IGNORED

GWT: so morning star is Jesus or Lucifer?

ProzacR

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  130
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I was deferring from your use of the term purified in debunking the KJV, because by doing so, you have to debunk modern Bibles even more because they are declining from the testimonies of the Son which the KJV does not.

How you see how the Holy Spirit works is not clear because modern Bibles do err in that regards, giving credence to the Holy Spirit when scripture in the KJV would testify that credit to the Son and keep it to the Son. 

As for Lucifer, the KJV is not the only Bible that uses it.  Why the Latin derivatve of daystar was used, I do not know, but hardly a game changer for me about relying only on the KJV.

And just because popular church teachings has made that to mean Satan's original name, any one reading that Bible can see it is referring symbolically to a pompous king that will die and rot.

But the OP has been answered as morning star is referring to Jesus whereas son of the morning is referring to that pompous king.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I never 'debunked' anything in these forums...except maybe some odd posters but I am not alone in that   And certainly not the KJV.

I'm not sure why you insist on going down that road?  I'm actually not on it.   :emot-rolleyes:  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,227
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I was deferring from your use of the term purified in debunking the KJV, because by doing so, you have to debunk modern Bibles even more because they are declining from the testimonies of the Son which the KJV does not.

How you see how the Holy Spirit works is not clear because modern Bibles do err in that regards, giving credence to the Holy Spirit when scripture in the KJV would testify that credit to the Son and keep it to the Son. 

As for Lucifer, the KJV is not the only Bible that uses it.  Why the Latin derivatve of daystar was used, I do not know, but hardly a game changer for me about relying only on the KJV.

And just because popular church teachings has made that to mean Satan's original name, any one reading that Bible can see it is referring symbolically to a pompous king that will die and rot.

But the OP has been answered as morning star is referring to Jesus whereas son of the morning is referring to that pompous king.

If you go back to chapter 13 and get the context of the writing, it's speaking of Satan during the end times when the sun and moon don't give light and God punishes the whole world for its deeds.   It's not just speaking of some old king, but of Satan himself.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Seeker
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

The term morning star just means something bright and glorious. Jesus, Lucifer, and many others are bright and glorious, powerful beings. Unfortunately, Lucifer rebelled, wanted to overthrow God, wanted to be the chosen one, and when that position was given to Jesus, Lucifer started an all out rebellion and was cast out of heaven. He was one of the great ones that had fallen. Even more unfortunate was that 1/3 of the people went with him. A terribly sad story.

oh my Ozzy...I don't mean to be following you around and commenting on your posts...but...lets see if I understand what you are saying here...

luicifer was the chosen one but he rebelled against God so God gave that place to Jesus?

did I get that right?  I don't find that in my Bible either...which version do you have?

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,227
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I think JW's and Mormons both believe that....

when you have your own translation I guess you can do that...unfortuneatly they have some revisionist history in their versions

details.....itwasntme_20.png

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Morning Star, Day Star, Light Bringer, Bringer of the Dawn, Venus.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Here`s an interesting thought -

The morning star is the herald of the coming day. It is only seen by the `watchers,` or the early risers. In the Spiritual heavens, Christ is also the Bright & Morning Star. He is the One whom we eagerly await. We look to His `appearing.` (2 Tim. 4: 8) And when Christ `appears,` we shall become like Him, changed & taken to glory.

`When Christ, who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.`  (Col. 3: 4)

Now the appearance of the morning star only intensifies the darkness of the night. So between the appearing of Christ as the Morning Star for the Body of Christ, & His coming as the Sun of Righteousness for Israel, (Mal. 4: 2) there will be a period of great darkness, known as the great tribulation.

`But for you (Israel) who fear My name the Sun of Righteousness will rise.....` (Mal. 4: 2)

Thus the wonderful promise to the Overcomers in Rev. 2: 28  `I will give him the morning star.`

Edited by Marilyn C