fire-heart

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

I met my wife at a singles Sunday night bible study and prayer night. I would think there might be a few fired up young believing gals in something like that.

In fact, it was while she was praying that my spirit inside of me leapt for joy, much like when baby john the baptizer saw baby Jesus coming. (Big grin)

My point: why force the moment when it can just flow naturally?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  493
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

thanks all for your imput. As it turns out i think i need to put aside a girl for now and focuse on God regardless if there is good free christian dating site or not I just need to stay on the path im on

That is a very wise choice. Get to know God , strengthen your relationship with Him, and when the time is right, He will let you know. Think of it this way. If you can't deal with a relationship with God correctly, why would He trust you with one of his children?

Very well said, OneLight. Got myself challenged by that.

On the other hand, I fervently hope that God is very careful too and demanding about entrusting ME to someone :)

~

You should NEVER meet someone off the internet. Do you know how easy it is to go on face book, print screen control copy and crop out some attractive persons picture, and then make up some line about who they are, when in fact they may just be completly looney tunes and want to stab/rape/tourture/kill you. I do not say this to frighten you only to shed some light on whats really going on. When the internet first got popular it was a common saying to never ever meet someone off the internet. Many have found out the hard way. Call me parinoid all you want but not everyone has morals.

Besides God dont need help and when he brings two people together, He literaly puts them in the same geographical spot.

Yes, and I've been wondering how God would do this with me, when the one I'm hoping for is literally on the other side of the world.... OOOPS!

~

I met my wife at a singles Sunday night bible study and prayer night. I would think there might be a few fired up young believing gals in something like that.

In fact, it was while she was praying that my spirit inside of me leapt for joy, much like when baby john the baptizer saw baby Jesus coming. (Big grin)

My point: why force the moment when it can just flow naturally?

And did your pointy ears burned red too? I thought Vulcans don't show emotions. Oh yes, I remember now, you're only half-Vulcan. Must be pretty romantic then, your half-human side :biggrin2:

~

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I met my wife on Worthy. Main thing is that neither of us were looking for a partner, we were both happily single. I was not an admin, I was a member at the time. But over a period of years it was obvious that God was in the relationship. We chatted, wrote, used Skype (4 hours a night), (She was in Columbia teaching, and me in South Africa), then we met for the first time (she flew to South Africa), a few more visits, a break where we both spent a few weeks with no contact while we prayed and meditated on the Word.

Then she flew here and we were married. Then we flew to the Philippines to meet her family.

My situation was unique, but it does happen. I would never have considered going onto a christian dating site (although it might work for some if God is in the details). 

I met my wife on Worthy. Main thing is that neither of us were looking for a partner, we were both happily single. I was not an admin, I was a member at the time. But over a period of years it was obvious that God was in the relationship. We chatted, wrote, used Skype (4 hours a night), (She was in Columbia teaching, and me in South Africa), then we met for the first time (she flew to South Africa), a few more visits, a break where we both spent a few weeks with no contact while we prayed and meditated on the Word.

Then she flew here and we were married. Then we flew to the Philippines to meet her family.

My situation was unique, but it does happen. I would never have considered going onto a christian dating site (although it might work for some if God is in the details).

Wow, great story Fez. I would use FaceTime too, just so there are no surprises. If I may piggyback off your Skype remark, I remember meeting a gal by accident over the phone (wrong number if you could believe that), and we talked for hours. We actually hit it off quite nicely. Well, when we started to describe ourselves to each other, she told me what her figure measurements were. after hearing that, my interest perked up even more. So, we made a date. Well, I will admit, she got the top number right and probably the third, but the second number was, shall we say, a wee bit deflated. We never had a second date because I told her I couldn't trust her if she already lied to me. (For those truly interested in details, I was not a believer at this time.)

And yes Dak, thank you for remembering even Spock is half human. So many people forget that small detail.

thanks all for your imput. As it turns out i think i need to put aside a girl for now and focuse on God regardless if there is good free christian dating site or not I just need to stay on the path im on

For the record, I am NOT saying using Christian Mingle or similar is wrong, because it is not. I also don't believe God can't use that method to bring you Miss Right. All things are possible with God. He can choose to his method at his time, that is his prerogative.

I merely advocate something a wee bit more tangible, like meeting people in a church setting or bible study or prayer meeting, etc.

I can see where a place like CM can be useful. If I say I am looking for a born again woman in this age parameter, with these interests, etc, and they can pop out a list for me to interview, that might be fun too.

Just curious, why does it have to be free? I mean, they do have costs to bear sorting out Miss Right for you. Do you think it fair they lose money for your benefit? A laborer is worth their wages, it's not a ministry. Read Paul's letters, you don't work, you don't eat. These people have to eat too.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

For the record, I am NOT saying using Christian Mingle or similar is wrong, because it is not. I also don't believe God can't use that method to bring you Miss Right. All things are possible with God. He can choose to his method at his time, that is his prerogative.

I merely advocate something a wee bit more tangible, like meeting people in a church setting or bible study or prayer meeting, etc.

I can see where a place like CM can be useful. If I say I am looking for a born again woman in this age parameter, with these interests, etc, and they can pop out a list for me to interview, that might be fun too.

Just curious, why does it have to be free? I mean, they do have costs to bear sorting out Miss Right for you. Do you think it fair they lose money for your benefit? A laborer is worth their wages, it's not a ministry. Read Paul's letters, you don't work, you don't eat. These people have to eat too.

lol very valid question spock, You see because of my brain damage I have trouble following the simplest orders It took a very long time to remember to take my morning medicine. i cannot ever drive and thus transportation to a job is impossible,I get a 700 dollar disability check but my mom doesnt let me have any of it so not only am I basically trapped in my own house 24/7 But I cannot work and dont recieve mooney from my check so I rarely get money at all

Fire,

In that case you will probably want a LOW MAINTENANCE woman.. I think there are a few of those walking around out there.. My wife for one doesn't even like to set foot in MALLS! She wears her clothes until people ask her if she needs any money to buy new clothes. Lol

On a more serious note, do you feel ok to discuss the cause of your brain damage.. Bummer. Just concerned.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  386
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/20/1991

Fire,

In that case you will probably want a LOW MAINTENANCE woman.. I think there are a few of those walking around out there.. My wife for one doesn't even like to set foot in MALLS! She wears her clothes until people ask her if she needs any money to buy new clothes. Lol

On a more serious note, do you feel ok to discuss the cause of your brain damage.. Bummer. Just concerned.

yes I am comfortable about it. do you know the front part of your brain and what it controls? all I know is that it has something to with memory i dont know what else it controls. Well that part of my brain is damaged Idk if its severly or not as i cannot remember but Its possible it was damaged twice the first from my birth mom she was severly abusive and drugged me a lot as a child. we know that the radiation I recieved and Chemo therapy not only damaged it but damaged my body as well. So I have the body of a 15 year old and mind of one because of that plus many medical issues and limitations

I have bad memory and my mind cannot handle very much info or I basically shut down and cant hardly even think. If a task is to difficult I simply cannot do it because my mind basically say shuts down and creates a wall where nothing can get in.

However when it comes to god that brain limitation does not exist I can read scripture and understand the hidden meaning most ppl are blind to I can easily recall scripture and i can look into the heart of God and see who he is i can see his nature his glorly his love his power I can look at ppl not with my eyes but his eyes and see how valuable they are to him what treasures they are to him and how deeply he loves and care for even the most vile of person

in that moment My heart and his heart become one,The beautiful treasures they are to him they are to me how valuable each person is to him- even more so than his throne they are to me how deeply he loves and cares for them so do I. when he weeps for them if Our hearts connect like that I weep to not even knowing why I just weep with such a deep soul cutting sadness.

Its no mystery to me why I am burdened with issues and a painful unfair life, I became weak in the ways of the world to be strong in his. he gave me different eyes than mine I see with my heart I listen with my heart and when my deep feelings such as love sadness wearyness that my lips cannot express my heart can. your heart has eyes ears lips and even extending hands to connect to God and ppl that otherwise isnt possible