• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  96
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/12/1972

The whore has taken over the Sabbath in Shabbat laws. She is destroying Christ's family by teaching it to seek money and lusts on the holy Sabbath.  I pray the church comes back to Christ by doing no work for yourself on the Sabbath.  Keep it holy.
Exodus 20:8-11

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,116
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

If you read the scripture you posted, it plainly says not to do any work.....   period.   Does not stipulate doing it for money, or lust, or doing something for yourself.    Plainly says no work.

Interestingly when Jesus was confronted by a group of Jews about working on the Sabbath, he didn't correct them or tell them of thier mis conception of the Sabbath Law, he simply confessed he was working on the Sabbath.

He changed the commandments while he was here and of the ten, he didn't repeat it, just replaced them with his two new commandments.   Love God with all your heart and soul and love your neighbors as yourself.

Sabbath is not part of that and since he was working on the Sabbath I think I can assume it's OK for me also

John 5:16-18
And for this reason the Jews were persecuting Jesus, because He was doing these things on the Sabbath. 17 But He answered them, "My Father is working until now, and I Myself am working."  18 For this cause therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God.
NASB

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

The Sabbath is a shadow. Christ is the reality. We kept the Sabbath till the reality came. We rest in Christ everyday. By our trust. The seventh day Sabbath is not our rest any longer. If you keep it as a law you are living by shadows. Christ is much better. 

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,039
  • Content Per Day:  1.62
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Joshua_Entangled said:

The whore has taken over the Sabbath in Shabbat laws. She is destroying Christ's family by teaching it to seek money and lusts on the holy Sabbath.  I pray the church comes back to Christ by doing no work for yourself on the Sabbath.  Keep it holy.

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

6 hours ago, Joshua_Entangled said:

The sabbath is part of the old covenant, which the jewish people are bound to. The new covenant does not contain the sabbath. Christians are part of the new covenant. Therefore christians are not defiling the sabbath. Besides, Jesus DID work on the sabbath. Was he sinning by doing so?

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Actually, there's truth to this statement, but not in the way one thinks.

The modern church by in large has lost sight of what the Sabbath means, but they weren't the first to do so, and they didn't do it in the way one might think.

The Sabbath, was intended as a day devoted as a day of rest to worship God. Worshipping God, is in reality the best kind of rest we can have, it rejuvenates us, which is why God set the example in resting on the seventh day. God intended for that day to be a day we take our minds off the stresses of the world, and focus on Him. We need that.

However, the pharisees turned the day of rest into a day of rules. You can't do this, you can't do that. It became far more stressful then the normal week! It was pure legalism, and went completely against God's intent, and Jesus called them out for it. 

So you had the pharisees of old who were way to legalistic about it....fast forward to the modern church and the pendulum has swung the other way. Modern Christians don't really look at Sabbath as a day to worship God. Many do work through it, and even those that don't just treat it as another day albeit one more social program to attend (Church)

See, both are missing the mark. And it doesn't matter what day it's celebrated on, but the heart behind it, which is what Jesus was getting at when He challenged the pharisees. We do need to take a day to rest and worship Him. Church is important but, what's more important is us following God's will. 

Not because we have to, we are saved by grace, but because it's actually good for us. Again, it doesn't really matter if that day is Sunday or Saturday, or even Wednesday, it's not the law that matters, it's the reason behind the law that does.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

55 minutes ago, The_Patriot21 said:

Actually, there's truth to this statement, but not in the way one thinks.

The modern church by in large has lost sight of what the Sabbath means, but they weren't the first to do so, and they didn't do it in the way one might think.

The Sabbath, was intended as a day devoted as a day of rest to worship God. Worshipping God, is in reality the best kind of rest we can have, it rejuvenates us, which is why God set the example in resting on the seventh day. God intended for that day to be a day we take our minds off the stresses of the world, and focus on Him. We need that.

However, the pharisees turned the day of rest into a day of rules. You can't do this, you can't do that. It became far more stressful then the normal week! It was pure legalism, and went completely against God's intent, and Jesus called them out for it. 

So you had the pharisees of old who were way to legalistic about it....fast forward to the modern church and the pendulum has swung the other way. Modern Christians don't really look at Sabbath as a day to worship God. Many do work through it, and even those that don't just treat it as another day albeit one more social program to attend (Church)

See, both are missing the mark. And it doesn't matter what day it's celebrated on, but the heart behind it, which is what Jesus was getting at when He challenged the pharisees. We do need to take a day to rest and worship Him. Church is important but, what's more important is us following God's will. 

Not because we have to, we are saved by grace, but because it's actually good for us. Again, it doesn't really matter if that day is Sunday or Saturday, or even Wednesday, it's not the law that matters, it's the reason behind the law that does.

Everyday is for the Lord. Paul said the Sabbaths was shadows. We do need day off from work physically to rest out bodies and minds. But spiritual rest is everyday. 

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,585
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

Shalom, @The_Patriot21.

Right! The Day of Rest, Shabbat, was given to us NOT in the Law, but from the very Beginning of Creation! It's a day off! A time to recharge our batteries as we worship God and think on Him, spending time with Him, getting to know Him, and learning to LOVE Him!

Many today see Saturday as a day to GOOF OFF! They do activities which are HARDLY restful! And, they spend it with everyone and anyone OTHER than God! We're not forced to keep the Shabbat today, but it's still a good idea! 

Paul said,

Romans 14:1-12 (KJV)

1 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations. 2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs. 3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him. 4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. 6 He that regardeth the day (Shabbat), regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it (EVERY DAY is a day to spend time with God!).

He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks. 

7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. 8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's. 9 For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. 11 For it is written, 

"As I live," saith the Lord, "every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess" to God. (Isaiah 45:23).

12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

To provide the background, here's what Yeesha`yahuw said:

Isaiah 45:14-25 (KJV)

14 Thus saith the LORD,

"The labour of Egypt, and merchandise of Ethiopia and of the Sabeans, men of stature, shall come over unto thee, and they shall be thine: they shall come after thee; in chains they shall come over, and they shall fall down unto thee, they shall make supplication unto thee, saying,

"'Surely God is in thee; and there is none else, there is no God. (No visible idol!) 15 Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour (the Rescuer; the Deliverer).'" 

16 They shall be ashamed, and also confounded, all of them: they shall go to confusion together that are makers of idols. 17 But Israel shall be saved (rescued; delivered) in the LORD with an everlasting salvation (a rescue or deliverance that endures forever): ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end (Hebrew: `ad `owlmeey `ad = "as-far-as, until-a-vanishing-point as-far-as").

18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited:

"I am the LORD; and there is none else. 19 I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth: I said not unto the seed of Jacob, 'Seek ye me in vain': I the LORD speak righteousness, I declare things that are right. 20 Assemble yourselves and come; draw near together, ye that are escaped of the nations: they have no knowledge that set up the wood of their graven image, and pray unto a god that cannot save (rescue or deliver). 21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour (a Rescuer; a Deliverer); there is none beside me. 22 Look unto me, and be ye saved (rescued; delivered), all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else. 23 I HAVE SWORN BY MYSELF, THE WORD IS GONE OUT OF MY MOUTH IN RIGHTEOUSNESS, AND SHALL NOT RETURN, THAT UNTO ME EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW, EVERY TONGUE SHALL SWEAR."

24 Surely, shall one say,

"in the LORD have I righteousness and strength": 

even to him shall men come; and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed. 25 In the LORD shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

6 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Everyday is for the Lord. Paul said the Sabbaths was shadows. We do need day off from work physically to rest out bodies and minds. But spiritual rest is everyday. 

Yes, your right, and this is an instance where Paul was speaking to the heart of the Sabbath, what it was intended to be.

But I feel taking a day of to worship God and not work is important. Now I'm not saying we need to follow "the law" to the letter, that the day has to be Saturday and we have to follow Jewish Sabbath laws.

For me that day is Sunday, it is when my church meets, (most do) so that is when I choose to observe it. And you know what...I don't always just lay around.

I go to church for one. After church varies... usually I go home and take a Sunday afternoon power nap cuddled up with my 4 year old (happens less and less these days) but sometimes I'll hang out with other Christian friends, or find some excuse to be outdoors (fishing, hunting hiking, whatever) because well being outdoors makes me feel closer to God.

Yesterday I spent a good portion of the day finishing up the electrical in a new room I'm installing in my basement for my son. Which some would classify as work, I don't because it's inherently not stressful...I enjoy doing it, and I'm going at my own pace doing it my own way.

But the one thing I won't do...I won't work a job that requires me to work Sundays. That is the day I set aside to spend time with God and family, family being both my immediate family and my church family.

It's not the letter of the law, which both Jesus and Paul spoke about, but it's the intent of the law, I believe.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Our Lord and Precious Savior Has Accomplished a Finished Work,He Came that we May Know our Father,Return to our First Love,be in Relationship with Almighty God in Christ ....  No longer do we need a High Priest to Mediate,we( in Christ) have access to the Holy of Holies,the veil was torn- no longer separated-as we walk in Spirit and in Truth with the very Heart & Mind of Christ Jesus we Enter into God's Rest ..  JESUS is the Sabbath ... 

Does this mean we should not go to church to have a Gathering with the Body of Christ to hear the Scriptures,to Worship corporately and Give Praise ,Honor and Thanksgiving together any day of the week or everyday of the week- Heavens No! But this is not a mandate nor an obligation,all the Law & the Prophets are Fulfilled in Christ

It should be as much our Hearts Desire as it is our Heavenly Father's to be TOGETHER in Relationship with us- Him in us,us in Him and we in Christ❤️Because we Love Him & One Another

With Love in Christ,Kwik

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

The Hebrew of the desert who bite birds with their teeth were not given Holy Spirit as daily sabbath. Why return to obsolete Law ? If people cannot rest their heart in Holy Spirit daily sabbath, it will be just a restless seventh day sabbath.

God has Torn down the curtain of the Temple and let the Roman destroyed the hypocrites and their temple. 

As Peter said "The yoke that neither we or our ancestors were able to bear" Acts 15:10

Edited by R. Hartono