tsth

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

Do any of you know where Paul had already spoken of this revealing of the lawless one?

Evidently Paul had disclosed this to the Thessalonians earlier.  Since it is not recorded in 1 Thessalonians and only mentioned in 2 Thessalonians, we must conclude that it was a part of his oral preaching and teaching while with the Thessalonians.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  315
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1959

Don't be deceived for the breath of the Lord will destroy him, hold fast wait for the lord.

O Lord, be gracious unto us; we have waited for thee: be thou their arm every morning, our salvation also in the time of trouble.

It will a very bad time for the sinners in Sion on Earth.

14 The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings?

They will brake the covenant with the Lord and destroy citys not few.

The highways lie waste, the wayfaring man ceaseth: he hath broken the covenant, he hath despised the cities, he regardeth no man.

Them that are to die will die, they that fight with a sword will die by the sword, them that are capture will be captured.

At the noise of the tumult the people fled; at the lifting up of thyself the nations were scattered.

And your spoil shall be gathered like the gathering of the caterpiller: as the running to and fro of locusts shall he run upon them.

They have gave wicked council to the nations of the world and made them weak.

Wait on the Lord

23 Thy tacklings are loosed; they could not well strengthen their mast, they could not spread the sail: then is the prey of a great spoil divided; the lame take the prey.

24 And the inhabitant shall not say, I am sick: the people that dwell therein shall be forgiven their iniquity.

Wait on the Lord

Thine eyes shall see the king in his beauty: they shall behold the land that is very far off.

Wait on the Lord

Thou shalt not see a fierce people, a people of a deeper speech than thou canst perceive; of a stammering tongue, that thou canst not understand.

Wait on the Lord

Now will I rise, saith the Lord; now will I be exalted; now will I lift up myself.

Wait on the Lord.

O Lord, be gracious unto us; we have waited for thee: be thou their arm every morning, our salvation also in the time of trouble.

Wait on the Lord

16 He shall dwell on high: his place of defence shall be the munitions of rocks: bread shall be given him; his waters shall be sure.

WAIT ON THE LORD BLESSED BE HIS NAME.

Do any of you know where Paul had already spoken of this revealing of the lawless one?

Evidently Paul had disclosed this to the Thessalonians earlier.  Since it is not recorded in 1 Thessalonians and only mentioned in 2 Thessalonians, we must conclude that it was a part of his oral preaching and teaching while with the Thessalonians.

:thumbsup:

Even Our LORD Jesus

I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. John 5:43

• 6 months later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Not to upset the apple cart here since everyone is in mutual admiration mode here, the Church is expected to have complications and bumps in the road. The people God bred to lead the Church essentially abandoned it and Gentiles took up the cause. Jesus warned of false prophets, Paul warned of them and anathematized them, Peter, James, Jude, John all spoke of these church course changers / derailers.  The actual revealing in 2 Thessalonians 2 is who the antichrist / false messiah is.

2 Thessalonians 2:3–4 (AV)

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

John 17:12 (AV)

12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

Did Paul know who this would be? No. The Spirit who inspired Paul did. It would be another three centuries before the letters of Paul would be canonized into scripture. And it would be another several centuries before the scriptures reached believers other than the unbiblical division (the clergy), and apparently several more centuries before believers in Jesus Christ would accept what the passage actually teaches.

Judas Iscariot (Yehudah Esh Kirioth) ben Shimon of the tribe of Dan (Genesis 49:17) is the one human being in all history that Satan the devil possessed:

Luke 22:3 (AV)

3 Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve.

John 13:26–27 (AV)

26 Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon.

27 And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.

This was to insure Jesus was put to death which he believed would solidify his defeat of God. Get him when he was most vulnerable in the person of the incarnate Son of God. Too late did he realize the death of Jesus was God's plan all along. The so-called remorse of Judas was Satan trying to undo what he had done playing right into God's hand (Matthew 27:3-10). No doubt the man Judas killed himself because of the rage of the devil within him was too much to bear. Not only had he played into God's hand, but he could not undo what he had done because he had done too good a job corrupting the Sanhedrin who he appealed to put a stop to the execution of Jesus.

Revelation 20:1–7 (AV)

1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

The word for thousand in the Greek means thousands (or like we would say "millions" meaning a vast amount of unspecific numbers). For 2000 actual years believers have lost their heads (lives) for the faith who have not taken the 6 6 6 mark of the beast ✡ (which was not the only opposition to the Gospel but it was the first). And it will be in prominence again in the last hour when Judas Iscariot (indwelt by Satan) is released from the pit for a short time and blasphemes Jesus and Christianity and affirms the Old Jewish Covenant (which Jesus fulfilled and put an end to ushering in the New Covenant).

Revelation 13 (AV)

1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.

10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

14 And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

The simply mark ✡ in the last hour will be a tracking device used to expose the one people on earth who will not accept it (Christians).

Daniel 9:27 (AV)

27 And he shall confirm THE covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Daniel 11:37 (AV)

37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

2 Thessalonians 2:4 (AV)

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

And when he does this he will renege on his covenant with the Jews and revert to the plains of shinar where his "moses" Nimrod built the ancient Babylonian religion (Zechariah 5:5-11). When he puts an end to the daily sacrifice (Daniel 12:11-12) he will have presumed the Christian Church vanquished by that point and by his betrayal the Jews will become the refuseniks the Christians had been which is what gets the whole world ticked off at them and mounts the Armageddon campaign. 

This will all be to get the Jewish people to finally cry out to Jesus for salvation as the world's armies are crushing in on them. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

The deceptions and strong delusions that have always been a threat to the truth in the world, is evil hidden by apparent goodness - or a form of godliness. And where would you find that except in the places where truth is supposed to be taught?

If the evil was obvious, and obviously lawless, then even the authorities would recognize it and deal with it. But the lawlessness has nothing to do with the laws of men, but of God. The Bible states that he who offends in one point of the law offends in all. Jesus said not one iota of the law of God will be changed - Matthew 5.

However God showed through Daniel 7:25 that the "blasphemous" one would attempt to change the law of God, and especially the times of God's law. 

The lawless one is the same as the mystery of iniquity, and the devil, a false Christ, the Antichrist and so forth. His work is identified by having attempted a change in God's laws. 

There are only ten laws of God, so it does not take a genius to work out who the lawless one is in the earth, and which power arose out of the fourth empire on earth. What is more this power was not only political, but religious as well, and it still exists today, as predicted by Daniel, "the horn" exists right until the end of this world.

Being religious, it has incubated itself into the churches and religions of the world, and it is through these avenues that it is still worshiped. So there is no point in looking for some bad entity to dramatically invade a building in Jerusalem. This lawless one has already established himself on common ground, and in warning the world, God is calling His own people out of it - see Rev 18. The question is, are the people listening? Do they know what identifies evil? Do they know which laws of God have been changed, in so far as time is concerned? Do they see that what they thought should be trustworthy is in fact the Devil's hold? 

Edited by Kan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

The devil sends the beast with wroth because he knows his time is short.  He is alarently working to prevent something God has said from coming to pass.  The son of perdition is a very scary thought indeed for as Christ was the perfect godly man so shall this antichrist figure be absolute in his sinfulness complete contrary to the law of God in every way.  There will be no truth in him.  He himself ought be persuaded that he is the Christ come to rule the people of the earth and usher in permanent peace.  Jesus, he will say, was a good man, a great teacher but will never accuse him of being the only begotten son of God.  This one chosen of Satan will wreak havoc upon the true followers of Christ as no man before him ever has.  I personally have come to believe that he will not believe he is doing a single thing wrong but rather that he is doing the perfect will of God.  Praise God that he has shortened the days!