IGNORED

How can so many false religions continue?

gdemoss

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  653
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/26/1977

There is but one true living God.

How is it that so many false religions and false views of God continue to exist without being brought into subjection to the true?

I do not have the complete answer and look forward to hearing your responses but I do have a better answer than when I first began to try to understand God.

I understand that God is God and does not change.

From this point on my arguments will begin to break down because nothing compares to God but I have to have a frame of reference to work from so poor comparisons through illistrations must suffice.

A rock is a rock is a rock. A rock has properties that allow us to interact with it. Unlike God we can change a rock so here it breaks down but let us suppose that for the sake of the illustration that we cannot.

So we can do all kinds of things concerning this rock provided we don't disturb the rock and cause it to fall upon us and break us into pieces.

God has properties or attributes if you will such as mercy, grace and patience that seem to provide a framework for principalities and powers, rulers in high places to author and build whole religions around so that those following the false religion have freedom to move within set boundaries that allows them to live their lives in error without ever crossing the line too far and being destroyed by the one true God.

In other words there is enough truth in them to sustain them. But like a chess game it is only a matter of time until tge one true God will position his pieces to eliminate all error.

God is good. And really patient!

We (Christians) can't even agree with one another on the scriptures on some issues, beliefs, or teachings!

Scriptures can strictly forbid something and we'll come up with arguments and justifications why we can. Does this surprise you that people are enticed and led astray by their own desires? This is the reason for false religions. Also ignorance, pride and tradition, not wanting to believe that you are wrong. People are also conditioned by normalization. Satan also uses truth to deceive. He uses mostly truth with some falsehood, and people see the some truth in whatever they believe.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi faith pleases God,

That is so true, you said -

`We (Christians) can't even agree with one another on the scriptures on some issues, beliefs, or teachings!`

I`m glad you said - `some issues...` for the enemy would try & cloud our minds thinking that we can never come to the `Unity of faith,` what we believe. However as you so rightly said `some issues,` for we need to remember that the Holy Spirit has been guiding us into `all truth.` Over the centuries the Body of Christ has been lead into one truth after another concerning Christ - Salvation, Baptism, the Holy Spirit, giftings, ministries till we have the final truth that we will come to realise - the purposes of God for the 3 groups.

If you look in at the Eschatology section you will see the `great battles,` for `Where we are going... our future direction,` This is the great truth that is being contended for. In past decades we saw people contending for the truth of the `Holy Spirit baptism,` & there were fierce battles over that truth, but if you would notice that truth has generally been received across the Body, and now we are on to the last `final battle - What is our purpose.` 

Hi faith pleases God,

That is so true, you said -

`We (Christians) can't even agree with one another on the scriptures on some issues, beliefs, or teachings!`

I`m glad you said - `some issues...` for the enemy would try & cloud our minds thinking that we can never come to the `Unity of faith,` what we believe. However as you so rightly said `some issues,` for we need to remember that the Holy Spirit has been guiding us into `all truth.` Over the centuries the Body of Christ has been lead into one truth after another concerning Christ - Salvation, Baptism, the Holy Spirit, giftings, ministries till we have the final truth that we will come to realise - the purposes of God for the 3 groups.

If you look in at the Eschatology section you will see the `great battles,` for `Where we are going... our future direction,` This is the great truth that is being contended for. In past decades we saw people contending for the truth of the `Holy Spirit baptism,` & there were fierce battles over that truth, but if you would notice that truth has generally been received across the Body, and now we are on to the last `final battle - What is our purpose.` 

I can agree with that! I said some issues, but most of the major issues are agreed upon among the church. However, we do have a lot of divisions and denominations, but we know that Christ is not divided and we follow Him only.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi faith please God,

Praise the Lord for brotherly & sisterly agreement.

Have a good day. Marilyn.

Hi faith please God,

Praise the Lord for brotherly & sisterly agreement.

Have a good day. Marilyn.

:laughing:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  57
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

How is it that so many false religions and false views of God continue to exist without being brought into subjection to the true?

I do not have the complete answer and look forward to hearing your responses but I do have a better answer than when I first began to try to understand God.

From this point on my arguments will begin to break down because nothing compares to God but I have to have a frame of reference to work from so poor comparisons through illistrations must suffice.

A rock is a rock is a rock. A rock has properties that allow us to interact with it. Unlike God we can change a rock so here it breaks down but let us suppose that for the sake of the illustration that we cannot.

So we can do all kinds of things concerning this rock provided we don't disturb the rock and cause it to fall upon us and break us into pieces.

God has properties or attributes if you will such as mercy, grace and patience that seem to provide a framework for principalities and powers, rulers in high places to author and build whole religions around so that those following the false religion have freedom to move within set boundaries that allows them to live their lives in error without ever crossing the line too far and being destroyed by the one true God.

In other words there is enough truth in them to sustain them. But like a chess game it is only a matter of time until tge one true God will position his pieces to eliminate all error.

The majority of false religions these days are based on money. Oh, they say they are based on Christ but they are carrying Judas's money belt. The plan of God to purge His people at the end has never changed. It can still be found in verses like Jeremiah 25:30-37, Isaiah 34:1-4 There are many more scriptures like these that show what happens at the end. Everything is leading and pressing forward to that grand finally. But we all know that the Just shall live by faith. 

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings zvahoney!!!

Amen!!!!   You cannot serve God AND mammon!       Again,simply another false god.......very true friend,very true                                          With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,665
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  3

They still exist today for the same reason that God allows Satan to continue until the time of his destruction in the lake of fire. The reason is as a punishment and testing for those who rebel against our Heavenly Father and His Son.

God gave us each the free will to make a choice to believe Him and love Him, or not. He did not create us like a robot to automatically without question love Him. That kind of love wouldn't be real Love. Thus He allows us to seek and follow whatever we so choose. And since His Way is the Only True Way that will never be a mockery, all those other paths are doomed to failure.