• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  127
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/19/1934

He not only taught me that but explained to me how he made it possible for Christians to not sin.

Jesus/Holy Spirit will never lead one to sin, and if a person follows God they will always receive the grace to resist Satan/sin.

John, this is true and Biblical so I hope all Christians would believe this as well. I would also add that we as Christians should hate sin for it undermines the high calling of Jesus Christ, our witness to Him and the ministry.

No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. - 1Corinthians 10:13

However, I believe the only point we differ on is that if anyone does fail and sins we do have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ our Lord who is also our Savior. Praise be His Name!

My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

1John 2:1

I am glad you have had such victory over sin in your life. As I've stated before I've never known a Christian who admits to no sin and actually does not sin. I've met many who by the world's standards were pure as the driven snow but when asked they confess they struggle with sin. My experience has been the closer we become to Christ the more we see sins that our pride has hidden from initial view. Awareness then leads to confession. This is the process of sanctification - the Lord working through us. I believe while we are in this world we are not yet perfected but that He is working on us to perfect who we are in Him.

May the Lord give us all wisdom in this area and may God bless you

In Jesus Name, Pat

If I would deliberately commit a sin, then there would never be a place for me in the kingdom of God.  Also Jesus/Holy Spirit always lets me know if I am in any danger of committing any wrong doing.

One who allows the Holy Spirit to dictate to him or her, and has a personal relationship with Jesus our Lord and God, will become perfect.  

God will lead his own to live the whole Word of God, and then such a person becomes a home of God's.  There is no sin in the kingdom of God/God's home.

(Hebrews 10:26-31) “If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them.  There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies.-----“

(John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep my word and my Father will love him, and we shall come to him and make a home in him.”

i think 1 Corin 3: 15 fits in here

If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

so you said if anyone sins they are not saved, that sounds different than this verse

Saved from what to what?  People make assumption that when scripture says saved it means saved people will go to Heaven.  That is only an assumption.  Show me I am wrong using the written Word of God.

....Saved from what to what....

....People make assumption that when scripture says saved it means saved people will go to Heaven....

....That is only an assumption.....

....Show me I am wrong using the written Word of God....

~

Hi John

As the Scriptures say, “No one is righteous—not even one. No one is truly wise; no one is seeking God. All have turned away; all have become useless. No one does good, not a single one.” Romans 3:10-12 (NLT)

These Are Wonderful Questions

For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. Romans 3:23 (NLT)

You May Not Know This But It Is The Holy Spirit That Opens The Eyes

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23 (NLT)

Of The Sinner To His Filth

But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. Romans 5:8 (NLT)

And Of The Gift

If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. Romans 10:9-10

Jesus Offers To The Dead Man Walking

“Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” Romans 10:13

My Prayer Is That You Will Give Up That Evil Illusion Of Self Perfection

Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. Romans 5:1 (NLT)

And Turn To Jesus For His Righteousness

So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. Romans 8:1

Before Your Soul Leaves

And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39 (NLT)

Your Body

“Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. John 14:1-3 (NLT)

Be Blessed Beloved

And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him. Hebrews 11:6 (NLT)

Love, Joe

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  127
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/19/1934

....Saved from what to what....

....People make assumption that when scripture says saved it means saved people will go to Heaven....

....That is only an assumption.....

....Show me I am wrong using the written Word of God....

~

Hi John

As the Scriptures say, “No one is righteous—not even one. No one is truly wise; no one is seeking God. All have turned away; all have become useless. No one does good, not a single one.” Romans 3:10-12 (NLT)

These Are Wonderful Questions

For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. Romans 3:23 (NLT)

You May Not Know This But It Is The Holy Spirit That Opens The Eyes

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23 (NLT)

Of The Sinner To His Filth

But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. Romans 5:8 (NLT)

And Of The Gift

If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. Romans 10:9-10

Jesus Offers To The Dead Man Walking

“Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” Romans 10:13

My Prayer Is That You Will Give Up That Evil Illusion Of Self Perfection

Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. Romans 5:1 (NLT)

And Turn To Jesus For His Righteousness

So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. Romans 8:1

Before Your Soul Leaves

And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39 (NLT)

Your Body

“Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. John 14:1-3 (NLT)

Be Blessed Beloved

And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him. Hebrews 11:6 (NLT)

Love, Joe

Nothing you quoted says John is wrong.  In fact almost every verse is taken out of context and does not address anything John said about sinning.

You have just quoted verses to make it seem like no matter what one does of does not do they will enter the kingdom of God any way.

Jesus told us that is a big lie.

Jesus made it very clear in the following verse who it is that will be in Heaven with God.  Only those who do the will of the Father in Heaven will enter God’s kingdom.  The will of the Father is to hear, and obey our lord Jesus Christ.

God the Father told the apostles to listen to Jesus, and one may not believe that means obey.  The following verse tells us that the only way one will ever enter the kingdom of God is to obey what Jesus taught.

(Matthew 7:21) “It is not those who say to me, ‘Lord, Lord’, who will enter the kingdom of Heaven but the person who does the will of My Father in Heaven.  When the day comes many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, cast out demons in your name, work many miracles in your name?’  Then I shall tell them to their faces: I have never known you; away from me, you evil men!”

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

This thread needs a serious break.  Much great advice has been given.  Perhaps it is time to read the words presented and not think about a reply.  Please do not start another thread that echoes this one or it will be closed.