justfaith

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

The vast majority of people in our world today, who look for the return of the Redeemer as King of Kings and Lord of Lords, expect to be taken to heaven to spend a thousand years. Some of these expect to return to planet earth at the end of this millennium or some short period of time in heaven. Countless sermons have been preached, all exhorting the "faithful" about this great expectation. 

Those who teach otherwise are dismissed as weird or false. 

But what does the bible teach ? Has heaven been promised to redeemed ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Some say there is no heaven, others say you enter "Atman", some say we go to Nirvana, others call it Elysium, yet some say we keep doing this life over and over again until we get it right.  So what?  There is only one truth, and that is when those who die in Christ, go to be with Him.

What do you say?  You never mentioned that ...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,243
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi justfaith,

You have hit on one of the last great truths the Body of Christ has to understand & overcome the false teaching. So look into it very carefully. Here are some of my thoughts with scripture.

What is our calling? `Therefore holy brethren, partakers of a heavenly calling..` (Heb. 3: 1)
What is our hope? `We give thanks......because of the hope laid up for you in heaven,..` (Col. 1: 5)
Where is our citizenship? `For our citizenship is in heaven,....` (Phil. 3: 20)
Where is our new body? `For indeed in this house (body) we groan, longing to be clothed with our dwelling from heaven.` (2 Cor. 5: 2)

WHAT IS THIS NEW BODY LIKE?
It is like Christ. `We know that when He appears, we shall be like Him...` (1 John 3: 2)
`God...also predestined (us) to become conformed to the image of His Son.` (Rom. 8: 29)

It has a divine nature. `For He (God) has granted ....that you might become partakers of the divine nature,...` (2 Peter 1: 4)

It is imperishable. `For this perishable must put on the imperishable...` (1 Cor. 15: 53)
It is immortal. `and this mortal must put on immortality.` (1 Cor. 15: 53)

It can go through different dimensions. `And their eyes were opened & they recognised Him; & he vanished from their sight.` (Luke 24: 31)

As the Apostle Paul warns us - `Let no one keep defrauding you of your prize... & not holding fast to the Head - Christ.` (Col. 2: 18 & 19) 

`I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call / on top calling of God in Christ Jesus.` (Phil. 3: 14)

Blessings, Marilyn.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

You all can go where you want......   I'm going here (assuming he lets me)

Rev 21:1-4
21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea. 2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He shall dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself shall be among them, 4 and He shall wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there shall no longer be any death;
NASB

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

Yep other one, what most people consider "Heaven" is coming here.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,657
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

The Bible teaches that the present earth and heaven(s) that now exist will b destroyed. And a new heaven and new earth (heaven-earth) will take their place. 

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings justfaith....

The Word of God tells us we will enter into Gods Kingdom,,,,,,yes,a new Heaven & a new earth as others have said & other one posted the beautiful description we are given in Revelation,,,,,,we will be WITH God,WOW! That is more than I could ever dream of & surely it will be beyond our greatest expectations as Paul calls it "our Prize"....Glory to God

I just want to add that I really love to hear the many stories told by people who have clinically & biologically died & then return to their bodies to live to tell us where they claim to have been & what they claim they have seen...........can they all be making it up,all of them ? Their stories are all very similar,some stand before the gates of Heaven while others enter in the front courts & they can barely describe what they say they have seen because there is nothing they have ever seen to compare it to,,,,,,,brilliant Light that embraces them yet it is not hot,colors  beyond their wildest imagination,spirit bodies that are ageless,genderless,colorless.........they feel no weight of their own bodies,they experience infinity in just moments and then those that try to describe Jesus........Love,Peace,Joy.............& they just had a little glimpse and they are changed forever by this brief journey........................Gods Glory,Him......the Great I Am........."HOME"......

Well,not that these claims are necessary (for me)to confirm what God has told us about Heaven but it is lovely to delight in these peoples Joy......................anyway,this is what came to mind & I wanted to share that,an amazing testimony is by a Mr.Howard Pittman.......anything outside of the Scriptures should always be tried & tested,pray always for discernment & remember Gods Word is Authority.,His Timeless Truth ........                                                                                             With love,in Christ,Kwik

I would just say that to me it doesn't really matter where we go as long as it is with Him/Hims....

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

The Bible teaches that the present earth and heaven(s) that now exist will b destroyed. And a new heaven and new earth (heaven-earth) will take their place. 

All the heavens will be destroyed ?

All the heavens will be destroyed ?

If God is coming here with new Jerusalem, what use is the old heaven or heavens,  would it not be empty?