tigger398

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

One shows he or she believes in Jesus by obeying him.  No one will ever enter the kingdom of God unless he or she live the whole Word of God.

(Matthew 7:21) “It is not those who say to me, ‘Lord, Lord’, who will enter the kingdom of Heaven but the person who does the will of My Father in Heaven.  When the day comes many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?’  Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, you evil men!”

15 Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. 16 You will [k]know them by their fruits. [l]Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they? 17 So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 So then, you will [m]know them by their fruits.

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22 Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many [n]miracles?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.’

If you read it in it's entirely you can see that this is pertaining to false teachers which back in Jesus day they were common and even now they lurk teaching false doctrine in the church by doing miracles and prophecies that are not from God.

Guest shiloh357

Is that so? YOU are totally wrong.  The following scripture explains how Paul talked to Christians who still sinned.

(1 Corinthians 3:1-3) “Brothers, I myself was unable to speak to you as people of the Spirit; I treated you as sensual men, still infants in Christ.  What I fed you with was milk, not solid food, for you were not ready for it; and indeed, you are still not ready for it since you are still unspiritual.  Isn’t that obvious from all the jealousy and wrangling that there is among you, from the way that you go on behaving like ordinary people?”

Yes, notice the contradiction in how you present this.  You have said over and over that a person who sins goes to hell.  A person who goes to hell isn't a Christian.  Chrsitians don't go to hell.  So to say these are Christians who sinned demonstrates an inconsistency in your statement.   If a person who sins goes to hell, then they can't be a Christians because according to you, Christians don't sin anymore. 

So were the Corinthians addressed above Christians or were they sinners who were going to hell?  And if they were sinners going to hell, why did Paul call them brothers?

Christian who sin are infants in Christ, not yet spiritual. 

Big problem because you have already said that people who commit a single sin go to hell.  So a person who sins isn't (according to all you have posted before on this thread) isn't an infant, but a sinner who goes to hell.   It appears that you are moving the goal posts and redefining what a Christian is.   To say that a Christian is just an infant in Christ  isn't the same as saying that a Christian who sins is going to hell.

If an infant in Christ is a person who sins and a person who sins goes to hell, then we are all going to hell.  By your standard, Paul went to to hell because he didn't forgive John Mark for a long time.

Here again is what Paul said: (1 Corinthians 5:11) “What I wrote was that you should not associate with a brother Christian who

is leading an immoral life, or is a usurer, or idolatrous, or a slanderer, or a drunkard or is dishonest; you should not even eat a meal with people like that.”

But again, if you notice he is talking about people who live that way as a lifestyle.  He is not talking about someone who stumbles occasionally in a sincere attempt to serve the Lord.

And by your own standard, you should not be associating with us because dishonesty is included in that list and you are dishonest in saying that you don't sin.  John said that if we say we have no sin, we are deceived and the truth is not in us.  The truth is not in you and we should not associate with you because you, by your standard are sinner for claiming you have no sin and are not telling the truth.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

~

Dear John

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:18

When Believers Fall Short Of The Glory Of God

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Romans 3:23

They Are Christians Yet No Holy Spirit?

In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory. Ephesians 1:13-14

Because They Sinned?

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 1 John 1:8

~

Brother John

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. 1 John 1:9-10

Stand Fast, Keep The Faith

As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us. Psalms 103:12

And Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. Jude 1:24-25

Love, Your Brother Joe

One shows he or she believes in Jesus by obeying him.  No one will ever enter the kingdom of God unless he or she live the whole Word of God.

(Matthew 7:21) “It is not those who say to me, ‘Lord, Lord’, who will enter the kingdom of Heaven but the person who does the will of My Father in Heaven.  When the day comes many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?’  Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, you evil men!”

Eph. 2:5

that even though we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God's grace that you have been saved!)

Wonderful grace !!

Romans 7 :23

But there is another power within me that is at war with my mind. This power makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me.

As born again  Christians we do not have the desire to sin--but it happens:(

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  127
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/19/1934

~

Dear John

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:18

When Believers Fall Short Of The Glory Of God

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Romans 3:23

They Are Christians Yet No Holy Spirit?

In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory. Ephesians 1:13-14

Because They Sinned?

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 1 John 1:8

~

Brother John

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. 1 John 1:9-10

Stand Fast, Keep The Faith

As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us. Psalms 103:12

And Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. Jude 1:24-25

Love, Your Brother Joe

Eph. 2:5

that even though we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God's grace that you have been saved!)

Wonderful grace !!

Romans 7 :23

But there is another power within me that is at war with my mind. This power makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me.

As born again  Christians we do not have the desire to sin--but it happens:(

Do you believe that your out of context verses make what John said null and void?

(1 John 3: 5 - 6) “ Now you know that He appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in Him there is no sin; anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen Him or known Him.” 

John told us that if one sins then he or she has never seen nor knows Jesus.  Is John wrong?

(1 John 2:6) “But if anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did”

Do you believe Jesus sinned?  If Jesus did not sin then any one who claims to live in Jesus does not sin either, right?

(1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”

John tells us that if one sins he or she are of the devil.  Think about that.  If the persons who taught you about God sinned, then you have been taught God by the devil.

(1 John 3:9) “No one, who has been begotten by God sins; because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.”

John tells us that those who have been begotten by God don't sin.  Are not born again Christian considered to be begotten by God.  John tells us they can't sin.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

Ecclesiastes 7:20 “For there is not a just man on earth who does good And does not sin.

The only good we can do is through Jesus ,the Holy Spirit will convict us of sin and in Jesus we are not sinners any more but a Holy nation living in a sinful body until we see our Savior!

Thank you Jesus for saving a sinner like me!

Amen?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

We cannot become so self righteous to believe we are without sin.

1 John 1:5-10

This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

John told us that if one sins then he or she has never seen nor knows Jesus.  Is John wrong?

John is not wrong. But the way you are reading the scripture is wrong. I feel that if you think true Christians can not sin, that you are heading for a fall. If Christians could never sin ever again once becoming Christians, then there will be no need for a Christian to attend church, to read the Bible, or even to pray. No reason to grow more in our faith or become closer to God. I have no ideal just how you got the ideal that Christians can not sin. God has never taken away our free will. Franky this is the most bizarre notion I have ever heard.

Guest shiloh357

Do you believe that your out of context verses make what John said null and void?

(1 John 3: 5 - 6) “ Now you know that He appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in Him there is no sin; anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen Him or known Him.” 

The verse she presented doesn't make John's words null and void.  It makes what YOU say null and void and it makes how you handle the Scriptures null and void.

(1 John 2:6) “But if anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did”

John did not say if we seen we never knew Jesus.  You are misrepresenting John.   John is saying that when we live in obedience to God's commands, our obedience is fruit that demonstrates that we are genuine believers.   In that verse there is NO claim that committing one sin means we never knew Jesus. 

Do you believe Jesus sinned?  If Jesus did not sin then any one who claims to live in Jesus does not sin either, right?

(1 John 3:8) “He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”

Again, the Bible doesn't say that if you are in Christ you will never, ever sin again.  You are saying things that are not in the Bible.  Again, you need to learn how to read the Bible, because you have no real skill in how to handle God's words.

Paul was in Jesus but Paul sinned when he held unforgiveness against John Mark.   Did Paul never know Jesus?   Was Paul not in Christ?

John tells us that if one sins he or she are of the devil.  Think about that.  If the persons who taught you about God sinned, then you have been taught God by the devil.

(1 John 3:9) “No one, who has been begotten by God sins; because God’s seed remains inside him, he cannot sin when he has been begotten by God.”

Paul sinned and he said so.  Paul teaches about God but Paul sinned against John Mark.   Were the epistles of Paul written by the devil?  According to your false teachings, if you read Paul and do what is said in Paul's eplstles, you have been taught by the devil.   It would mean that all of the Churches Paul started were of the devil.   So is that where you want to go with this?

John tells us that those who have been begotten by God don't sin.  Are not born again Christian considered to be begotten by God.  John tells us they can't sin.

Nope.  You have it all wrong.  You are telling nothing but lies and we reject your teachings.  It is YOU are teaching things of the devil.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

1Peter 5

10But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

I see this verse as once you have accepted God (Jesus) you are a christian by that accepting

right then;

and ONE will suffer (fight with sin ) for a while THEN God will make you perfect, stablish, strengthen,

settle you.

This verse seems to be saying one will sin for a while after the acceptance of God (Jesus) as ones savior. And that while you are fighting the fight you are a Christian because you already accepted God (Jesus) as your savior.

John

Of sin, because they believe not on me; John 16:9

Will You Quite Your Sin Filled Boasting And Just Believe?

Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, t

o declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness:

that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Where is boasting then?

It is excluded.

By what law?

of works?

Nay: but by the law of faith.

Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. Romans 3:25-28

Or

And this is the Father's will which hath sent me,

that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing,

but should raise it up again at the last day. John 6:39

Will You Keep It Up

For men shall be lovers of their own selves,

covetous, boasters,

proud,

blasphemers,

disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers,

incontinent, fierce,

despisers of those that are good,

Traitors,

heady,

highminded,

lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 2 Timothy 3:2-5

Will You?

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light,

we have fellowship one with another,

and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins,

and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we say that we have not sinned,

we make him a liar,

and his word is

not in us. 1 John 1:7-10

~

(1 John 3: 5 - 6) “Now you know that He appeared in order to abolish sin, and that in Him there is no sin; anyone who lives in God does not sin, and anyone who sins has never seen Him or known Him.” 

~

Well Dear John,

And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed,

which men deliver to one that is learned, saying,

Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:

And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee:

and he saith, I am not learned. Isaiah 29:11-12

There You Go Again

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. John 6:47

Not Hearing The Words Of Jesus

He that believeth on him is not condemned:

but he that believeth not is condemned already,

because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:18

Nor Understanding

But God commendeth his love toward us,

in that, while we were yet sinners,

Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

The Love

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead,

and the prince of the kings of the earth.

Unto him that loved us,

and washed us from our sins in his own blood, Revelation 1:5

Of God

Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

But with the precious blood of Christ,

as of a lamb without blemish

and without spot: 1 Peter 1:19

Nor The Nature Of Your Sin

Of sin, because they believe not on me; John 16:9

~

Believe

Not by works of righteousness which we have done,

but according to his mercy he saved us,

by the washing of regeneration, and

renewing of the Holy Ghost; Titus 3:5 (ESV)

Believe

But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord,

because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation

through sanctification by the Spirit

and faith in the truth. 2 Thessalonians 2:13 (ESV)

And Be Blessed Beloved

And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.

He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.

These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God,

so that you may know that you have eternal life. 1 John 5:11-13 (NASB)

Love, Joe

~

Beloved?

I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? Luke 18:8

Love, Joe