• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Cog,

These are my thoughts regarding your questions.

When you speak about God, the Holy Spirit, and Jesus you speak of mysteries. I prefer to speak of truths.

1. You said: “Jesus spoke in parables to conceal mysteries from some people.”

My understanding of parables is that Jesus used them to teach truths; he was not concealing truth from people.

2. You said: “And it is my belief that, still to this day, God reveals mysteries to those who seek.”

Yes God reveals the truth from His Word to those who earnestly seek that truth, as the Holy Spirit leads.

3. You said: “I understand God's, and angels', rights, abilities of discernment, and concerns to keep mysteries concealed, but what about everyone else?”

I don’t know of angels’ concerns to keep the truth concealed, therefore I have no thoughts to share on this question.

4. You asked: “What right have we to share revealed knowledge of God?” and “Do we even have the right to explain parables, much less the more hidden understandings?”

We have the right given to us by God’s Word to explain parables and hidden understandings of spiritual matters which are hidden to those who are spiritually blind. In other words Christians are commanded to spread the Gospel. Mark 16:15, “And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.”

5. You asked; “How do we know who to share understandings with? (considering Matthew 7:6 and the actions of God and angels)”

Again, Mark 16:15, “And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” Why would anyone want to conceal the truth of God’s Word from others? God’s Word tells us that His Word will not return to Him void. Isaiah 55:11, “So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.” In other words, Christians are to tell others the good news of God’s Way of redeeming mankind back to Himself. That’s the message of the bible. Christians are to share spiritual truths of God’s Word with all the world and then let God, the Holy Spirit, do His part.

John

Edited by john14:6

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  143
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Matthew 13:11 (KJV)

11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

It is not like I am making this stuff up. Come on, john14:6 :(

Is it just a difference in terminology that we do not share, when you say things like Jesus didn't conceal truth from people? (I am not trying to call you out but understand if it is simply a difference in terminology.)

And I would like to say that I do not only speak of mysteries, it is just what I wonder about at times. Other things, like whether to speak openly or not, I would not consider to be a mystery at all. As a matter of fact, most of the Bible I would not consider to be a mystery as it is revealed in plain understandings.

Truth, though, is what is true - whether it be a mystery, hidden, sealed, or completely revealed, or any other kind of truth from God. (Terminology difference again?)

The way I would think of it is that some things are openly talked about and some things are secretly talked about or on the hushhush and then some things we don't know we don't know so they're not talked about at all to mankind.

But yeah, I appreciate your thoughts. :)

I should add that if it is a difference of interpretation and thus ideology or belief, that's fine. I am not trying to force my belief on you, and you are welcome to speak more of your beliefs any time to me.

Edited by Cog

and Yes I am saying that Jesus is Yahweh not the Father....

Yahweh is the God of Israel that the 74 people saw and it was not the Father because no one has seen the Father.

Mark 12:24-27

Was looking up the first commandment as answered by Jesus and saw that - I thought it might help you.

Jesus referred to the God of Abraham as "he", meaning not himself.

Edited by Cog

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Yahweh is the God of Israel that the 74 people saw and it was not the Father because no one has seen the Father.

Was looking up the first commandment as answered by Jesus and saw that - I thought it might help you.

he also said that no one had seen the Father.....   so it couldn't have been him.....   so how many Gods do we have here.  I'm saying that Jesus has been and always be the entity that represents the Father here on our world.....    but he's not the Father.   Moses told us that he saw the God of Israel and the God of Israel is the God of Abraham, and there is no way around that.   So either the Father isn't what Moses saw, or the Bible is broken.   or there was another God of Israel besides the one that Abraham claimed which is beyond reality.

So I would ask you to reconcile the difference....

Mark doesn't pertain to it.

I have already given you the answer, or how to reconcile the "discrepancies".

Explain John 14:9 and Mark 12:24-27

Explain how the soul, spirit, and body work together.

I do not see any faults with what I said, it is you saying Jesus and Moses were wrong.

I am sorry I cannot help you see.

I Wondered

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Ephesians 3:9

As I Wandered

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Revelation 4:11

~

he also said that no one had seen the Father.....   so it couldn't have been him.....   so how many Gods do we have here.  I'm saying that Jesus has been and always be the entity that represents the Father here on our world.....    but he's not the Father.   Moses told us that he saw the God of Israel and the God of Israel is the God of Abraham, and there is no way around that.   So either the Father isn't what Moses saw, or the Bible is broken.   or there was another God of Israel besides the one that Abraham claimed which is beyond reality.

So I would ask you to reconcile the difference....

Mark doesn't pertain to it.

~

Grandfather Moses Saw The LORD His Friend Face To Face

And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle. Exodus 33:11

Grandfather Moses Saw The LORD Jesus

Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father. John 6:46

His Friend Face To

Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. Isaiah 44:6

Face

For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. Isaiah 54:5

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Cog,

Do you believe that Jesus did conceal the truth from people?

You said, and I quote, “Is it just a difference in terminology that we do not share, when you say things like Jesus didn't conceal truth from people? (I am not trying to call you out but understand if it is simply a difference in terminology.)”

I say Jesus did not come to hide truth but to reveal truth to all people.

John 1:4 “In him was life; and the life was the light of men.” This verse speaks of Jesus as being the light of men. If Jesus is the light of men it seems to me that means that He is revealing the truth to men?

John 1:17 “For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.” Doesn’t this verse mean that truth comes through Jesus?

John 14:6, Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man comes to the Father except by me.” Doesn’t this verse say that Jesus is the truth?

More of my thoughts.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Hi Cog i have been under the weather lately and Yesterday it took me the whole day to get through 1 Peter:1  but reading your post was wondering if 1Peter:10-12 helps your search at all hate to think i wasted an entire day.

Sorry meant chapter 1 verses 10-12

Edited by countingsheep

john14:6, Conceal as in obscured - it is the reason he spoke in parables - so that some may know and some may not. Light reveals things, words reveal ideas, the body is the revealed image of the soul as manifest by the spirit. An obscured truth is no less a revealed truth than an openly revealed truth, to those who see. Sealed, hidden, concealed / obscured, unknown to be hidden, etc are all truths revealed by Jesus. He is truth just as your body is the truth of your soul - if you lose your body your soul dies and then your soul is "asleep" or dead in Christ. The reason this may all bewilder you is not because it is not true, but because you do not have the images needed to create the awareness to see. Everything you are asking, except the conceal term, I have answered in my first post to you about the Trinity. Your awareness is made up of the understandings you have of images. Those understandings are invisible, yet they are images unto themselves. Try to explain to yourself any idea you want, but without the use of an image or sensation. Then, maybe you will see the awareness is made up of the images and you can do no such thing as explain an idea or understanding or have an awareness without an image or sensation. How can you come to know my awareness if I do not give you my images?

countingsheep, I don't know if you can waste a day by reading the Bible. :) As for the passage, it gives me joy to see the good news, but it does not speak to me about this topic, at this time... but then maybe it will later? Who knows? I hope you're feeling better soon.