• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

the_patriot2014

One man with a gun can control many without. Shouldn't YOU even the odds?

Brother's status posted Aug. 15, 2014

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Trust in God not in man made weapons for protection of your loved ones friends... Love in Christ...

and run...cause that is most likely what would happen

I trust in God...but I still work to pay the bills and have a roof over my noggin

There is a line between trusting in what God has actually defined as that trust.... and presumption

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Days Won:  5

It's understandable that America is big on guns, they're as easy to buy as anything else in this country. It would be interesting to hear comments from people who don't reside in the US about this subject. For the record I don't have anything against guns, I was just trying to make a point about people not able to leave the house without a gun, that comes from some kind of fear or something to do with the ego.

i don't understand why you feel that people who legally choose to carry guns do so out of either fear or ego.

does that mean that when you or your wife go in for annual checkups at the doctor, it's out of fear? or is it just being responsible for your well being?

does that mean when you get in a car and buckle your seatbelt you're doing so out of fear of having a wreck or getting a ticket? or are you just being a responsible driver?

does that mean when you ride a motorcycle and wear a helmet you're doing so out of some sense of fear? or are you simply being smart?

i think that your assumptions that people who carry guns are either ego-maniacs or have a yellow stripe up their back is a very unfair assumption. again, i don't carry a gun... but i appreciate those who do. they're stepping up to the plate and considering not only their own safety, but the safety of every man, woman and child in public. it's not people who legitimately carry guns that you should worry about. there are psychos all over the place who carry illegal weapons, and they're not afraid to use them. you can proclaim the "faith for your protection" line forever, but the facts are, there are people being senselessly murdered daily. 

consider this. yes, God may protect you and your family from death. and He may choose to protect you and your family by using someone who is legally carrying a firearm. do you really want to reject the help that God is sending you? kinda reminds ya of the story of the guy on his rooftop after a flood that refuses to accept help from the neighbors with a boat. that's not faith. it's not even wisdom. IMO it's foolishness, and possibly something akin to pride.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,174
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Boiling The Word of God down to It's finest point would be

Matt 10:28

28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not

able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is

able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

KJV

2 Peter 3:10-11

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the

night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a

great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent

heat, the earth also and the works that are therein

shall be burned up. 11 Seeing then that all these things

shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to

be in all holy conversation and godliness,

KJV

1 John 2:15-17

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the

world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father

is not in him. 16 For all that is in the world, the lust

of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of

life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. 17 And

the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that

doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

KJV

You will be tested in what is first in the life that is suppose

to belong to God! So by placing God in priority one position all

else that tempts passes away as becoming dead...

We know that all that is passes away physical/material and

all that God's Word has proclaimed will be yet we cannot dream or

think what that shall be! By faith we build into hope that pleases

God knowing as God's friends all He plans to do- build that which

does not pass away that of s/Spirit... Love, Steven

Edited by enoob57

i don't understand why you feel that people who legally choose to carry guns do so out of either fear or ego.

does that mean that when you or your wife go in for annual checkups at the doctor, it's out of fear? or is it just being responsible for your well being?

does that mean when you get in a car and buckle your seatbelt you're doing so out of fear of having a wreck or getting a ticket? or are you just being a responsible driver?

does that mean when you ride a motorcycle and wear a helmet you're doing so out of some sense of fear? or are you simply being smart?

i think that your assumptions that people who carry guns are either ego-maniacs or have a yellow stripe up their back is a very unfair assumption. again, i don't carry a gun... but i appreciate those who do. they're stepping up to the plate and considering not only their own safety, but the safety of every man, woman and child in public. it's not people who legitimately carry guns that you should worry about. there are psychos all over the place who carry illegal weapons, and they're not afraid to use them. you can proclaim the "faith for your protection" line forever, but the facts are, there are people being senselessly murdered daily. 

consider this. yes, God may protect you and your family from death. and He may choose to protect you and your family by using someone who is legally carrying a firearm. do you really want to reject the help that God is sending you? kinda reminds ya of the story of the guy on his rooftop after a flood that refuses to accept help from the neighbors with a boat. that's not faith. it's not even wisdom. IMO it's foolishness, and possibly something akin to pride.

Because guns are different than anything else, they will cause death out of our own will, they are an instrument of death. Doctors, seatbelts, helmets etc protect you from death but they aren't instruments of death. The Bible says "Thou shall not kill", to carry a gun around is to know in our subconscious that we might have to kill one day, so why carry that burden around when we know that God is more powerful than a gun to offer us protection. I understand that the Military is a different story, but there is no need to carry a gun around all day in our private civilian free lives when we trust in the Lord.

2 Timothy 1:7

For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.

Joshua 1:9

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

Hebrews 13:6

So we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?”

1 John 4:18

There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

Psalm 23:4

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Psalm 27:1

Of David. The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Deuteronomy 31:8

It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”

Romans 8:15

For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!”

Romans 8:1-39

There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit.

John 14:27

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

Isaiah 41:10

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Matthew 10:31

Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.

Galatians 5:22-23

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

Proverbs 14:27

The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, that one may turn away from the snares of death.

Luke 12:7

Why, even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not; you are of more value than many sparrows.

Psalm 34:4

I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.

Psalm 83:18

That they may know that you alone, whose name is the Lord, are the Most High over all the earth.

Jeremiah 39:17-18

But I will deliver you on that day, declares the Lord, and you shall not be given into the hand of the men of whom you are afraid. For I will surely save you, and you shall not fall by the sword, but you shall have your life as a prize of war, because you have put your trust in me, declares the Lord.’”

Isaiah 43:1-2

But now thus says the Lord, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.

Luke 8:25

He said to them, “Where is your faith?” And they were afraid, and they marveled, saying to one another, “Who then is this, that he commands even winds and water, and they obey him?”

Psalm 27:13

I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,116
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Trust in God not in man made weapons for protection of your loved ones friends... Love in Christ...

and run...cause that is most likely what would happen

I trust in God...but I still work to pay the bills and have a roof over my noggin

There is a line between trusting in what God has actually defined as that trust.... and presumption

have you ever been mugged?

and for the record Hall7 God told us not to murder he didn't say not to kill.

I might add that one does not have to kill to protect him/herself or others with a gun.   I do carry, but the last thing in the world I want to do is kill someone....    One never really gets over that.....   ask a vet.....      but worse would be living with not stopping someone from raping my wife, daughter or grand kids.......   or maybe even the neighbor..   Since I see those things happening to people, even Christians, across our country, I am assuming that God is leaving it up to us to protect ourselves.

When Jesus sent the disciples out not carrying money or food he told them to go unarmed.......   but when he sent them back out with both money and food he told them to take their swords with them for protection.......    he could have just said you will be protected anyway, but he didn't.     I don't see any difference today.

If I am put in a position to need to, my prayer would be to not miss and hurt anyone else.   If God doesn't want the perp to die, he can mess with my aim a bit or spook the perp into leaving us alone......    and that has happened to me twice in life.

• Topic Count:  123
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Days Won:  9

"Guns are an instrument of Death"

Guns are also, instrument of Life as well, the life of the innocence. I understand we have different backgrounds, just happy the I have the background I've had. You have really reveled yourself, hope you did't ever need one.

and run...cause that is most likely what would happen I trust in God...but I still work to pay the bills and have a roof over my noggin There is a line between trusting in what God has actually defined as that trust.... and presumption

have you ever been mugged?   and for the record Hall7 God told us not to murder he didn't say not to kill. I might add that one does not have to kill to protect him/herself or others with a gun.   I do carry, but the last thing in the world I want to do is kill someone....    One never really gets over that.....   ask a vet.....      but worse would be living with not stopping someone from raping my wife, daughter or grand kids.......   or maybe even the neighbor..   Since I see those things happening to people, even Christians, across our country, I am assuming that God is leaving it up to us to protect ourselves. When Jesus sent the disciples out not carrying money or food he told them to go unarmed.......   but when he sent them back out with both money and food he told them to take their swords with them for protection.......    he could have just said you will be protected anyway, but he didn't.     I don't see any difference today. If I am put in a position to need to, my prayer would be to not miss and hurt anyone else.   If God doesn't want the perp to die, he can mess with my aim a bit or spook the perp into leaving us alone......    and that has happened to me twice in life.
I understand Otherone and I appreciate everyone's honest comments... So do you think God would not have protected you in these situations if you didn't happen to have a gun?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

It's understandable that America is big on guns, they're as easy to buy as anything else in this country. It would be interesting to hear comments from people who don't reside in the US about this subject. For the record I don't have anything against guns, I was just trying to make a point about people not able to leave the house without a gun, that comes from some kind of fear or something to do with the ego.

How is that?

I don't reside in the US...but I am not sure why you want to engage foreign opinions?  

Do you not realize what is going on outside your borders?

Well make the point on those who have the ego or the fear.  I think this is something different.

I also think that lumping everyone together is not a fair practice