• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

other one, that wont work for the pre-tribbers

that's one of the reasons I'm not a pre tribber.

If there are no people whose names are in the book of life here on earth, then why would the writer even mention it.

"Everyone will worship the beast unless their names are written in the Book of Life."       " Oh, never mind all those people will have all been taken away...."                              makes no since to me at all.

Spock: I'm not a pre tribber either, but I won't say it is not possible. I think you can support it somewhat from the scriptures. I said, "somewhat." So don't stone me for thinking it is POSSIBLE.

You have to admit, a pre trib rapture could also catapult the AC to the foreground.

other one, that wont work for the pre-tribbers

that's one of the reasons I'm not a pre tribber.

If there are no people whose names are in the book of life here on earth, then why would the writer even mention it.

"Everyone will worship the beast unless their names are written in the Book of Life." " Oh, never mind all those people will have all been taken away...." makes no since to me at all.

In all fairness, there is an easy explanation for this one.

Let's assume there is a pre trib rapture. Ok.

The word says everyone will worship the beast unless their names are written in the book of life. Why can't the tribulation saints be that group? I think many scholars agree there will be many people coming to know The Lord during this period. And don't forget, even the angels will be flying around proclaiming the gospel message, not to mention the two witnesses in Israel that are getting daily coverage from CNN, and also doing some amazing tricks. People will be saved during this time and thus will have their names written in the book of life.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  2

Who's names are written in the Lamb's Book of Life?

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

The born again believers, the Christians, the Saints of the old and new testament , the heroes of faith in the Old Testament, all the believers through out history and the future.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

Ezekiel

No western nations, nor even Israel, is in that Ezekiel 38 list of nations that conspire to go up against Israel on the last day of this world.

Ezekiel 38 is not the battle of Armageddon on the last day of this world...      the two descriptions have two totally different outcomes.

The earthquake theme associated with the second coming is a very apparent across Revelation. 

In Joel 2 we have this northern army attacking Israel, and Israel repents on the day of the Lord, which ends this current age (its the second coming!). The nations then know God.

Then in Ezekiel 38/39 we also have this sinful Israel being attacked by the Northern army, they repent, there's a great earthquake and the nations then know God.  

Wow you guys... how similar do you need this to be before you recognise the Ezekiel war is Armageddon?? Its pretty obvious.

Hey Argosy,

I guess then you think Gog is the antichrist. Is that right? if not, who is he?

As for both earthquakes being the same, there are so many in scripture, it is not that simple.

Now for starters, read this in Ezekiel 38:

This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I am against you, Gog, chief prince of Meshek and Tubal. 4I will turn you around, put hooks in your jaws and bring you out with your whole army—your horses, your horsemen fully armed, and a great horde with large and small shields, all of them brandishing their swords. 5Persia, Cushc and Put will be with them, all with shields and helmets, 6also Gomer with all its troops, and Beth Togarmah from the far north with all its troops—the many nations with you.

7“ ‘Get ready; be prepared, you and all the hordes gathered about you, and take command of them. 8After many days you will be called to arms. In future years you will invade a land that has recovered from war, whose people were gathered from many nations to the mountains of Israel, which had long been desolate. They had been brought out from the nations, and now all of them live in safety. 9You and all your troops and the many nations with you will go up, advancing like a storm; you will be like a cloud covering the land.

On that day thoughts will come into your mind and you will devise an evil scheme. 11You will say, “I will invade a land of unwalled villages; I will attack a peaceful and unsuspecting people—all of them living without walls and without gates and bars

Spock: i can make several points showing you this is not Armageddon but I will make just one for now. ".....and now all of them live safely." No way will Israel be unwalled and UNSUSPECTING just prior to Armageddon. No way, no how.

There is no way Israel is living safely just before this battle. Don't forget, Armageddon follows the abomination of desolation. I'm sure you can't possibly believe this will be a time of peace for the Jews.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,135
  • Content Per Day:  0.69

The born again believers, the Christians, the Saints of the old and new testament , the heroes of faith in the Old Testament, all the believers through out history and the future.

ENOCH2010

True, Yet all are not the same/equal, except their names are written in the Lamb's Book of Life.  Some reign with Christ, others do not, some follow the Lamb and sing a new song which only they can understand. Others may have to hang on to the hem of one Jews robe, because he knows God is with them. 

In Christ

Montana Marv

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,173
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Ezekiel

No western nations, nor even Israel, is in that Ezekiel 38 list of nations that conspire to go up against Israel on the last day of this world.

Ezekiel 38 is not the battle of Armageddon on the last day of this world...      the two descriptions have two totally different outcomes.

The earthquake theme associated with the second coming is a very apparent across Revelation. 

In Joel 2 we have this northern army attacking Israel, and Israel repents on the day of the Lord, which ends this current age (its the second coming!). The nations then know God.

Then in Ezekiel 38/39 we also have this sinful Israel being attacked by the Northern army, they repent, there's a great earthquake and the nations then know God.  

Wow you guys... how similar do you need this to be before you recognise the Ezekiel war is Armageddon?? Its pretty obvious.

what are the outcomes for the two?    similar things can happen with different outcomes so one can separate the two.

You can look for similar settings for both wars, but God does not physically come here for the Ezekiel war, but causes things to happen.    For the final war he is here in person and instead of killing a portion of those opposing he kills them all......   among other things.

You think they are the same so you look for similarities, and myself thinking they are different look for differences.

Logic tells me that the difference approach will expose reality more reliably

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

Hey Argosy,

I guess then you think Gog is the antichrist. Is that right? if not, who is he?

As for both earthquakes being the same, there are so many in scripture, it is not that simple.

Now for starters, read this in Ezekiel 38:

This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I am against you, Gog, chief prince of Meshek and Tubal. 4I will turn you around, put hooks in your jaws and bring you out with your whole army—your horses, your horsemen fully armed, and a great horde with large and small shields, all of them brandishing their swords. 5Persia, Cushc and Put will be with them, all with shields and helmets, 6also Gomer with all its troops, and Beth Togarmah from the far north with all its troops—the many nations with you.

7“ ‘Get ready; be prepared, you and all the hordes gathered about you, and take command of them. 8After many days you will be called to arms. In future years you will invade a land that has recovered from war, whose people were gathered from many nations to the mountains of Israel, which had long been desolate. They had been brought out from the nations, and now all of them live in safety. 9You and all your troops and the many nations with you will go up, advancing like a storm; you will be like a cloud covering the land.

On that day thoughts will come into your mind and you will devise an evil scheme. 11You will say, “I will invade a land of unwalled villages; I will attack a peaceful and unsuspecting people—all of them living without walls and without gates and bars

Spock: i can make several points showing you this is not Armageddon but I will make just one for now. ".....and now all of them live safely." No way will Israel be uncalled and UNSUSPECTING just prior to Armageddon. No way, no how.

There is no way Israel is living safely just before this battle. Do

How does the abomination of desolation fit into all of this? Put it in your timeline.

Do you not see Armageddon at the end of Daniels 70th week? Put the Ezekiel war and AofD in your timeline.

Thanks.