IGNORED

Which day is the Sabbath and is it still valid today?

tff

Guest shiloh357

How many Gods are there right now?

There is only on God, but there are three Persons in the Godhead.   Jesus is God.  God is made up of three distinct Persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.  

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  59
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

There are many arguments about which day is the Sabbath day and whether it is still valid or not today. Any opinions? I use the Bible KJV and only texts from the Bible must be provided please to prove your point.

The Sabbath day is from friday evening to saturday evening.   But Jesus is the true Sabbath.   When I got saved, I entered into His rest.  I don't need the sabbath day when I have Jesus.

So you also agree that the Sabbath is from Friday evening to Saturday evening. I do not understand how you can say Jesus is the true Sabbath. The Sabbath is God's rest. How can Jesus be God's rest? Jesus is God's son. If we need to rest on the Sabbath like God, then we should rest on the Saturday, right?

what you don't seem to understand is that the Sabbath is a picture or foreshadowing of Jesus as our rest.   We rest in Christ for salvation, we rest in Him for all that we need.  Jesus is the epitome of God's rest.  He is what the Sabbath day was pointing to.  When we enter into Jesus, we are entering the rest God has provided for our hearts.

hi

the Sabbath day was a sanctified day to the Lord God ,but now since Christ the rule is that we are on a 24/7 schedules for their is nothing we do or think(should)  that is not in line with God's will ,

So, you are saying that since Jesus came to the earth, the Sabbath is not important to us and thus nullify the Commandment of God?

Technically its saturday, but its not as important as to which day you hold the sabbath as it is more important to enter into His rest. Thats the whole point, God rested from His work in creation, and He wants us to enter His rest. Basicly to renew us from the weeks hardships.

If Saturday is technically? the Sabbath and according to you it is His (God's) day of rest, then Saturday needs to be hold as the Sabbath rest day?

back in the day the hebrews had a list of all sorts of things that was not allowed on the sabbath. I had reviewed a list of some of the things on this list before. One thing I thought was wacky was a rule that limited the number of steps you could take on the sabbath. If we are not careful we will get to a point our view is legalistic concerning the sabbath. In Luke 14:5 Jesus tells them how it is when He asks them if you had a child or an ox that had fallen in a well on the sabbath would you not pull it out right away? Well, of course we would. The thought here is to not be legalistic to our approach of the sabbath. Saying it must be on saturday, or sunday, or whatever day is leaning towards being legalistic. The bible tells us if we are led of the spirit, we are not under the law. Liberty is an awesome thing to have. Jesus is the Lord of the sabbath and as I pointed out Jesus understands if we must work on the sabbath. In mark 2:27 it says the sabbath was made for man, not man for the sabbath. The important thing here is man being able to refresh his spirit in The Lord. The six days of work can realy wear one down and we need that spiritual refreshing. This rest is what the sabbath exsists for. God dont want us tired and wore out and stressed. Which ever day you want to hold the sabbath is totaly fine with The King. Some people believe the sabbath is on sunday, and hold thier sabbath on that day, and God honors that. If you decide to hold it on saturday, thats fine too. If you want to do it on thursday, thats ok too. We are made in His image and likeness and He took a day to rest and told us to do the same. He always has our best intentions in mind. He also understands some people absolutly have to work on saturday so thier family can eat. The important thing is to enter in His rest. All the other stuff starts heading down a road called leagalistic lane. Thats a dead end street.

I cannot accept the statement that any day to be used as a Sabbath is ok as you quote it. God was very specific. The first seventh day of the creation period, was the only day that God has blessed and holied and that seven day cycle has never changed from creation right up to now. Why did God mention it in the Ten Commandments if He knew that it was not necessary in the future? Are you also implying that the Ten Commandments are not valid anymore today?

There are many arguments about which day is the Sabbath day and whether it is still valid or not today. Any opinions? I use the Bible KJV and only texts from the Bible must be provided please to prove your point.

The Sabbath day is from friday evening to saturday evening.   But Jesus is the true Sabbath.   When I got saved, I entered into His rest.  I don't need the sabbath day when I have Jesus.

So you also agree that the Sabbath is from Friday evening to Saturday evening. I do not understand how you can say Jesus is the true Sabbath. The Sabbath is God's rest. How can Jesus be God's rest? Jesus is God's son. If we need to rest on the Sabbath like God, then we should rest on the Saturday, right?

what you don't seem to understand is that the Sabbath is a picture or foreshadowing of Jesus as our rest.   We rest in Christ for salvation, we rest in Him for all that we need.  Jesus is the epitome of God's rest.  He is what the Sabbath day was pointing to.  When we enter into Jesus, we are entering the rest God has provided for our hearts.

First of all, you did not answer my questions but you tell me that I don't seem to understand. I would like answers to my questions Please. Maybe I will understand after you have answered my questions.

I understand somewhat. To keep the Sabbath day holy is one of the 10 commandments. It is certainly friday evening to saturday evening. I believe we are under grace but know the law is good. I want to understand God more and there may be something special if you keep it and honor God with it. Keeping it on any day we decide doesn't really make sense to me because God said to keep that day holy, and it was on the 7th day he rested, not one we choose to decide. I haven't found that in scripture to decide our own sabbath. This scripture is true but it is also true that what ever you do you should do by faith and not be doubleminded. That being said, I am free under grace but see the importance in a sabbath.

Col. 2:16 Let no man judge you in food or drink, or regarding a festaval or a new moon or sabbaths,

Thank you for your honesty.

There is only on God, but there are three Persons in the Godhead.   Jesus is God.  God is made up of three distinct Persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.  

That is a Roman Catholic Church teaching and I do not agree with that.

Guest shiloh357

No, it's a Christian teaching.   But you deny the deity of Jesus, so you are outside of the authentic New Testament faith, anyway.

No, it's a Christian teaching.   But you deny the deity of Jesus, so you are outside of the authentic New Testament faith, anyway.

Check the Catechism Simply Explained by Canon Cafferata, the official document of the RCC, also available on the internet, to compare my statement.

Exodus 31:13, 16-17 Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant. It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever; NKJV

This was a covenant between God and the Jewish people, the descendants of Jacob/Israel. It is not meant for gentiles or non Hebrew peoples. As a Christian I do not observe seventh day Sabbaths.

Lev. 25:2-7, v4 but in the seventh year there shall be a Sabbath of solomn rest for the land, a Sabbath of solomn rest to the Lord. You shall neither sow your field nor prune your vineyard. NKJV

This Sabbath was again for the children of Israel, and it is for breaking this Sabbath that they were sent into bondage in Babylon for 70 years. As a gentile I am not required to stop mowing my grass or trimming my fruit trees during the seventh year.

Col. 2:16 Let no man judge you in food or drink, or regarding a festaval or a new moon or sabbaths,

This means celebrating Christmas, First Fruits (Easter) Saturday or Sunday. We are not to judge each other about such matters.

Rom. 14:5 One person esteems one day above another, another esteems every day.

Hebrews 4:9-10 There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His. NKJV

Note that works is plural. It is not good works, works of the flesh or works of the law, it is any works. To me works means the self effort of trying to be good enough or worthy of heaven. When we cease from our own efforts and allow Christ to live in us, we have ceased from our works. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. Gal 2:20 Only Christ will ever be worthy of heaven.

Blessings,

Willa

I will comment on what I see here. Exodus 31:13, 16-17 Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant. It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever; NKJV

This was a covenant between God and the Jewish people, the descendants of Jacob/Israel. It is not meant for gentiles or non Hebrew peoples. As a Christian I do not observe seventh day Sabbaths.

So you say that the Commandments of God are just for the Jewish people? What about the other people on this earth? Is God only a God for the Jewish nation or is God a God for all the people?

Hebrews 4:9-10 There remains therefore a rest for the people of God. For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His. NKJV

So, if the Jewish nation is God's people, where do I fit in this picture. Am I not part of God's family?

Read Romans Chapter nine to understand becoming part of God's family.

Please explain Rom 9:24-27. Am I right that I can be seen as a child of God if I am not Jewish?

Absolutely you are a child of God if you do those things.  When you believe in your heart that the Father raised Jesus from the dead and you confess with your mouth that Jesus is your Lord and actually mean it, he will send the Holy Spirit to dwell within you and you are to be called a son of God for you have been spiritually born into the family of God.

Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it. That is how I viewed it as well.

Guest shiloh357

Check the Catechism Simply Explained by Canon Cafferata, the official document of the RCC, also available on the internet, to compare my statement.

My point is that it wasn't invented by the Catholics.   The Bible demonstrates the Trinity and it declares the deity of Jesus.  The deity of Jesus is an essential biblical teaching that cannot be compromised.

My point is that it wasn't invented by the Catholics.   The Bible demonstrates the Trinity and it declares the deity of Jesus.  The deity of Jesus is an essential biblical teaching that cannot be compromised.

You are then disregarding all the Biblical references to Jesus being Man on the earth.