IGNORED

Which day is the Sabbath and is it still valid today?

tff

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Ever see a tullis (or as some call it, a tallit)? I have one, given to me as a gift by a Messianic Christian buddy (no, he doesn't use one; it's simply a beautfiul piece of handcrafted art). Overwise known as a prayer shawl, Orthodox Jewish men wear them and use it cover their heads when they pray. At each of the four corners there are strings tied in intricate knots, each knot representing a commandment.

But here's the kicker: there are actually over 600 commandments, and thus over 600 knots. It really is something to see. God instituted prayer shawls to show sinful man there is no way a human can keep them all, every single day. Jesus came to fulfill that law, so we don't have to. Our freedom is found in Him, and in Him alone.

Legalism kills, folks, and does it slowly. I'm so glad I'm a free man in Christ Jesus.

Guest shiloh357

Just because I don't observe a commandment I wasn't given to keep by Jesus doesn't mean I don't love Him.  Jesus never commanded anyone to keep the Sabbath, not a single time.   I keep the commandments Jesus gave and are listed in the NT.  I don't have to observe the Sabbath because it was not given to the Church.

Sorry but you are spreading false teaching and your teachings are rejected. You twist the Bible to make it say what it doesn't say.  You have nothing good to offer here.

That is 100% incorrect. The New Testament, as I posted above, is full of keeping the Sabbath.  Do you through out all of the Bible except the 4 gospels?

Keeping the Sabbath is all over the NT.   But there is not ONE commandment to the church saying it must keep the Sabbath.   Sorry, but my comments were 100% correct.  He is spreading false teaching.   And so are you if you are saying that Sabbath observance is compulsory for the church.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/01/1965

Just because I don't observe a commandment I wasn't given to keep by Jesus doesn't mean I don't love Him.  Jesus never commanded anyone to keep the Sabbath, not a single time.   I keep the commandments Jesus gave and are listed in the NT.  I don't have to observe the Sabbath because it was not given to the Church.

Sorry but you are spreading false teaching and your teachings are rejected. You twist the Bible to make it say what it doesn't say.  You have nothing good to offer here.

That is 100% incorrect. The New Testament, as I posted above, is full of keeping the Sabbath.  Do you through out all of the Bible except the 4 gospels?

Keeping the Sabbath is all over the NT.   But there is not ONE commandment to the church saying it must keep the Sabbath.   Sorry, but my comments were 100% correct.  He is spreading false teaching.   And so are you if you are saying that Sabbath observance is compulsory for the church.

Still incorrect. If your Bible is only 4 books, you go to a much different kind of church than the rest of us do. It is a law for all of us.

Guest shiloh357

Still incorrect. If your Bible is only 4 books, you go to a much different kind of church than the rest of us do. It is a law for all of us.

Sorry, but I live under the NT economy.  The New Testament doesn't command the Sabbath and I defy you to find ONE commandment to the Church to keep the Sabbath anywhere in the NT.  You can trust in your observance of the law.   I'll just trust in Jesus.

Sorry, but I live under the NT economy.  The New Testament doesn't command the Sabbath and I defy you to find ONE commandment to the Church to keep the Sabbath anywhere in the NT.  You can trust in your observance of the law.   I'll just trust in Jesus.

And Jesus gave us the Bible and I'll trust in the Bible.

Guest shiloh357

The Bible doesn't say that I am required to keep the SAbbath day.   So frankly, you are not trusting the Bible.  You are simply trusting in legalism.

Law-keeping is a grim and horrible business. Those that do it have to be plagued by the fear they may have broken one inadvertantly ("Was there pork in that dish I was served? I didn't cook it, so I don't know. But it tasted like pork ... oh, man, I am in SO much trouble ..."). Talk about building your house on shifting sand. It's on the solid rock of Christ I stand.

The Bible doesn't say that I am required to keep the SAbbath day.   So frankly, you are not trusting the Bible.  You are simply trusting in legalism.

Yes, it does. We all know it does.

Call me crazy, but doesn't the book of Galations address all this? Seems Paul had some harsh words for those who would attempt to place Christians under bondage to Jewish law.

But I guess I'm to the point in my life that if someone wants to attempt to keep all 600+ commandments (and good luck with that!), let them do so. It'll be an excerise in utter frustration, but have at it.

Just don't tell ME I have to do it, and say if I don't my Christian walk is suspect. Nope. Don't even go there.

Guest shiloh357

Yes, it does. We all know it does.

No, it doesn't.   The commandment was to Israel to keep the Sabbath.  It is a sign between God and Israel (Exodus 31:13-18.   It is not between me and God.  I am in the New Testament economy and there is no Sabbath commanded to the Church.   So no, I don't have to keep the Sabbath day, because it was not commanded to me.