IGNORED

Which day is the Sabbath and is it still valid today?

tff

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  166
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/01/1965

Just because I don't observe a commandment I wasn't given to keep by Jesus doesn't mean I don't love Him.  Jesus never commanded anyone to keep the Sabbath, not a single time.   I keep the commandments Jesus gave and are listed in the NT.  I don't have to observe the Sabbath because it was not given to the Church.

Sorry but you are spreading false teaching and your teachings are rejected. You twist the Bible to make it say what it doesn't say.  You have nothing good to offer here.

That is 100% incorrect. The New Testament, as I posted above, is full of keeping the Sabbath.  Do you through out all of the Bible except the 4 gospels?

Keeping the Sabbath is all over the NT.   But there is not ONE commandment to the church saying it must keep the Sabbath.   Sorry, but my comments were 100% correct.  He is spreading false teaching.   And so are you if you are saying that Sabbath observance is compulsory for the church.

Still incorrect. If your Bible is only 4 books, you go to a much different kind of church than the rest of us do. It is a law for all of us.

Sorry, but I live under the NT economy.  The New Testament doesn't command the Sabbath and I defy you to find ONE commandment to the Church to keep the Sabbath anywhere in the NT.  You can trust in your observance of the law.   I'll just trust in Jesus.

And Jesus gave us the Bible and I'll trust in the Bible.

The Bible doesn't say that I am required to keep the SAbbath day.   So frankly, you are not trusting the Bible.  You are simply trusting in legalism.

Yes, it does. We all know it does.

No, it doesn't.   The commandment was to Israel to keep the Sabbath.  It is a sign between God and Israel (Exodus 31:13-18.   It is not between me and God.  I am in the New Testament economy and there is no Sabbath commanded to the Church.   So no, I don't have to keep the Sabbath day, because it was not commanded to me.

The 10 Commandments were.

Call me crazy, but doesn't the book of Galations address all this? Seems Paul had some harsh words for those who would attempt to place Christians under bondage to Jewish law.

But I guess I'm to the point in my life that if someone wants to attempt to keep all 600+ commandments (and good luck with that!), let them do so. It'll be an excerise in utter frustration, but have at it.

Just don't tell ME I have to do it, and say if I don't my Christian walk is suspect. Nope. Don't even go there.

We should all do as the Bible tells us, but if we don't, it doesn't make us any less of a Christian.

Guest shiloh357

Just because I don't observe a commandment I wasn't given to keep by Jesus doesn't mean I don't love Him.  Jesus never commanded anyone to keep the Sabbath, not a single time.   I keep the commandments Jesus gave and are listed in the NT.  I don't have to observe the Sabbath because it was not given to the Church.

Sorry but you are spreading false teaching and your teachings are rejected. You twist the Bible to make it say what it doesn't say.  You have nothing good to offer here.

That is 100% incorrect. The New Testament, as I posted above, is full of keeping the Sabbath.  Do you through out all of the Bible except the 4 gospels?

Keeping the Sabbath is all over the NT.   But there is not ONE commandment to the church saying it must keep the Sabbath.   Sorry, but my comments were 100% correct.  He is spreading false teaching.   And so are you if you are saying that Sabbath observance is compulsory for the church.

Still incorrect. If your Bible is only 4 books, you go to a much different kind of church than the rest of us do. It is a law for all of us.

Sorry, but I live under the NT economy.  The New Testament doesn't command the Sabbath and I defy you to find ONE commandment to the Church to keep the Sabbath anywhere in the NT.  You can trust in your observance of the law.   I'll just trust in Jesus.

The Bible doesn't say that I am required to keep the SAbbath day.   So frankly, you are not trusting the Bible.  You are simply trusting in legalism.

No, it doesn't.   The commandment was to Israel to keep the Sabbath.  It is a sign between God and Israel (Exodus 31:13-18.   It is not between me and God.  I am in the New Testament economy and there is no Sabbath commanded to the Church.   So no, I don't have to keep the Sabbath day, because it was not commanded to me.

Sabbath is the only one of the Ten Commandments not repeated to the Church because it belongs as a sign between Israel and God.  

Sabbath is the only one of the Ten Commandments not repeated to the Church because it belongs as a sign between Israel and God.  

Matthew 5:17

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

I do not see the Sabbath mentioned in NT

Matthew 22

36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?”

37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’

38 This is the first and great commandment. 

39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’

40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

Eph 6:2

Honor thy father and mother  

Matt 19: 18

He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,    

Matt 19: 19

Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.                    

Mark 10: 19

Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.

Luke 10: 27

And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

Luke 10: 28

he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

John 13: 34

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.  

John 14: 15

If ye love me, keep my commandments. 

John 15: 10

If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

John 15: 12

This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

John 15: 13

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

John 15: 14

Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

John 15: 17

These things I command you, that ye love one another.

Romans 10:10

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

John 3:7

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Hebrews 10:16

This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

Romans 3:31

Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

1 Thessalonians 4:9

But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.

Romans 13:8, 9, 10

8 Owe no man anything, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

9  For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

10  Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Colos 2: 16

Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Mark 1: 27

And they were all amazed, insomuch that they questioned among themselves, saying, What thing is this? What new doctrine is this? For with authority commandeth he even the unclean spirits, and they do obey him.

You make a statement to say that the Sabbath Commandment is not quoted in the NT.

Why do you think were all the other commandments spelt out, whilst Jesus talked about Love only?

The answer is quite simple.

Love is the summary of the Law or put differently, you need to live out the Law to show your Love. The Ten Commandments are divided into two sections, the first four Commandments point to the Love to God, and the last six to the Love to your neighbour.

When a reference is made ie.

John 14: 15

If ye love me, keep my commandments.  (quoted by yourself)

it includes the Sabbath Commandment. It does not have to spell each Commandment out to you before you have to believe in it.

It is there. The Commandment is just the Bigger picture that need to see.

All the Commandments are important in God's eyes but the Sabbath is the only one that is ignored throughout the world today and Satan exploit this to achieve his goals.

these are NT and new covenant statements many made by Jesus the Sabbath is not among them.

( 20  different chances to add Sabbath ) in what I listed; it is not part of what Jesus taught.

I do not see the Sabbath mentioned in NT

Mark 2:27

Luke 23:56

Luke 4:16

Acts 17:2

Mark 2:28

Luke 6:1-20

Acts 16:13

And MANY more!

sorry I was not clear the " sabbath" IS listed in NT just NOT as a commandment of the New Covenant.

Jere 31:

31 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

New covenant with exact same old laws is not much of a new covenant.

Matthew 5:17

Yes, and He was talking to Jews, not Christians.  There were no Christians in that audience.

Matt 5

9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

10 By the which we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:

12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.

14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,

16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

The difference in Sabbath vs. Sabbaths is that the first Sabbath in the ten commandments was not a foreshadowing of Christ but a reminder of when the Lord rested from creation. The commandments; Thou shall not take the Lord thy God's Name in vain, honor thy father and mother, do not commit adultery, do not steal, do not murder I simply do not believe were ever done away with but that God wrote them in our heart.

That is a false dichotomy.   The Sabbath as stated in the ten commandments is the same Sabbath mentioned in Exodus 31:13-17. The Sabbath day is mentioned in different contexts.   It is a sign between the children of Israel and God.  It is unique among the ten commandments in that way.  The Sabbath is a sign between the children of Israel under the Mosaic Covenant.

There are special annual Sabbaths, but all of them point to Jesus in one fashion or another, just like the Sabbath day in the ten commandments.  It shows that you really haven't studied out the significance of the Sabbath day if you can't accept that it foreshadows Jesus.

The Sabbath day belongs to the Old Testament economy and pertains to God's relationship with Israel, for ever.  For that reason, it is not problematic for us as Christians to see only nine of the ten commandments as applicable to the Church.   It isn't a question of it being done away with.  It's just that it isn't a part of the NT economy.

You are free to keep the Sabbath day if you wish, but you have no business and no right to tell other believers that Sabbath day observance is compulsory upon them.   All genuine followers of Jesus should reject that aspect your claims out of hand.

The Law of God was from the Beginning and Adam and Eve were not Israelies or any other nationality. The Law was given to mankind. God will not include the Sabbath Commandment in His Law if He did not think it was a valid law and God does not make mistakes. The Bible also teaches that nothing of the Law may be changed or that we must keep man-made laws.

So do you offer a daily burnt offering?  Do you sacrifice sin offerings?

No I do not, as that is not part of the Law of God that had to be kept until Jesus comes again.

But you just said that nothing of the law may be changed.   Now you say it has been changed.   seems like you don't really know what you believe.

You go ahead and try to keep the Law.   I'm a Christian.  I'll just keep putting my trust in Jesus.  'Cause that's what Christians do.

Yeshua said do not think I have come to destroy  the law and but fulfill. What parts of Yeshua words you don't understand?

Edited by shinethelight14