not letting something I really thought I just had to have happen come to pass.

From Women to Cars to Jobs to health, the things I thought I had to have would have been a disaster had he allowed it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

I reckon if Christianity is practiced in 2000 years time some will still be expecting Jesus to return. I don't think anyone should hold their breath, as his return has been expected since he died and is highly unlikely ever to happen.

I think it very sad that people keep looking for his return, instead of living the life they have to the full and trying to enjoy it.

JJ50, even your statements are covered by the Truth in which we speak! :)

And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men. But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

(2Pe 3:4-9)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I see many people who want Jesus to come back as soon as possible.  Does that wish shorten the time some people have to  "get right with God"?  Is part of it that almost all people do not want to experience death?  Shouldn't we want to wait until ONE more person finds Christ?

Some people want the world to end also because of the evil they see. I'm personally happy being alive but I can understand such people's wishes. The world is increasingly becoming a worst place.

Edited by fdksos