IGNORED

is it okay for the young Christians to drink alcohol?

miriam40012

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

most of the teens nowadays drink alcohols

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,171
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

under 18 absolutely no...   it's illegal.

Over 18 in serious moderation I personally say it's ok as long as it does not become an addictive problem.

i agree with other one.

problem is, if they're under 18, they're already exhibiting an inability to drink "responsibly", or in moderation. they're drinking to fit in, be cool, and feel high... and those characteristics and reasons will likely follow them into their adult years, totally obliterating any "it's ok" notion.

it's ok for (adult) christians to have a drink now and again. it's not ok to get wasted in order to be accepted by one's peers, and it's not ok to try to fill up some emptiness with alcohol that only God can fill.

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Drunkenness is a sin.  It is sin to not obey the laws of the land---drinking under the legal age in your state, drive after drinking,  

Alcohol lowers inhibitions, so you are more apt to do other sinful things while drinking.

Most alcoholics started drinking as teens or young adults.

Most alcoholics that I have known are "social drinkers".  They started by wanting to fit in with the crowd.  They think it is smart and sophisticated to drink.  They have to have it to relax and have fun.  These are not Christian values.  They are the world's values.  We are told to not be conformed to the world, but be transformed by the renewing of our minds.  We are to present our bodies as living sacrifices to God to be His servants.  We are to renew our minds daily by reading the Bible.  

Partying is called revelry in the Bible and it is forbidden.  The best choice would be not to drink alcohol.  

Some people have a genetic weakness for alcoholism.  If there are any alcoholics in your family tree, don't drink.  

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Alcohol is definitely not okay! Paul listed drunkenness as a "work of the flesh," the same as murder, adultery, and idolatry.

Galatians 5:19-21:

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings miriam

Welcome to Worthy..............most teens nowadays do a lot of things but that should never determine what is good & acceptable to God.As others have said here & on many other threads,alcohol is not the issue.....it is over indulgence that leads to drunkeness & possibly addiction

This is only the Welcome Forum.the place where we come to welcome you to this Ministry,so glad you are here.You can start a thread on this topic to discuss it when posting it in an appropriate forum after you have 5 posts,,,,,,,please take the time to read the ToS(terms of service)you will find it very helpful.......I would be more than happy to talk more on this subject(alcohol)when it is posted appropriatley& in keeping with the rules

So why don't you tell us a little about yourself now & you only have 2 more posts & you can begin a thread wherever you like

With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

This is something everyone needs to decided for themselves. Personally I do not feel that I should drink alcohol, but I do not judge others who choice to do so. That is between them and God.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

Its not drinking that is the sin. It is drunkeness that is the sin. Most teens will be drinking to get drunk. There is a high chance of addiction in some families. If there are others that suffer from substance abuse issues in your family, it is best to avoid alcohol completely.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

Not sure what the legal age is where you are, but where I am, it is 21. Nevertheless, why do you want to be like the world?

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

21 here. . .