• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/01/1992

I think I need to mention that I do NOT think that being fat is a sin. I also do not hate fat people. It makes no difference to me how big someone is, other than I would try to help them. I have very good friends who are fat. 

The reason I posted this post:

I was talking about those who have beliefs that are not stated explicitly in the Bible (such as complete abstinence from alcohol for everyone no matter what) but then don't follow principles that ARE stated explicitly in the Bible such as gluttony. I see this very often. Sorry if I offended anyone!

It's interesting because I have only been a member of theologically conservative evangelical, "Bible Belt" churches all my life and I have never heard once, anyone judge people for drinking a glass of wine or having a social drink.  I have never heard anyone claim that drinking a glass of champagne is a sin.   So I think you are really projecting something on to others just to have something to complain about.

From my experience some S. Baptist and Independent Baptist churches teach said doctrine. Or even Church of Christ...

It's not uncommon in the Bible belt for people to claim that drinking alcohol is sin.

God bless,

GE

Well that's where I live and I have never been told that drinking was sin, that only drunkness is a sin.  That was stressed when I was in the youth groups and stuff.  We were encouraged just to stay away from it, but were told that drunkness is what the Bible condemns.

They may have taught it was sin back in 1958 or something but not back in the 80s.

So your assumption that I made this up was wrong. But of course, you cannot be wrong, I forgot that. Maybe you were just 'inaccurate'.

NO,  I just think it is a common assumption and misperception that Christians who drink pass around and parrot from each other.  They think they are being judged by other Christians, most of whom don't care one way or the other.

Your assumption was wrong. Just admit it.

INo, you're the one making the assumption about other Christians and how they feel about drinking.  I am saying that it is a wrong assumption on your part to assume that Christians are sitting around judging others for drinking while excusing pet sins. 

No I am not making an assumption. I know a lot of Christians who think this way. You assumed that I only pretended this was even an issue to have something to complain about. Anddddddd you were wrong.

Guest shiloh357

No I am not making an assumption. I know a lot of Christians who think this way. You assumed that I only pretended this was even an issue to have something to complain about. Anddddddd you were wrong.

You may live in an area where people do think that way, but they don't represent the majority who don't.  I didn't say you pretended to have something to complain about.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.14
  • Days Won:  67

Please debate the subject, not the person.

It is possible to disagree about a doctrine or subject under discussion without insulting the person with whom you are debating.

Also remember that the fact that a person disagrees with you does not mean they are attacking you as a person.

Respect each other in the love of God!

This is the main reason that threads get stopped, shut down, and even deleted. 

​Members that do not respect this will be banned from the thread. 

God Bless.

Nigel. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,864
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

It's interesting to watch threads as they morph from one discussion to another....

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  223
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

It's interesting to watch threads as they morph from one discussion to another....

I know, right?

Sorry for derailing your thread, Peter. :b:

• Content Count:  28
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  05/01/1992

I know, right?

Sorry for derailing your thread, Peter. :b:

It's fine. I'll forgive you, I suppose. (;

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  44

God had a plan for man, but very unfortunate for Adam, he never entered the plan of God for his life. so whatever we see now is just a makeup from the actual plan of God for man.  you cannot ascertain or conclude what God's plan for man was. if adam had obeyed God, we would have seen a better ball game alltogether. No prophesies, visions, hard work, etc. this was the actual plan of God for man, Gen 1:28  And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. wow

• Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

i think i like the idea of how everyone was vegetarian then

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,864
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

God had a plan for man, but very unfortunate for Adam, he never entered the plan of God for his life. so whatever we see now is just a makeup from the actual plan of God for man.  you cannot ascertain or conclude what God's plan for man was. if adam had obeyed God, we would have seen a better ball game alltogether. No prophesies, visions, hard work, etc. this was the actual plan of God for man, Gen 1:28  And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. wow

John,  when did God decide that we would judge the angels?

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  44

you are referring to a scripture if i am correct, 1 Corinthians 6:3' "know ye not that we shall judge angels?  how much more things that pertain to this life? according to the original greek text, the word there angels is called "aggelos" from "aggello" meaning someone that brings glad tidings, or a messenger, or by implication a pastor.it does not mean fallen angels or lucifer, no. paul here was writing to let the believers know that they have not been called into Christ and not being able to take up responsibilty to say this and this is wrong, this and this is right. you often here believers say, "thou shalt not judge". it is just a simple way of saying, "please dont bother me", which is pure wickedness. not that believers dont know what to do, but because they themselves were bound by some kind of weakness, so they rather remain silent. paul make bold his faith by not being a hypocrite like many brethern. paul could rebuke peter and other jews not because he was perfect but because we have been called into the ministry of reconciliation, reconciling all things unto God and doing what God Himself would do, because we have the spirit of God in us