IGNORED

Would it be easier to prove the existence of Satan?

bilyard

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

No. It would make no difference to atheists. They explain away creation and the very order of the universe through any semi feasible explanation so they would do the same with all supernatural.

It would depend on the Atheist. Many Atheists turn to Jesus every day.

There are two types of Atheist  - those who simply don't believe and those that don't want to believe (they have already rejected God).

Your comment would apply to the latter. The former group are merely seekers who haven't found yet.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

No. It would make no difference to atheists. They explain away creation and the very order of the universe through any semi feasible explanation so they would do the same with all supernatural.

I'm not sure I can agree with this gde......     when someone gets one of Lillith's personal demons to manifest, it's really kind of hard to talk that away; and it's even more difficult to get their friends to go away.

I'm not sure everyone understands what would entail introducing someone to the devil...

if one did manage to actually meet Satan.......     well.....    it would not be that difficult to think of him as God.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Why do we as Christians even discuss such things in such detail?

All we are really doing is giving satan airtime he does not deserve.

I discuss it because some people seem to have an interest and I'd not be comfortable in not telling them to leave it alone.....   If you notice I do not bring these subjects up.....

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I discuss it because some people seem to have an interest and I'd not be comfortable in not telling them to leave it alone.....   If you notice I do not bring these subjects up.....

Yes I know you don't, It's just when a new Christian starts asking this sort of question I feel we should direct them to Jesus instead. We should always direct them to Jesus. You have experiences and so do I, and we would, for instance, be better led to discuss them privately, and even then, to what end? 

When I faced what I faced I had complete faith in Jesus, and had no such questions as are posed in the OP. I just knew Jesus was my Fortress and my Rock. 

When I faced what I faced I had complete faith in Jesus, and had no such questions as are posed in the OP. I just knew Jesus was my Fortress and my Rock. 

the question in the OP was concerning Atheists.  Not new believers....      If we can't get them to believe that there is a God, maybe we could show them the devil......   then get help from God.....            It does have some logical sense to it in a way, but it's not a good idea.

Since this is not the first person that has asked me this over the years, I thought it would be a good idea to say it's not a good idea and why.  Especially young Christians should avoid this.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  738
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

Would athiest be more inclined to change if they were exposed to demonic evidence? Personally, when I started looking for the truth and started to accept Jesus. There was a pull to keep me away from him, that was when I was attacked by a demon. This reinforced that my faith in Jesus will save me. Instead of boggling over what Christians have to say, do athiest check out satanic religions or research witchcraft? If these other ideals can shine some light on the devil or demonic spirits, surely it can convince them that there is a contrary (GOD)?

The last and only time(s) I worried about demons was when I believed in them, my belief was not founded in any life experience but was rooted in scriptural "evidence". If I did somehow come across some evil entity today, I don't know that it would necessarily cause me to reconsider Christianity.

Edited by Bonky

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

Some lost/atheist will not repent and believe in God, no matter how much evidence is seen or produced.

Here in Scripture a dead man in Hell is requesting of Abraham that a dead man be allowed to return to the living.

The reason being to let them know of the place of torment that he is in, that those living would not come to, on their appointment with death.

Luke 16:27-31

Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

And yet, thank God, some lost/atheist do come!

Mark 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

Galations 3:22-24

But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe. But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

John 3:15-21

That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

God is not willing that any that are lost should perish, and He does not believe in Atheist.

As in Adam, we all have an appointment with death.

If one does not wish to meet death twice, repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ! :)

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Some lost/atheist will not repent and believe in God, no matter how much evidence is seen or produced.

Here in Scripture a dead man in Hell is requesting of Abraham that a dead man be allowed to return to the living.

The reason being to let them know of the place of torment that he is in, that those living would not come to, on their appointment with death.

Luke 16:27-31

Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.......If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

I find it interesting that it in this story, Jesus is promoting the Hebrew Scriptures, the books of Moses and the prophets. But many Christians seem to have discarded Moses and the prophets because they are works and you can't work for your salvation. Their theology is all about belief in Jesus, FAITH.

As James, Jesus' brother, has written. What use is it, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but he has no works? Can that faith save him? Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead. But are you willing to recognize, you foolish fellow, that faith without works is useless?

Have Faith, but one must have works.

See what Jesus has said......

Matthew 19:16-17

And someone came to Him and said, “Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may obtain eternal life?” 17 And He said to him, “Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.”

Luke 19:8-10

8 Zaccheus stopped and said to the Lord, “Behold, Lord, half of my possessions I will give to the poor, and if I have defrauded anyone of anything, I will give back four times as much.” 9 And Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because he, too, is a son of Abraham. 10 For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.”

John 5:28-29

Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, 29 and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.

Luke 10:25-28

And a lawyer stood up and put Him to the test, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” 26 And He said to him, “What is written in the Law? How does it read to you?” 27 And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.” 28 And He said to him, “You have answered correctly; do this and you will live.”