Mswright6488

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  4

We moved into a pretty old house last yr about this time. I think they were here already.

Sounds like the right diagnosis. And clearly you have more awareness of these things than most.

What you need to do is to take dominion over the premises in the name of Christ. Preferably, bring in someone with experience with such matters, and go room to room, praying in the authority of the name of Christ, that any spirits not of Him must depart. These prayers must call upon the Lord in true faith, nothing doubting, which is why it is helpful to have someone with experience in these things take the lead.

I completely agree with William, on this, but am wondering if possibly the previous or one of previous owners of the house may have been involve in the occult?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.21
  • Days Won:  115

THE bible doesnt teach demons. 

Sure it does.  Check out the link  ... demons.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,268
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

THE bible doesnt teach demons. 

Hummmm,    my seven Bibles do... One of which OneLight used.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I have seen one woman who was possessed. It froze me in my spot.  I never want to see anything like that again.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  201
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

what causes demons to fear a Christian is faith in the name of Jesus; not faith plus personal holiness.

if you could see a demon for what it really is, you would see a small, ugly creature that's full of fear and dread and trembles at everything, but has a really big mouth.  you are a part of the Body of Christ and as such have authority over all evil spirits, but you must realize this in order to use that authority.  follow His example; simply tell them to shut up and get out; and mean it.

Agree with this - you have to 'get mad! and MEAN IT!!' They will continue to harass you until you Find and Own the Authority you have in Christs name!

You may also practice praying in the Spirit out loud, if you have that gift.

I would definitely find a Mature fellow believer (Pastor maybe?) who is willing to come in, check out the attic, clean it out if need be(physically&Spiritually). Spiritually Cleanse and  bless every room in the home and some anointing oil on the door posts never harmed anybody either!

You really should nip this thing in the butt, sooner rather than later, especially if you have young children who may scare.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.60
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings smokey

Welcome to Worthy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Gods Word is very clear on speaking about demons,,,,,perhaps you do not understand that the word "demon "is not ALWAYS used

demon (daemon)

the Greek form, translated “devil” in the King James Version of the New Testament

Demons are spoken of as spiritual beings (Matt. 8:16; 10:1; 12:43-45) at enmity with God, and as having a certain power over man (James 2:19; Rev. 16:14).

They recognize our Lord as the Son of God (Matt. 8:20; Luke 4:41). They belong to the number of those angels that “kept not their first estate,” “unclean spirits,” “fallen angels,” the angels of the devil (Matt. 25:41; Rev. 12:7-9). They are the “principalities and powers” against which we must “wrestle” (Eph. 6:12).
Author: Matthew G. Easton.

The word demon(s) does not appear in the King James Bible, which uses the word “devils” instead. The New King James Bible uses the word “demon(s)” in 72 verses.

Do all demons (devils) fear the one true God? Yes. (James 2:19)

The only exorcist mentioned in the Old Testament is David (1 Samuel 16:23). In the New Testament, both Jesus and his Apostles cast out demons through the power of the Holy Spirit.                                                                                                                                                                                                              web Bible encyclopedia

Principalities,spirits of the air,unclean spirits etc...are demons............the Word of God is also very clear on putting on Gods Full Armor ,stepping on serpents & scorpions,Standing on our Position of Victory,Authority in Christ to withstand the attempts of demons to lead everyone & anyone away from God and lead us into temptation ............ the god of this world is very busy at work today and the oppressors are demons,,,,

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Through out my life and really more so when I got saved... I have had encounters with the demonic. They have manifested in the natural where my spiritual eyes and ears could hear and see them. I have not actually seen one.. but have seen them through objects in my home. I used to have angel figurines on my shelf and could see them (demons) manifesting through the faces on the figurines. I was wondering if anyone else has had these experiences as I have and how? Thank you for your responses.

Whether one sees or hears apparitions of the supernatural, one ought to recognize that humankind has NO powers against them apart from minor changes affecting the physical environment.   Men consider themselves to be the supreme entity in the universe.  It is unsettling to discover we are not.  So it is with those, myself included, who have engaged beings on the supernatural level.

It must be reiterated here that only the blood of Christ can save a man or woman from the clutches of the kingdom of satan.  This includes, but is not limited to demons, unclean spirits, ghosts and disembodied human spirits.

A tip for anyone who wants to de-haunt a house or apartment:   If the haunting is a disembodied human spirit, one only needs to rearrange the structure.  A new coat of paint often goes a long way to ejecting an unwanted spirit.  A caution should be noted here that such entities do not appreciate anyone manipulating what they consider to be their domain.  They will do what they can to interfere with the process.   In the initial phases, things can get very interesting.

You don't need to hire ghostbusters, the local witch doctor or a ghost whisperer.   Just buy paint at Home Depot.  Think I"m kidding?  Check it out.   Make permanent or semi-permanent changes to the environment.    Install a new door or remove one altogether.   Put in a new window or seal an old one.  Remove all old appliances and renovate the kitchen.  These may not all have to be done.   They are suggestions only.  

With regard to oppression and/or possession of more powerful entities such as demons or particularly unclean spirits, only Christian prayers and an appeal to God in the name of the blood of Christ will suffice to succeed.    Bear in mind that such afflictions are usually due to some personal flirtation with sin.    Before any of this can succeed, sin MUST be totally removed, denied and forgiven by God.   Do not take this for granted.   A determined effort must be made to make sure one has peace with God before entering spiritual warfare.   

Finally, it should be considered whether a spirit or spirits should be, in fact, removed at all.   If removal is not accompanied with sincere changes in behavior and peace made with God, the spirits will come back seven times stronger.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

• Content Count:  244
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2

We moved into a pretty old house last yr about this time. I think they were here already.

Sounds like the right diagnosis. And clearly you have more awareness of these things than most.

What you need to do is to take dominion over the premises in the name of Christ. Preferably, bring in someone with experience with such matters, and go room to room, praying in the authority of the name of Christ, that any spirits not of Him must depart. These prayers must call upon the Lord in true faith, nothing doubting, which is why it is helpful to have someone with experience in these things take the lead.

This is really good advise, I would seek out a pastor who understands these kinds of spiritual manifestations (probably a full gospel pastor will you find the man your looking for) and deal with them right away, the good news is Jesus has given us all authority over such spiritual dark entities and they must leave in Jesus name!

• Content Count:  244
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2

Through out my life and really more so when I got saved... I have had encounters with the demonic. They have manifested in the natural where my spiritual eyes and ears could hear and see them. I have not actually seen one.. but have seen them through objects in my home. I used to have angel figurines on my shelf and could see them (demons) manifesting through the faces on the figurines. I was wondering if anyone else has had these experiences as I have and how? Thank you for your responses.

Whether one sees or hears apparitions of the supernatural, one ought to recognize that humankind has NO powers against them apart from minor changes affecting the physical environment.   Men consider themselves to be the supreme entity in the universe.  It is unsettling to discover we are not.  So it is with those, myself included, who have engaged beings on the supernatural level.

It must be reiterated here that only the blood of Christ can save a man or woman from the clutches of the kingdom of satan.  This includes, but is not limited to demons, unclean spirits, ghosts and disembodied human spirits.

A tip for anyone who wants to de-haunt a house or apartment:   If the haunting is a disembodied human spirit, one only needs to rearrange the structure.  A new coat of paint often goes a long way to ejecting an unwanted spirit.  A caution should be noted here that such entities do not appreciate anyone manipulating what they consider to be their domain.  They will do what they can to interfere with the process.   In the initial phases, things can get very interesting.

You don't need to hire ghostbusters, the local witch doctor or a ghost whisperer.   Just buy paint at Home Depot.  Think I"m kidding?  Check it out.   Make permanent or semi-permanent changes to the environment.    Install a new door or remove one altogether.   Put in a new window or seal an old one.  Remove all old appliances and renovate the kitchen.  These may not all have to be done.   They are suggestions only.  

With regard to oppression and/or possession of more powerful entities such as demons or particularly unclean spirits, only Christian prayers and an appeal to God in the name of the blood of Christ will suffice to succeed.    Bear in mind that such afflictions are usually due to some personal flirtation with sin.    Before any of this can succeed, sin MUST be totally removed, denied and forgiven by God.   Do not take this for granted.   A determined effort must be made to make sure one has peace with God before entering spiritual warfare.   

Finally, it should be considered whether a spirit or spirits should be, in fact, removed at all.   If removal is not accompanied with sincere changes in behavior and peace made with God, the spirits will come back seven times stronger.

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...

once a man dies his spirit is located in one of two places, the only spirits that pretend to be the spirits of dead people are familiar spirits and they are nothing more than an evil spirit that is familiar with the departed.

Edited by seandavids