Qnts2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

Jesus said "you read the scriptures cause in them you think you have life" (well that's true) "But they are them that speak of me."

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.

They have been saying these things for years and the reason is because sound doctrine nullifies their preaching. No Joyce, no Benny, no Kenny, no Rick, no Bill, no emergant church no ecuminism if we bring the bible into it all. Well, sound doctrine that is. 

There is a simple perspective about these things. Sound doctrine magnifies our Lord and gets our eyes and hope on things above, notice how their preaching gets our eyes and hope on things of this world. Temporal mindedness.  Sound doctrine lifts our eyes and directs our faith in the Lord no matter what condition we find our life in, false doctrine sets our eyes on the temporal and directs our faith in faith connecting our faithfulness to the material elements of this world. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

One church that believed "No creed but Christ" and that doctrines divide, also had its own formula that they wanted everyone to subscribe to.: baptism by immersion, the Lord's Supper every Sunday, repent, believe confess and be baptized. They wanted all denominations to unite under their formula. My liberal Disciples of Christ "Christian" church denied the trinity because the word wasn't in the Bible and took the word out of every hymn. So I sang Holy Holy Holy without any reference to the Trinity. Jesus was just the son of God so many believed he was only a good man. I don't remember them talking about the Holy Spirit at all except to baptize in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Other Disciples Christian churches are not so liberal and some teach the Trinity.

Today that church has died and the building is being used by another. It is sad that it took 60 years to die.

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Qnts2,

I believe that true doctrine divides from the false, but as to dividing people, only our bad attitude will do that. I can have fellowship with those that think differently on the `end times,` because I know that the Holy Spirit has yet to bring that truth across the Body of Christ. Many other truths have been revealed by the Holy Spirit over the years, as Jesus promised -

`when He the Spirit of Truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth....` (John 16: 13)

The majority of the Body of Christ believe the main truths of Christ, but there is still the `purposes of the 3 groups,` to be discussed, shared & revealed as truth. Then the Body of Christ, I believe will have come to the unity of Faith, a mature man. `speaking the truth in love.....we grow up.` (Eph. 4; 15)

So `Truth` - is  (true) doctrine & `in love,` is with the right attitude.

`let us therefore as many as are perfect, have this attitude; & if in anything you have a different attitude, God will reveal that also to you. ` (Phil. 3: 15)

It`s our attitude, as usual, that divides. God always extends His hand.... Marilyn.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  336
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

I can understand it. It could even be one of those statements that is not meant to be taken literally but rather to get conversation going.

In a way the comment is spot on. When I look at all the different denominations and how much we have in common yet people seem to want to focus on the differences rather than what we have in common. In my opinion part of the reason is that people do not know what is essential doctrine. It is made clear in the bible that we can have different views on some matters and that it is not a problem and that we should have grace and love to accept those differences in belief. Many seem to have fallen for the lie that our beliefs must match exactly otherwise there can be no unity. Generally when the bible talks about unity it is not talking about same beliefs but having the same goal. How we reach that goal may not be the same but as long as we are striving to that same goal basically its all good. If told a group of people they needed to travel from new york to chicago have any of them done the wrong thing just because one drives, another flies, one gets a bus and another a train (yeah I have no idea if train is an option). They all get there but did so a different way. Instead as christians we tend to split into groups and want to say those that drive are ignorant sinners instead of ok they like to enjoy the trip while I would rather get there and enjoy the destination.

Guest shiloh357

I have heard several people in leadership, on TV and now locally say, we don't need doctrine. That doctrine divides and division is not good.

What do you all think?

Not all division is bad.   We need to be divided from those who teach false doctrine.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

I think this on the media is referring to a one world religon. But I could be wrong and someone will most probably try to prove this. But as I said this is just my opinion and yes everyone has one.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

I have heard several people in leadership, on TV and now locally say, we don't need doctrine. That doctrine divides and division is not good.

What do you all think?

While I agree with some of the statements made, I will also note that saying 'we don't need doctrine' can be the unfortunate result of thinking you don't

need to study or read scripture either because you get your word direct from God

Those people have failed to consider that seducing spirits work in those situations and many are led astray

I have known far too many people who have given their ears to false teaching and have the fruitless and confusing lives to prove it

You can build your life on what is real and what is sound doctrine, but you will fail if you follow false teaching no matter how 'good' it feels and how sincere you might be

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

So what do you have if you don't have doctrine?  You are left with what we saw in the book of judges... "Every man did that which was right in HIS OWN eyes."

Some people think its good to rape and abuse.

People who seriously ask if doctrine is good or bad, really seem to care not one bit what Christ says... THAT is our doctrine along with everything else written in the book.  Our problem many times is that we really don't care to come to the truth. We are fast becoming a nation of morons that couldn't care less.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

I am not sure how you can not have a doctrine. If you are talking about a church, I think every church would have to have a doctrine or people there would just be running a muck so to say. :hmmm::35:

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,184
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I am not sure how you can not have a doctrine. If you are talking about a church, I think every church would have to have a doctrine or people there would just be running a muck so to say. :hmmm::35:

peekingduck.jpgConfussion say never run a muck with peeking duck on head...