justfaith

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

Wow.  I am newer to reading the bible,  and I thought the woman was simply Mary, the child Jesus, and the dragon  Herod sending to kill all male children two and under in the vicinity of Jerusalem.  Since Satan would have wanted nothing more than to kill Jesus, and it was explained in Matthew how her and the family took off thru the wilderness to settle in Egypt.  The place prepared for her. How long was Jesus in Egypt?  He was still a child when they returned to Isreal, since in Luke he stayed behind at 12 years of age during the passover. Maybe you are all over complicating it. :)

I think people are.

Revelation is highly symbolic.

And there were no chapter/verses in the original writings.

What comes right before the passage on the woman and the child was continuous with it.

The appearance of ark of the covenant immediately preceeds the woman and the child

The ark of the covenant contained the law, the rod of arron and the mana   -  all types and shadows of Christ.

The ark itself was a type and shadow - here of Mary who carried the reality, the Christ child, the fullfillment of the contents of the ark, in her womb for 9 months.

She became the living ark for the  anti-type of of the contents of the ark of the covenant.

So here we have this symbolic imagery of Mary bearing the Christ child in her womb immediately followed by the woman with the child - now the child is here.   We know satan tried to have him killed as a child.

It is very plainly Mary, but has also been understood to be the Church and Jerusalem as layers of the same imagery.

Edited by thereselittleflower

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Wow.  I am newer to reading the bible,  and I thought the woman was simply Mary, the child Jesus, and the dragon  Herod sending to kill all male children two and under in the vicinity of Jerusalem.  Since Satan would have wanted nothing more than to kill Jesus, and it was explained in Matthew how her and the family took off thru the wilderness to settle in Egypt.  The place prepared for her. How long was Jesus in Egypt?  He was still a child when they returned to Isreal, since in Luke he stayed behind at 12 years of age during the passover. Maybe you are all over complicating it. :)

I think people are.

What comes right before the passage on the woman and the child was continuous with it.

The appearance of ark of the covenant immediately preceeds the woman and the child

The ark of the covenant contained the law, the rod of arron and the mana   -  all types and shadows of Christ.

Christ indwelt Mary for 9 months.  She became the living ark for the  anti-type of of the contents of the ark of the covenant.

So here we have this symbolic imagery of Mary bearing the Christ child in her womb immediately followed by the woman with the child - now the child is here.   

It is very plainly Mary, but has also been understood to be the Church and Jerusalem as layers of the same imagery.

Since you are RCC I do not think you interpret the Book of Revelation like those who take that book as literally as possible.Yes,there are some figures of speech in the pages of the Bible but those are obvious.

The woman in those verses is Israel not Mary.

I think people are.

Christ indwelt Mary for 9 months.  She became the living ark for the  anti-type of of the contents of the ark of the covenant.

So here we have this symbolic imagery of Mary bearing the Christ child in her womb immediately followed by the woman with the child - now the child is here.   

Since you are RCC I do not think you interpret the Book of Revelation like those who take that book as literally as possible.Yes,there are some figures of speech in the pages of the Bible but those are obvious.

I think people are.

Please do not bring Catholicism into this thread.   

I came to this interpretation while protestant.  This is also protestant interpretation.

: "There is here, of course, direct reference to the birth of Jesus from Mary".

Baptist A. T. Robertson (Word Pictures in the New Testament - six volumes), says of Rev. 12:5

"the 'catching up' is sufficiently similar to the victorious ascension of Jesus to make plain its real meaning in this context."

Eerdmans Bible Commentary

"rod of iron . . . ch. 2:27; Psalm 2:9, which passages prove the Lord Jesus to be meant. Any interpretation which ignores this must be wrong."

Jamieson, Fausset,and Brown Commentary

If the child is Jesus than the woman of necessity is Mary.

And from an Anglican applying biblical anthropology

http://biblicalanthropology.blogspot.com/2013/03/revelation-12-woman-child-and-dragon.html

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

~

Beloved, Since Jesus Is That Child

And a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars. She was pregnant and was crying out in birth pains and the agony of giving birth. Revelation 12:1-2 (ESV)

Then The Woman Of Necessity Is Zion

The woman fled into the wilderness to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days. Revelation 12:6 (NIV)

As I Read It

But everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved, for some on Mount Zion in Jerusalem will escape, just as the LORD has said. These will be among the survivors whom the LORD has called.
Joel 2:32 (NLT)

~

Beloved, Since Jesus Is That Child

And a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars. She was pregnant and was crying out in birth pains and the agony of giving birth. Revelation 12:1-2 (ESV)

Then The Woman Of Necessity Is Zion

The woman fled into the wilderness to a place prepared for her by God, where she might be taken care of for 1,260 days. Revelation 12:6 (NIV)

As I Read It

But everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved, for some on Mount Zion in Jerusalem will escape, just as the LORD has said. These will be among the survivors whom the LORD has called.
Joel 2:32 (NLT)

I believe it has multiple levels of interpretation, So i agree that it is also Zion or Jerusalem/israel.

Edited by thereselittleflower

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:emot-heartbeat:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

Mary gave birth to Jesus literally, but spiritually, the Christian church gave birth to Jesus. It was by them that the gospel went to all the world. It was the faithful Christians who fled the persecution of the secular Christians who now held political power through the Papacy, which reigned for 1260 days/years.

Mary represents the true church, which allows the character of Christ to be formed within them, to the extent that the world sees a change, symbolized as the birth of Christ. 

As someone said earlier, this was the early rain in the days of the apostles, and the latter rain is the victory of the remnant, the saints at the end of time.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

So was Herod the Great "the Devil Dragon" that came against Mary ? He tried to kill the new King.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,119
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

Revelation 2:26-27
26  And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
27  And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Saints who overcome and make it in the Bride will rule with a rod of Iron .

The man child represent the saints. Just like the Bride represent the church saints. Is there just one bride ?

The last verse in chapter 12 who is the remnant of her seed ?  Jesus's brother ?

Chapter 12 is two parts = one part is history and other part is now and future. The Early rain and latter rain saints  James 5:7

No the man child does not represet the saints because at the end itsays the dragon was enraged and went off to make war with the rest of her children, those who keep the comandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus.  Rev 12:17.  THAT would be the saints.  My bible does start this section and headlines it 'The Woman, Isreal.'   Now that I went back and looked.  It also says 'The Male Child, Christ.'  

If you are going to believe whatever your Bible's publisher says, you can't be helped here. This forum will be useless to you.

There will be plenty of remnant saints upon earth, even after the elect of the Church is raptured, because Israel will be converted when they see Jesus "sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven" for his people. Matt. 26:64

Rev. 1:7 Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.

Zech 12:10 “And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn."

Rom. 11:26 And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:

“The Deliverer will come out of Zion,
And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;
27 For this is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins.”

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/21/1969

26  And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
27  And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

The man child represent the saints. Just like the Bride represent the church saints. Is there just one bride ?

The last verse in chapter 12 who is the remnant of her seed ?  Jesus's brother ?

Chapter 12 is two parts = one part is history and other part is now and future. The Early rain and latter rain saints  James 5:7

No the man child does not represet the saints because at the end itsays the dragon was enraged and went off to make war with the rest of her children, those who keep the comandments of God and hold to the testimony of Jesus.  Rev 12:17.  THAT would be the saints.  My bible does start this section and headlines it 'The Woman, Isreal.'   Now that I went back and looked.  It also says 'The Male Child, Christ.'  

If you are going to believe whatever your Bible's publisher says, you can't be helped here. This forum will be useless to you.

There will be plenty of remnant saints upon earth, even after the elect of the Church is raptured, because Israel will be converted when they see Jesus "sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven" for his people. Matt. 26:64

Rev. 1:7 Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.

Zech 12:10 “And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn."

Rom. 11:26 And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:

“The Deliverer will come out of Zion,
And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;
27 For this is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins.”

There will be plenty of remnant saints upon earth, even after the elect 

My phone won't let me go past this. I guess it doesn't like long quotes of quotes of quotes.  Me and my phone have something in common :D 

Anyway, sorry you believe that.  God bless.