IGNORED

Have you ever feel the Holy Spirit hovering in you?

onni

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  2

Have you ever feel the Holy Spirit hovering in your heart? Not sure how to ask or put this in words correctly. Hope you understand my question.

Yes

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. John 14:16-18

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,265
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Yes, most all the time.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  5

It is a nice feeling. I noticed that there are two different feelings, one being anointed by it and the other being guided by it :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  447
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/26/1971

Absolutely! He is our "earnest deposit" (Ephesians 1:14). God's presence in our lives proves that we are His and that His promises are true. Please allow me to quote one of my favorite writers, Gorden Fee, to better explain the topic:

II. The Holy Spirit in the New Testament

I think it is fair to note that if there is one thing that differentiates the early church from its twentieth century counterpart, it is in the level of awareness and experience of the presence and power of the Holy Spirit. Ask any number of people today from all sectors of Christendom to define or describe Christian conversion or Christian life, and the most noticeable feature of that definition would be its general lack of emphasis on the active, dynamic role of the Spirit.

It is precisely the opposite in the New Testament. The Spirit is no mere addendum. No, he is the sine qua nonf the essential ingredient of Christian life. Nor is he a mere datum of theology; rather he is experienced, as powerfully present in their lives. Whatever else may be said of the early church, they were first and foremost people of the Spirit.

In order for us to understand them on this matter, we must appreciate the essentially eschatological nature of their exist- ence, and of their understanding of the Spirit. For them, in a way that very few of us can fully appreciate, the Spirit was an eschatological reality - the clear evidence, the sure sign, that the New Age really had dawned, that God had set the future inexorably in motion, to be consummated by a second coming of the Messiah. Thus for Paul the Spirit was the arrabôn, the down payment, the deposit, on the future reality that was itself guaranteed by the down payment (2 Cor. 1:21-22; Eph. 1:13-14). And for Luke the outpouring of the Spirit on the Day of Pentecost was the eschatological fulfillment of the prophecy of Joel. So much was this so that in the Joel quotation in the Peter speech he alters the words "after these things" to "in the last days."

BAPTISM IN THE HOLY SPIRIT: THE ISSUE OF SEPARABILITY AND SUBSEQUENCE
Gordon D. Fee

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

I do sense God's presense in and around me, especially as I praise and worship Him, thank Him, or speak of His loving faithfulness. He never leaves me and is continually in my thoughts. But He has promised to never leave us or forsake us, and to be with us to the end of the age. We are told we will ever be with the Lord in both life and after life here . So even if I don't sense His Presence, I trust His Word to always dwell in me and be with me, even in grief.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  82
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Have you ever feel the Holy Spirit hovering in your heart? Not sure how to ask or put this in words correctly. Hope you understand my question.

I believe I have. Recently a few weeks ago while I was trying to sleep. And yeah, don't know how to describe it but some moving/hovering in my heart

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  154
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  08/12/1986

If you have the Spirit you will.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  78
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Yes, I feel the Holy Spirit in my chest where my heart is and the area around my heart, all the time, also I feel His Spirit within my left cheek(like a tickle), and sometimes going up to my forehead, I also feel the anointing on the crown of my head, a nice warmth, only at some times when He is teaching me.  Even as I sleep at night, sometimes I feel the stirring of the Holy Spirit and that is when I feel Him within my whole chest extremity.          :mgcheerful:

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.60
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings onni

No,It is really not about"feelings".......in my early days as a young Christian I was always"feeling" like I was plugged into electricity....................as I matured it became more of a "knowing",I cannot even explain or describe it                                               With love-in Christ,Kwik