• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

My words in BLUE -

@Salty

The danger of your interpretation, declaring that JERUSALEM is that GREAT CITY BABYLON is actually paving the way for the final betrayal of Israel in the Middle East.

Sorry, but that is an absolutely ignorant statement. The betrayal per God's Word is how those who worship there when Antichrist comes will give their power to him, just as Christ showed John in Rev.17 about the beast kings and the ten kings. And He said there it will happen because it is God's will. And neither you nor I, nor anyone else can go against God on these things.

So Who do you dishonor by saying folks like myself by my interpretation will be the cause of Jerusalem's fall into false worship by Antichrist just prior to Christ's coming? Not me, but our Heavenly Father and His Son is dishonored by what you've said there. So instead of trying to find some convenient place to put the blame for the coming end time events upon Jerusalem, you instead might consider getting more into God's Word about it, praying to Him, and asking to show you why He is causing it to happen.

I'm afriad you alone do not hold the sole interpretation of scripture nor are you God, or a prophet mentioned in the bible to proclaim or demand your interpretation is exactly what will happen. Unless you can see in the future and know this as fact? So all we are left with is our opinions on how things will pan out giving the evidence we are given to come up based on reasonability. To mock my assumptions is to mock your own assumptions...

I see now it's time for the 'attempt to discredit' thing that usually happens after one has failed to disprove the Scripture evidence given in a debate.

When the believer stays... in God's Word as written, and prays to God for understanding in His Word, that never makes the person a prophet, nor a god, nor a sorcerer or seer, etc. It's God's gift of understanding that He gives freely to all who ask Him that worship Him 'in spirit and in truth', and that keep the patience of His Word instead of flocking to a bunch of doctrines of men to play religion. He even does this will little children who ask Him!

As mentioned you have a problem if you view Babylon fulfilled its distruction

A list of your problems

The Current Ruins of Babylon Have Been Used to Build Other Cities. is this Contrary to Jeremiah 51 v.6 - Jeremiah predicted of Babylon, "They shall not take from you a stone for a corner nor a stone for a foundation, but you shall be desolate forever."  It is reliably reported that at least six cities bear the marks of ancient Babylon in their buildings: Hillah, just a 20 minute walk from ancient Babylon, built almost entirely from Babylon's ruins

The Prophecies of Jeremiah and Isaiah Indicate That Babylon Will be Suddenly and Totally Obliterated - "Babylon is suddenly fallen and destroyed" says the prophet in Jeremiah 51 v.8. And Isaiah 13 v.19 states, - And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldeans' Excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom & Gomorrah.

History reveals the city was never destroyed in the way these Hebrew prophets predicted it would be. We know that Babylon existed during the time of Christ, for Peter wrote his epistle from there. (1 Peter 5 v.13) As late as 917 AD it was a small village.

Isaiah 13:20 States That the Ruins of Babylon are Never to be Inhabited - The prophet declared of the devastated Babylon, "it will never be inhabited, nor will it be settled from generation to generation; nor will the Arabian pitch tents there, nor will the shepherds make their sheepfolds there." But we know that Babylon was inhabited for much of the ancient history even after the Medes and Persians conquered the Babylonian Empire. In fact, one writer records that about 1100 AD, under the name of Hillah, Babylon was enlarged and fortified; in 1898 Hillah boasted ten thousand inhabitants.

You're just dreaming, because you know you have to try and prove geographical Babylon is something more than it has been since God passed judgment upon her centuries ago. Sadam's failure to resurrect Babylon ought to be another grand lesson to you from our Heavenly Father, but it's clear you have yet to get His Message. If you are in Jerusalem in our near future when the "abomination of desolation" from the Book of Daniel which Jesus quoted is set up there in false idol worship by the coming Antichrist, I wonder just where you will 'stand' at that time?

I would employ you to follow your own advice "It would help if you studied more of your Bible history", in fact history in general.

Regarding Daniels prophecy

I don't have issues with the Antichrist going into Jerusalem and serenade himself and conquring Jerusalem by peace.

If you read Isaiah 14 carefully, asking our Heavenly Father to understand it, you may discover He was pointing to Lucifer as the coming Antichrist to Jerusalem, and our Heavenly Father there referred to him as "the king of Babylon". So the paradox we have here with your thinking, is that you've yet to understand how the coming Antichrist to Jerusalem to setup false worship at the end, will be the very role of the historical king of Babylon, i.e., Nebuchadnezzar, who setup what for Daniel and his fellows to bow down in false worship to at the sound of the psalter? No need for the geographical city of Babylon to be raised for that, because Jerusalem is where Lucifer desires to be God, and worshipped as God. He is coming there, in person.

Babylon. So does that mean the Jews in Jerusalem are going to be transported to geographical Babylon just so the events of the end can play out? No, not hardly

Again based on your opinion and why not? We are to enter the Tribulation and  then the Great Tribulation....do you not think that concentration camps will be established for those who dont accept the mark of the beast and 1 third of the Jews will survive? 

Why won't that happen? Simple, because nowhere in Scripture does God warn about another 70 years literal captivity to geographical Babylon. That we can be sure of, is not written. But would those who so want the Rev. Babylon to be somewhere else other than Jerusalem want evidence for that? Of course they would. With that kind of mindset against what The LORD has foretold us will occur in the last days, why should He show them anything?

Luke 21:12 But before all this they will lay their hands on you and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues and prisons, and you will be brought before kings and governors for my name’s sake. 

For then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will (Matthew 24:21).

“And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate.” (Daniel 9:24-27).

“Now at that time Michael, the great prince who stands guard over the sons of your people, will arise. And there will be a time of distress such as never occurred since there was a nation until that time; and at that time your people, everyone who is found written in the book, will be rescued (Daniel 12:1).

“It will come about in all the land,” Declares the Lord, “That two parts in it will be cut off and perish; But the third will be left in it. “And I will bring the third part through the fire, Refine them as silver is refined, And test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, And I will answer them; I will say, ‘They are My people,’ And they will say, ‘The Lord is my God’ (Zechariah 13:8-9).

So is it hard to  conclude that jews could be transported to the rebuilt babylon to be exacuted? You cant really answer no...since you cant see the future to state otherwise as fact.

One of the definite wrong interpretation mistakes you are doing is with thinking the coming tribulation involves only the Jews, or Jerusalem and just its nearby surrounding peoples. No, it's going to engulf the whole earth, not just a small section of it. All... nations, all peoples, will be subjected to the trials by the coming Antichrist and his servants via his image of the beast false worship. His workers exist in all... nations. Maybe you're forgetting that the majority of believers on Christ Jesus, called Christians, are not even located in the middleast? But really, the worse thing you're forgetting is that Christ gave that warning of trials about those of His Church, not the orthodox unbelieving Jews who reject Him as The Messiah!

An Ancient Rabbinic Rule of Interpretation Says That When the Bible mentions an Event Twice, it means the Event Will Happen Twice - Both Isaiah & the apostle John use the same double verbs to describe its destruction: Babylon is fallen, is fallen! And all the carved images of her gods He has broken to the ground! (Isaiah 21 v.9)

Since the word "fallen" is used twice in each of these passages, the rabbinic rule demands that the city fall twice. But if it is to fall again, it must first be rebuilt.

Isa 14:22-26

Please go to Isa 14:4 4That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, ( is this going to be now a metopher?) 

Yes, it IS... now going to be a "metopher" (actually metaphor). Same idea as a parable. It's to show that God was not literally speaking of the historical "king of Babylon" like I said before. Instead read "Lucifer" (KJV) or Satan, or that old serpent, the devil, etc., for he has many titles in God's Word, the king of Babylon being just one of them per that Isaiah 14 chapter.

Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities. 22 For I will rise up against them, saith the LORD of hosts, and cut off from Babylon the name, and remnant, and son, and nephew, saith the LORD (FROM Babylon)

That I will break the Assyrian in my land, and upon my mountains tread him under foot: then shall his yoke depart from off them, and his burden depart from off their shoulders. (occupying the conqured land of Israel)

If it's Lucifer as the coming Antichrist to Jerusalem to setup false worship with the "abomination of desolation" idol, a type of repeat of what ole' Neb did in Daniel's days. then WHERE does that make the end time city of Babylon? Answer: JERUSALEM. When the Antichrist does that as written, in Jerusalem, that's what will make Jerusalem the Babylon Harlot city of our Lord's Jesus' Book of Revelation. There's your king of Babylon in the last days, simple as that.

Like our Heavenly Father said there, He will break "the Assyrian" (another title for Satan), "in My land" and "upon My mountains". God's land and mountains certainly are NOT... in geographic Babylon, but in Jerusalem! Don't see how you could miss that little point. Do you hate me for pointing that out to you directly from God's Word, even using your own Scripture quote?

Or maybe you think there's going to be another king in geographical Babylon with more... power than that Antichrist that we know is coming to do those things in Jerusalem? No, not hardly, But it would probably be wishful thinking per your interpretation. Sorry, it's about Jerusalem, and our Heavenly Father and His Son already showed us. We just need to listen to Him in His Holy Writ.

Well, one could also say that about the island Tyrus too that God passed judgment upon, simply because there's still fishermen casting nets off it. It's all relative,

No just really bad interpretation, using the destruction of Tyrus really doesnt help your case

Ezekiel 26:3-5, “Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against thee, O Tyrus, and will cause many nations to come up against thee, as the sea causeth his waves to come up.  And they shall destroy the walls of Tyrus, and break down her towers: I will also scrape her dust from her, and make her like the top of a rock. It shall be a place for the spreading of nets in the midst of the sea: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord GOD: and it shall become a spoil to the nations.”

will because there is simply still fishermaen casting their nets there is simply because God  said they would simply cast their nets there....

So im really not understanding your point?

That was in response to your previous post attempt to show how geographical Babylon is still some sort of use today, when it's still in a ruin, especially compared to its status in ancient times before God passed judgment upon it and with Isaiah saying historically, "Babylon is fallen, is fallen."

• Group:  Diamond Member

The `7 hills/mountains,` are not physical areas, the Lord explains what they are in His word.

`The 7 heads are 7 mountains on which the woman sits & they are 7 kings....` (Rev. 17: 9 & 10)

The `woman` is symbolic & so are the `mountains,` on which she sits. God has given us the interpretation that they are 7 kings/leaders of the world system. They rule one after the other consecutively - 5 fallen/gone, one is & one to come.

(note some Bibles have not written those scriptures correctly & that has caused the confusion I think.)

Wait a minute, that's not how my Bible reads. And the Greek primary particle "And" in Rev.17:10 is there in the manuscripts, separating the two subjects of the seven heads, and then the seven kings. There's even an easier way to know the KJV is accurate on this I'll explain further down.

Rev 17:9-10

9    And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.

10    And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.

(KJV)

The subject of verse 9 is about the "seven heads" as "seven mountains", STOP.

The subject of verse 10 about "seven kings" is about different TIME PERIODS, i.e., those 7 kings each manifest at different times, not together at the same time.

5 of those 7 kings had already fallen, meaning were past history. The "one is" was the 6th king which means in Apostle John's days. The 7th king was still yet to come in John's days.

Later in Rev.17:12-13 about the "ten horns" as "ten kings", the ten DO all manifest at the same time, along with the final beast king which a 'beast king' in absolute power is the actual subject from verse 10 & 11. Per the Daniel 7 prophecy, that's about the "little horn" that comes up from among the ten horns.

Edited by Salty

Hi Oakwood,

Yes it is a rather difficult thing to see. I used to think the religious aspect of Babylon was the different religions coming together, which they are, however of late I have seen something. The city of Babylon houses the Religious & Economic aspects, for we see those areas being judged in the city, in Rev. 17 & 18.

Now the religious aspect, `the woman,` is `the Mother of Prostitutes.` Who are these `prostitutes,` they are the false religions of the world & they are joining hands as it were, being tolerant, inclusive, respectful of each other`s differences, etc etc. So who is helping them to come together? Whose beliefs are over riding all the others? Who is the `mother prostitute` of all the others?

That would the coming Antichrist when he places the "abomination of desolation" idol in Jerusalem, doing the same kind of thing the king of Babylon did, except in Jerusalem this time. Just as Apostle Paul warned...

II Th 2:4

4    Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

(KJV)

My words in BLUE -

Salty

If Jerusalm is the Mother of all Harlots...The problem is the “mother of all Harlots influenced all nations, that includes Israel. Your already in contradiction.

No, the contradiction will be the coming pseudo-Christ sitting in a temple there in Jerusalem, exalting himself in place of God, working great signs and miracles that will deceive the majority of the whole world into believing that he is... God. Of course that applies to the orthodox unbelieving Jews there being in that deception, even agreeing with that pseudo-Christ. Most of them, nor the majority of the world will really know that pseudo-Christ is a fake though, and that's what Apostle Paul's mention of God sending a "strong delusion" is about.

Your problem is similarity does not make Identity which your blatantly doing in a very demanding way. Identifying Babylon as Jerusalem completely contradicts the OT foundation upon which the destruction of Babylon set forth within the book of Revelation stands...which you completely deny and hide behind “metaphor” and similarities.

By now I have given so much Biblical evidence that the Revelation Babylon harlot is about Jerusalem fallen into false worship by the coming Antichrist, that those who never considered such a thing have a chance at understanding why our Heavenly Father is allowing that to occur for the end of this world. So I'm not forcing that idea upon anyone, it's each person's choice to believe whatever they want. But the real matter is whether it is God's Word or not, and so far opinion here has not been able to disprove what I've covered directly from God's Holy Writ about it. In that respect, it's really that part of God's Word that is hidden from you, not me hiding behind anything.

If language means anything, you cannot simply reverse the meaning of numerous passages of Scripture to suit your own predilection! 

Funny, I was going to say the same thing about what you've been doing with trying to force the events for the end involving Jerusalem that is written in God's Word into another place, like geographical Babylon instead. You all's suppositions about geographic Babylon are interesting, but they don't fit the events The LORD gave about the coming Antichrist and his seat in Jerusalem for the end of this world. Nor does it fit where Christ returns to defeat His enemies and take reign.

Between the OT and the NT, you completely reverse the meaning of words. Israel no longer means the nation of Israel,  Babylon no longer means the city on the banks of the Euphrates River in the land of Shinar, but now is to be read as Jerusalem?

This is simply a warped twisted spin on replacement theology!!!!

I think anyone reading in honesty what I've covered from God's Word can immediately see God's pointers to Jerusalem as the Rev. Babylon for the end, especially if they understand who God is pointing directly to in the Isaiah 14 Scripture with the title "king of Babylon" as a symbolic metaphor for the coming Antichrist to Jerusalem. And that's not even bringing into account the prophecies He directly linked to the Rev. events from the Book of Daniel about that coming Antichrist.

But all you've done with this post is turn to attempts to discredit, when you've already shown you have no leg to stand on with your theory. I really wonder what the unbelieving will come up with next to try and get God's Word away from pointing directly to the Jerusalem events involving the coming Antichrist and placing of the "abomination of desolation" in a temple there? You clearly show no interest in addressing those specific events of false worship in Jerusalem involving that coming Antichrist and the "abomination of desolation" Jesus warned of.

You're just dreaming,

Your denial of which are revealed concerning Babylon, such as the permanence of her destruction, Babylon will never be inhabited again, goes to show you are willing to ignore blatant scriptural and historical evidence that undermines your entire argument.

I'm not the one denying what God's Word is teaching about the coming false worship in Jerusalem by the coming Antichrist for the end of this world, with God pointing to it symbolically as Babylon. My denial of your 'theory' about the Rev. Babylon pointer being some other place than Jerusalem is not a denial of God's Holy Writ, it's simply a denial of your theory.

• 1 Peter 5 v.13
  • And Babylon was active till 1100AD

Since 1 Peter 5:13 was about a CHRISTIAN Church in the area of Babylon in Peter's days, how does that prove geographical Babylon was still an empire like in Daniel's days? It does not, so now you're just trying to pull rabbits out of your hat, when it's really frogs.

What I love about your argument and use of Ezekiel 26:3-5 God states specifically what happend to the destruction of Tyrus and specifically states It shall be a place for the spreading of nets in the midst of the sea:

Goes to show God fulfils his entire judgement to the letter “T” ALL of it, not 50% not 80% not 99.9% but 100%, Your argument must lead me to now accept that God destroys a city “relatively”.  Come on lets be honest here, really?

The main difference with those OT prophecies is how you've failed to understand the repeat is not about geographic Babylon again, but Jerusalem when the false messiah arrives there. This matter does not stand as an argument about a city or geography alone, it includes a whole lot of Scripture The LORD gave us about the vanity state of Jerusalem for the end because of the abominations the Antichrist is to do there. Christ's Revelation was given to specifically show us what He gave those OT prophets to write about concerning this end, with one example of that being how He used Babylon as a symbol for the final end of all false worship over the whole world by the Antichrist from Jerusalem, just prior to His coming.

So, shall we go over God's "proverb" in Isaiah 14 pointing to "Lucifer" as the "king of Babylon" for the end, once again? Relativity works, as Einstein found out.

In otherwords God doesn’t have to do everything he says in his prophecies just as long as its relative according to your view...Yet throughout the entire bible God fulfils his entire prophesies to the full, EVERY single letter and word of it.

Now again I must accept God fulfils some scriptures to its fullest and others half heartedly. 

I wouldn't agree with your usage of "half heartedly". But in God's Word there is such a thing as multiple fulfillment of a prophecy, yet only in full in final fulfillment. Until the final fulfillment some parameters of the prophecy show they're still yet to come to pass. The comparison of our Lord Jesus' Olivet Discourse with 70 A.D. events and the very end of this world is one example of this.

In order for your theory to work God must act inconstantly when fulfilling prophecies. Unbelievable.

He is very consistent with His prophecies. He even reveals when He is speaking metaphorically and symbolically within prophecy ("take up this proverb against the king of Babylon" - Isa.14:4; "the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified" - Rev.11:8).

Revelation 18:21-23+ describes the permanent destruction of Babylon. . . . according to the Babylon = Jerusalem view, scripture repeatedly speaks of its return to prominence during the millennial reign (Isa. 2:3; Zec. 14:16; Rev. 20:9+)? Scripture is quite plain that God still has a plan for ethnic Israel. His PROMISES>

Zec. 14:16Then it will come about that any who are left of all the nations that went against Jerusalem will  go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to celebrate the Feast of Booths.

Rev 20:9 And they  came up on the  broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the  saints and the  beloved city, and  fire came down from heaven and devoured them.

Rev 20:9 calls Jerusalem the beloved city....Not the Mother of all whores.

When the pseudo-Christ comes to Jerusalem, and sets up the idol abomination of desolation, then Jerusalem will have become a harlot during that short period before God delivers her. This appears to be one of the main prophetic points you keep steering away from, when it is key to understanding how Jerusalem is likened spiritually as Sodom and Egypt for that time of God's two witnesses.

Around 135 A.D., the Romans once again sieged Jerusalem, and they renamed Jerusalem Aelia Capitolina, and built a temple there for Jupiter worship which lasted for about 200 years. In 636 A.D. the Turks took control of Jerusalem. Nebuchandnezzar king of Babylon destroyed it, the Romans in 70 A.D. under Titus destroyed it, Ptolemy king of Egypt took Jerusalem in 320 B.C., Antiochus in 203 B.C., Antiochus IV in 165 B.C. with setting an idol there in false worship; Herod in 39 B.C. took Jerusalem, etc.; in all there's been 27 separate conquerings of the city of Jerusalem, with many of them killing a lot of brother Judah there, and deporting many of them out of the land, and with false idol worship setup there instead. God's temple there has been destroyed twice by invading armies (Nebuchadnezzar in 477 B.C. and Titus in 70 A.D.).

You'd think God's people would get the Message that He will... allow Jerusalem to be taken and ravished when His people rebel against Him. Today's plan to rebuild the temple and start up animal sacrifices again and worship per the Old Covenant instead of recognizing the New Covenant Jesus Christ is one of the main reasons why our Heavenly Father is going to allow the coming Antichrist to sit there, and end those sacrifices with idol worship instituted in its place by that pseudo-messiah just prior to Christ's second coming to destroy that. This is why Jesus warned His servants in that area to get out of Jerusalem, flee to the mountains when they see the setting up of the "abomination of desolation", and for those of His servants in the countries not to enter into Jerusalem in at that time (Matt.24; Mark 13; Luke 21).

Jerusalem can not be the mother of ALL harlots but scripture indicates the Jerusalem, at her worst times, is merely a daughter harlot:
Thus says the LORD God to Jerusalem, . . . “Indeed everyone who quotes proverbs will use this proverb against you: ‘Like mother, like daughter!’ You are your mother’s daughter Eze. 16:3, 44-45

Jerusalem lacks the necessary antiquity to bear the dubious label of mother of harlots.

There is not one example of ‘Babylon’ ever being a symbolic name for Israel, either before or after 70 A.D

Nor does it make sense for Jerusalem to be Babylon when the earthly Jerusalem is a type or pattern for the New Jerusalem which is contrasted at every point with Babylon.

Can one even imagine calling the bride of Jesus Christ who is Israel “the mother of all whores” ....what a sickening statement.

God’s promises no longer are reliable. If promises concerning the literal city Babylon and the literal nation Israel in the OT no longer apply to these same entities, but now are to be understood in an entirely new way—not just broader, but in a way which denies the meaning of the original context, then what confidence can we have in God’s promises to us?

And will God conduct his promises “relatively” in other words rather than absolutely?

I'm sorry but the theory of Jerusalem being Babylon is completely bankrupt.

I don't know how you can deny the many Scriptures in God's Word where His people rebelled against Him and He brought evil upon them, and upon Jerusalem for it. So I must recall your memory to this:

Isa 1:20-21
20    But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.
21    How is the faithful city become an harlot! it was full of judgment; righteousness lodged in it; but now murderers.
(KJV)

Now as for God calling Jerusalem a 'harlot', you might want to brush up on your OT study, for the following also is God speaking about the city of Jerusalem, the place He chose, sanctified and glorified, and then it fell into false worship against Him, and He called her a harlot...

Ezek 16:14-22
14    And thy renown went forth among the heathen for thy beauty: for it was perfect through My comeliness, which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord GOD.
15    But thou didst trust in thine own beauty, and playedst the harlot because of thy renown, and pouredst out thy fornications on every one that passed by; his it was.
16    And of thy garments thou didst take, and deckedst thy high places with divers colours, and playedst the harlot thereupon: the like things shall not come, neither shall it be so.
17    Thou hast also taken thy fair jewels of My gold and of My silver, which I had given thee, and madest to thyself images of men, and didst commit whoredom with them,
18    And tookest thy broidered garments, and coveredst them: and thou hast set Mine oil and Mine incense before them.
19    My meat also which I gave thee, fine flour, and oil, and honey, wherewith I fed thee, thou hast even set it before them for a sweet savour: and thus it was, saith the Lord GOD.
20    Moreover thou hast taken thy sons and thy daughters, whom thou hast borne unto Me, and these hast thou sacrificed unto them to be devoured. Is this of thy whoredoms a small matter,
21    That thou hast slain My children, and delivered them to cause them to pass through the fire for them?
22    And in all thine abominations and thy whoredoms thou hast not remembered the days of thy youth, when thou wast naked and bare, and wast polluted in thy blood.
(KJV)

Jerusalem actually was a pagan Canaanite city originally, a possession of the Jebusites before God gave Israel to conquer it. It was originally called Jebus. That is the state of Jerusalem God begins in Ezek.16 speaking about the city, when He saw her as an abused infant in her own blood, when God took her and swaddled her, decked her with precious jewels and clothing, and then called her Mine and married her.

Then she committed adultery with her lovers (idols) and God brought her lovers (pagan nations) against her, even as He reveals there for the end He will gather the nations about her to reveal her nakedness for the end of days. He even compares her sins to Sodom and Sodom as a sister! But in final He says there He will one day no longer be angry, and will establish her in His everlasting covenant, and she will be ashamed at remembering her ways against Him.

This is yet another reason why Jerusalem for the last days under the reign of the coming Antichrist will have become spiritual Babylon.

Edited by Salty

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,223
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Well said inchrist.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,171
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Marilyn C

I thought you might enjoy this 3D views of Babylon

http://www.kadingirra.com/walls.html

interesing....    it's larger than I thought.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Marilyn C

I thought you might enjoy this 3D views of Babylon

http://www.kadingirra.com/walls.html

Are these the plans for when reconstruction is complete by the architect that was hired to do this?

How much do they have done?

Are they still working on it, or have they halted due to war?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Link above is the only scenario I see plausible for a literal Babylon.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Link above is the only scenario I see plausible for a literal Babylon.

I can't disagree, but you may be getting an email from an administrator pretty soon.

In 3-2-1.............

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

There are shepherds that allow grazing in and around the ruins of Babylon today, but they will not camp in it over night. When asked about this they simply say that it is tradition not to stay there.

God predicted this would happen in the days of Isaiah 13:19-22.

If Babylon is ever rebuilt then I know God makes mistakes.

So what about the references to it in prophecy such as in Revelation?

Babylon has a lot of significance in history. It harbored the beginnings of false religion within political powers, which became apparent in Daniel's time. Zech 5:5-11. is an illustration of this beginning. Babylon was built on the plains of Shinar.

Each subsequent kingdom became better at persecuting the saints, until Satan's best effort with the Papacy which successfully tortured and killed 60 million people - as a conservative figure. It was far worse than pagan Rome.

This same false religion in politics will come up again, hence the symbolic name "Mystery Babylon..." is applied to it.

But the old city of Babylon, well have to see what God has pronounced.