IGNORED

Have you ever asked Jesus to "not come right now"?

1x1is1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  317
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

I know that would be selfish to request of the Lord, but I have been guilty of it more than once or twice or...... ?

Of course I am not referring to when we are in the actual act of sinning, none of us want that.  I mean like...please wait until after the super bowl or a BBQ, stuff like that.  Am I alone in this?  Am I bad?  :hmmm:

Bad? We are all sinful. I think more you lack understanding.

Why are you asking the Lord to fulfill a selfish request? I recall asking the Lord for a lot of snow one winter. Then I realized there are probably others in my area that are asking the Lord for no snow. Who's prayer is going to be answered? It's like asking the Lord for a football team to win the SuperBowl. You know there are other's out there asking that the other team wins. In the end, it was just a game and the prayers for the outcome of the game are quickly dismissed. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

mevosper......I am right with you on the praying for victory in sporting events.  That shouldn't be done.  That would indicate that God loves the losing team less. I believe that praying for a team should include requests to keep them from injury and to play to the best of their ability.    And then after ward thanking Him for that safety.

It is refreshing to know that you and other responders do not ask the Lord for a selfish request.  That is why I love it here at Worthy, it has given me the ability to surround myself with God loving people.   GBU

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.60
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings 1x1

Great to be here to say "hi",,,,,,you are always so pleasant to talk with,God Bless you! I do understand what you are saying,even though you referred to the SuperBowl,its simply times the flesh wars with the spirit & your thinking temporal thoughts.........that is when you know you must take captive of those thoughts because they are carnal......take captive of the thought & focus on God,praying to have the Heart & Mind of Christ that you may walk in spirit & in Truth by the Power of the Holy Spirit .....then your thoughts become Eternal,Heavenly,Above,..........

It is becoming more INTIMATE with God,our Living Redeemer abides in us,whether or our not we are willing to forsake our flesh(self) & surrender completely will determine our spiritual growth & maturity..........the renewing of the mind & transformation is a process,slow for some,for others it may even be instantaneous but still ....it is a journey,it is all about RELATIONSHIP............

You are far from "bad",Brother......you are worthy,pleasing ,acceptable,spotless,sinless,blameless,without stain,blemish or wrinkle by the finished work on the Cross & the Precious Blood of our Lord & Savior,Christ Jesus,,,,,,okay,that is your spirit,now hand over the flesh!!!!Glory to God for His Grace & Mercy!

As for me personally,have I asked not to come now?Naw,I believe His Will is perfect.........God Bless you 1x1,He understands your heart even better than you do yourself,,,,,,,& He loves you

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

Since I've become a Christian I have not had any thoughts towards the Lord delaying his coming for any worldly desire that I may have.  Even in the case of lost loved ones who haven't accept Christ as Lord and Saviour.  My hearts desire is that they would be saved to the uttermost but that decision is solely theirs to make in this life and I can't make it for them else I would.   I know this worlds goods and all it's pleasures don't even come close to what is over in gloryland.  I mean the door knocker on my mansion door is going to be worth more that all the wealth in this world down here.  And seeing a golden street and gates that are made of a solid pearl that's something I haven't ever seen before.  It's just that the "part" I know down here doesn't have any allure for me to stay down here any longer than I have too.  Because I long for my eternal home where all will be made known.  Kind of reminds me of the song "Farther Along".  Since being a Christian for me it has always been and still is "Even So Come Quickly Lord Jesus".

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

No, huh-uh!

God bless,

Shalom

David/BeauJangles